OneLoanPlace.com Employee Reviews

If you need ANY kinda money
Senior Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2019
The will hire anyone so if you need a quick buck go for it. Ultimately the company is a complete scam, almost shut down by better business bureau more than once. They lie to customers and make it appear as if we are a lender when n fact we are not often times customers are only referred to a PAID credit report service and a PAID credit repair service with no chance of getting the loan. This is how you will make your money by selling a dream and hoping that hopeless people really in need of financial assistance trust you enough to sign up for credit repair in return of what they hope will be a loan approval. Low down and dirty place that lack morals and humility. Just in it to make a quick buck. I hated working there everyday i wanted to quit and finally did because i was fed up. DOUG a manager is the only positive experience i had with the company, everything else was the worst.
Pros
Free Food on occasion
Cons
Everything else
Built to Scam people, worthless job
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Appalachee ParkwayMarch 6, 2019
A place where they lie to you from the moment you interview. They start by saying you can make up to $40 an hour. Then in the training they say $20-25 easily. Then in practice you realize that about 1% of employees make that amount and you are never allowed to shadow them or even really engage with them. The script they drill into you is built to scam people into taking subscriptions for things they don't want before ever giving them a loan option. The managers will even tell you not to let them know they can cancel subscriptions and you aren't even supposed to say it is a subscription in the first place. The technique used is to bewilder people with a barrage of information, preying on their lack of knowledge and their need for a loan, and to get them to sign into things before they ever know what hit them. Some of the people could definitely use the credit repair subscriptions or the loan consolidation options but that should come first before ever subscribing them to anything and all of the information should be laid out clearly and honestly. Scummy place to work and you rarely break $9 an hour even if you bust your butt.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
everything else
fun
Apalachee Pkwy - Senior Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2019
The days were filled with excitement. Opportunity to make money.Spaces in cubicles were average. Staff was nice and welcoming. It has been a fun experience with one loan place.
Pretty okay place
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time here. Pretty good schedule and I was able to learn a lot about the processing of loans. Met great people here as well, friendly environment.
Worthless.
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  TallDecember 18, 2018
Well, if you want to work at a job where they kick you out for asking to shadow & get the hang of things so you can find your "flow" then this is the place for you! Wasn't even there for a week & I wasn't "doing my job" due to the previous days of not receiving help that I was asking for throughout the day, just "motivation." Yeah, motivation to keep scamming & rising up my anxiety in other words.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Poor management skills & plays favorites.
Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 16, 2018
It's a job! And if you need work they will hire you! It was very slow and boring everyday. I've learned that you are getting people to pay for their scores and stuff not getting loans. The hardest part was trying to stay up.
Run! A bunch of empty promises and the job is stressful
Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 12, 2018
When talking to customers the job seems to be a scam. Also they don’t really prep you on the different kind of rebuttals you will receive from clients they only give you a handful and the rest you’re basically just winging it. But it’s easy to get the job it’s just stressful with a lot of empty promises and you have to be a really good talker to get those customers to want to go through a credit specialist when all they want is a loan
Pros
They feed you every once in a while
Cons
Everything else
Do Not Waste Your Time
Senior Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 13, 2018
It was a very dissapointing and depressing place to work. Managers and other staff members are not friendly. You do not get paid enough to deal with all the job requires. They are not fully honest with you and when speaking to customers it feels like it's a scam. If you work here and they say that it easy to make commision they're lying! Your chances of ever ending the pay period with commision are slim to none.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Everything they stand for, Management
Good if you do well with sales
Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 3, 2018
Before you get hired they don't inform you that you'll have to make sales.It seems like you'll just be assisting people finding loans and that's how you'll earn commission. However, that is very misleading.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
misleading customers
Good For Sales
Loan Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 26, 2018
OneLoanPlace has a very friendly management and they're always willing to help you be better at sales. However this is a sales job and you need to convince individuals looking for loans that they need to buy credit repair instead. It seems deceiving honestly, but everything you're told to say is 100 percent legal and the truth. Great for college students looking for a flexible work schedule. There's free food on the weekends as well.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Repetitive
I learned a lot
Senior Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 21, 2018
I grew up without a lot of knowledge about credit and finance but through this job I learned a great deal. The typical day consisted of taking inbound calls and guiding people through a process that was controlled by a customized computer system. The system kept track of what programs were available. The management is young and all were promoted from within. The hardest part was finding my game face each and every call. This was a challenge for me and the company provided a lot of games and prizes for good results and being on script. I loved my coworkers and the fact the place felt like a family not a job. There is a culture there from the top down that cares about people.
Pros
flexible schedule and free food
Cons
was far from my apartment
Great place if you have the right mind-set
Senior Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 9, 2018
They are a growing company and treat their employees like family. Some employees are just college students, while others are making a career. It is what you make of it. Even though it is a call center, you never have to make a cold-call which is a major plus. Full day shifts can feel very long because you are just sitting at a computer and you have limited breaks. If you are a college student looking for sales experience, I highly recommend. I am not interested in sales, so I did not have an enjoyable time, but I did learn valuable skills that I will forever keep with me.
Pros
Free lunch for weekend shifts; superiors care about you
Cons
call center
It was a great company with a laid back work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 1, 2018
It was not the job for me. I do not want to write this. We had great bosses and great work hours. however i did not like the fact that i did
not get payed vacation.
just a bad job
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 3, 2018
Job i worked in college. Was not a good job. No room for growth. A lot of lies were told and Checks were not always right. Overall bad place. Bad job.
Pros
control your pay check
Cons
everything
It's a quite, quick pace place.
Senior Loan Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 25, 2018
It was boring but you can make lots of money. If your good at talking to people and communicating. It is a good job to have when going to school. It is very competitive.
OK work place
Senior Loan Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day consist of calling clients in the morning and in the evening receiving phone calls from clients. Nice work staff friendly work environment. Fun out of office activities with workers and fun office games.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
commission-based pay may or may not get paid well
I liked it.
SENIOR LOAN REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 2, 2018
working at oneloanplace. did teach me a few things, would I recommend it to someone for a job.... NO! but for the most part if you need something flexible for school id say join their team.
Fast paced and stressful
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 17, 2017
Very stressful for certain types of people. Needs to be able talk for a long period of time on the phone. The people are nice and friendly and willing to help you succeed
Pros
Ability to make commission
Cons
Very short breaks, a lot of people don't make commission
Great Management, Caring Owner, Stressful job
SALES (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2017
The owner/management truly care about the workers, but it is basically just data mining masquerading as a loan matching service, and I had a difficult time talking to desperate people who didn't want/need credit repair or loan consolidation (abused wives, single mothers were the most soul-wrenching).
Pros
Free lunch every weekend, caring staff/owner, 40 hour maximum work week
Cons
Data mining hurt my soul
Not a bad gig
Senior Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 24, 2017
Not a bad gig for a first job/ getting your foot in a finance related type job. Great for eager college students wanting to learn more about Finance. No degree needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneLoanPlace.com. Our community is ready to answer.

OneLoanPlace.com Reviews by Location