OneMain Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,002 reviews matching the search See all 1,005 reviews
Could Be a Good Place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
The company fosters a team of insubordinate workers. The district manager allows them to have personal contact which causes chaos in individual branches. I say the company because upper management is aware of how some of the district managers treat the branch managers and they do absolutely nothing about it. They harass and threaten certain managers, set high expectations that are not attainable. There is no work life balance for any member of the company.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
If you want a life, don't apply!
Not to shab
Lead Financial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 13, 2018
Good company to work for. slow for moving up. I would say that the upper management has a hard time communicating with the lower level csr's, In turn that will cause some confusion.
Terrible industry, terrible place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2018
Industry takes advantage of people in dire situations, but offers equal opportunity rip offs to anyone. Hardest part of the job is to sell insurances, both loan specific and ancillary and sell them on the high interest rates. Work culture is terrible, upper management in most cases talk about employees to other employees located at other branches. Upper management and other's have very few scruples, they are privy to information that is blabbed to other employees and so on. Branch managers play favorites...NOT family friendly. Poor, pitiful locations in strip malls!
Pros
bonus program, but you better make quota or you won't get raises or keep your job, however good compensation.
Cons
Very unprofessional industry and this company has very little integrity
Busy and Challenging work environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 3, 2018
It has been some time since I've worked for this company and when I did it was not called OneMain, it was called American General Finance. My position was similar to a Member Service Representative job at a Credit Union.
Poor manangment and Upper Management
Sr. Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 31, 2018
Management is unfair and unprofessional , makes working in a small office very uncomfortable . Degrading attitude and treatment to customers is horrible ! High turn over , lots of gossip and mess in district .
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Work life Balance / Poor Management
Corporate culture has much to be desired
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2018
Since being employed by OneMain, the company has undergone several rounds of changes. I haven't really seen much room for growth, although there are individuals who have an opportunity to move into different content areas.
Great to work for and with Teamwork ethic
Personal loan specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2018
This far is the best company I have ever worked for. I have an administrative background as well as criminal background jobs. I went in thinking I would drown in collection calls but that's not true on a typical day you do have a call list for collections , new application list follow up some admin work. My district manager down to my branch manager have been nothing but encouraging, and Hands-On helpful. I went from leaving a very stressful job because of management not the work and to going into a company that values and appreciates your hard work. I will say this the pay is at a base salary but there's absolutely no reason why you can't advance. I have been asked in the short 5 months that I have been there where do I want to be or where do I see myself in the company I was honest and I don't feel exactly ready but when I do I know I am being considered and will be trained for that position.
Pros
Benefits time off management
lots of overtime
Collector Int (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 26, 2018
there is opportunity for alot of overtime, sometimes a little too much but you're not required to work it, the job is collections, the group or audience of consumers are low fico consumers, very difficult to reach, working extended hours is a must in order to reach consumers and make some type of arrangement. Management is awesome there, no micro managing, Lots and lots of work to be done there, employee appreciation is one big thing there, the work is treacherous but the atmosphere and management there are great
Pros
no micro managing, monthly bonus pay
Cons
Time off only on business needs, incompetetive base salary
Busy and repetitive
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 26, 2018
A typical day at work is answering calls back to back to rude people. Management was okay, and my coworkers made the day a little bit better. Hardly no advancement.
Pros
Met different people, had great events
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Do not work here!!
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJuly 26, 2018
Awful management, don’t follow state regulations, will deceive clients in order to close the loan, horrible ethics, poor training, sexist enviornment.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Horrible ethics, bad management, do whatever they have to to close loans
District manager doesn't care about nobody but her money and new house that she is building.
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2018
The Memphis District has a new district manager that doesn't care about anybody. She only cares about money and the new house she is building. Run!!!!
Pros
Decent Pay, Good Hours
Cons
New district manager has ruined the work experience
Healthy Environment
Operations Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2018
Fun atmosphere, they provide several amenities, the lounge TV, Bean bag toss even a treadmill keeps employees stress free. very considerate. Makes for a very healthy work environment.
Pros
employee engagment
Cons
management in some cases
Stable workplace with limited advancement opportunities
Financial Analyst / Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2018
OneMain does provide a stable workplace, but opportunities for advancement are limited. Candidates are often selected from outside applicants rather than grow talent internally.
not a fun place to work
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Richmond VirginiaJuly 17, 2018
Manager there was awful, she was not a good trainer, she often created a hostile working environment. she created a environment that was not conducive to learning
Pros
location
Cons
manager
Career culture is ever changing
Senior Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2018
This job offered ZERO work-life balance. It was not unheard of to work up to 50 hours the last week of the month. Our keystrokes were monitored and if we were not actively typing in the system for more than 15 minutes we would get a call from the very overbearing district manager.
Great company
IT/HELPDESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Main Campus, Evansville, INJuly 14, 2018
Good company to work for.and benefits are excellent. I would recommend One Main as a place to work. Great place to start a career. The atmosphere is a good as well. employees are friendly.
small office feel
Personal Loan Specialist/Intern (Former Employee) –  Robinson, PAJuly 5, 2018
I learned how to work in many different work environments and how each branch operates. The small office allows each employee to take responsibility in different roles.
Pros
free food fridays
Cons
salary based on sales
Failure
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 5, 2018
I was very happy in London Call Center with the work I was doing and wanted to move to Florida. I worked on Loan several years ago so it was something "old" and now new. Very little training was given and now with what is taken place I am being set up for failure.
Pros
Old position people supported you. New job no support.
Cons
Not given time to learn and do my job properly
N/a
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 3, 2018
Good work life balance, flexible working conditions, good management. cultivates employees for further advancement within the corporation. Good working conditions.
Good autonomy, Job Culture is lacking
IT Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 30, 2018
I enjoy working here, but recently I was denied a salary increase, mentorship participation, and job transfer, which has me looking elswhere. To be fair, I really do like the management here and the coworkers are generally great to work with. The uncertainty of the company being bought and sold by investment groups makes the job security questionable. My department is currently growing in size (mainframe financial applications) but the salary and promotion outlook is stagnate. There are attempts being made to improve every year, but they also cut a bunch of recreational leagues and events where volunteers have organized for years, including a golf league and casino night. This is definitely bad for morale. Also, there are inconsistent work from home policies. Some people remote once a week, some work remote, and some are required to work one day a month at the office. Overall, I rate it a 4, but they really need to work on these issues or they will lose good talent.
Pros
Flexible breaks, nice people, corporate bells and whistles
Cons
Uncertainty of career advancement, inconsistent policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneMain. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight