OneMain Employee Reviews

Found 1,107 reviews matching the search See all 1,110 reviews
Office Politics vs. Company Cultire
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMarch 19, 2019
Your experience depends on who your supervisor is. At the end of the day, you have to meet the number. Consumer finance is an ever changing world. Maintain your numbers and profit and you’re good.
Pros
VIP plan, travel, bonus, etc.
Cons
Late nights. 6 day work week
The worst
BRANCH ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  GEORGIAMarch 19, 2019
The manager that I worked from offered me more money to work for her than the loan company I was working for. It was a lie. The hours are awful. The goals are unrealistic. It is a joke.
ok place to work
Personal Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 19, 2019
The company has more or less stopped giving raises to loan specialist unless you are rated in like the top 10% of the company and even then the max raise one can receive is .25 cents and hour while the Officer and above positions get blessed with huge yearly bonuses and nice pay increases. Meanwhile the loan specialist is the companies true bread and butter. I have personally worked here for a little over 2 years and the company says they are stable however have had 3 different CEO's in that time frame and multiple different Large "shareholders" come and go and with every new "shareholder" rules and the way we do things change until that shareholder decides to invest elsewhere then we go back to the "old " way of doing things or change things up totally again.
Great Learning Experience; not so pleasant to work there!
Sr. Policy & Procedures Analyst/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2019
I was hired as a contractor, and although my commute was longer than most of my previous jobs, I still took the assignment because initially it allowed me to position myself in a working environment where I was truly learning a NEW type of technical writing (financial based). The issue I had was with management not particularly listening to or being open to anything I had to say in terms of work performed, etc. Assumptions were made about what/how I did my work - - although I was producing just like others "in training", but for some reason my leadership skills and professionalism were consistently challenged and the opportunity came to an abrupt end.
Decent company
PERSONAL LOAN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2019
There is a lot of things the company does right but one thing it could do better is focus on their employees in the office environment. There are some things that occur in the office that upper management and Human Resources are not aware of.
Overall good
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2019
You need to prepare yourself to work some Saturdays and late nights once in a while. There is little room for advancement but this is partially because people get the position and stay. It’s is fairly sales driven and, if your team is good, a fun environment. You work closely with your manager which is a good thing because it takes a while to learn all of it. The goals are pretty unrealistic and upper management doesn’t take into consideration the market you’re in or if there is enough business to sustain individual goals. Good healthcare and excellent paid time off. It’s a great stepping stone if you’re wanting to get acclamated in the financial or lending world.
Pros
Great pto
Cons
Little room to move up
Stay away from OMF-ITS A JOKE working there.
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 12, 2019
Management does not know what they are doing. Company does not offer any kind of training and want you to know all procedures, not even the manager knows them. There are workers there working for long time and dont know what is going on. Management does not care about the employees,ONLY CARE about the numbers. I suggest anyone to stay away from OMF-its a joke.
Pros
not a thing
Cons
every thing
Great place to work!
Sr. Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 11, 2019
I am very fortunate to have a great District Manager and Office Manager. I love my job and love the people I work with. I have nothing bad to say about this company. I enjoy going to work every day and it's wonderful to feel this way. : )
Pros
Good Benefits
Lack of Diversity, Unorganized
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2019
This company does not value diversity, if you are of color stay away. Contant policy changes, horrible training, horrible management. HR sucks as well
March 15, 2019

We take this matter seriously. Please reach out to hrsocialmedia.omf.com with your concerns. – M.S.

Horrible place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Macon, GA 31210March 4, 2019
The set outrageous goals. They don’t set goals according to markets. They don’t care about the employees on their bottom dollar. They wonder why their turn over rate is so high.
March 15, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. Our branch team members take part in a variable incentive program (VIP) based on their individual branch sales goals. If you have concerns with the VIP program, we urge you to reach out to your Manager or HR Business Partner to discuss further. – M.S.

work life balance good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 3, 2019
i loved this job!
great work life balance
good benefits
job security not very good
i loved my management team
i love the office and employees i worked with
Pros
life/work balance
Cons
they not believe staff over the customers
March 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed working with here. You may contact hrsocialmedia@omf.com with any of your concerns. - M.S.

Highly competitive employer!!
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYFebruary 23, 2019
OneMain Financial has it right! They strive to be a competitive world class employer and treat their employees with respect and a great work life balance. People that work here typically call it a second home and are here for 15+ years on the regular. Benefits are second to none! Career advancement if you want it!
Pros
career advancement, employee satisfaction, beneftis
Cons
desk job alot of sitting means you need to have an active work out plan
March 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoy working with your co-workers. Thank you for being part of the team! - M.S.

Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 21, 2019
OneMain was a good company to work for, have no complains about the company. Very flexible with work schedule as well as pay. Only downfall was too far from home, so I needed to relocate.
March 1, 2019

Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear about your positive work experience. – M.S.

sales specialist
Sr. Loan Specialist, Current (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 21, 2019
•Responsible for developing new relationships and business, working with customers from their initial evaluation to close, keeping in touch with them throughout the loan process and sales cycle
•Based on their inquiries (online or through customer service), talk with customers and offer them financial solutions that meet their goals
•Responsible for all credit underwriting techniques and sales tools
•Educate customers on the terms and conditions of their loan to ensure a clear understanding and manage collections activities, when necessary
•Comply with company guidelines and procedures
March 1, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. – M.S.

Great Company
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC 29501February 18, 2019
Great company to work for. I gained great customer service knowledge. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help someone. I loved the people that I work with.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Na
March 1, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're happy to see your comment, and we appreciate your commitment to our customers. – M.S.

not a good place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day is calling past due customers, solicitation, taking applications, closing loans, and taking payments.
I love the job, but upper management is horrible, unethical, and domineering.
February 22, 2019

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are committed to following the Customer Commitment and Borrower's Bill of Rights. If you believe this has not been followed, we encourage you to contact the ethics hotline. – M.S.

Springleaf Financial
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 10, 2019
I love finance and sales, but I was laid off 2 months after I was hired due to the branch closing. There is not much I can say since I did not work there very long.

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you success on your next venture. – M.S

Very entry level
Personal Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2019
You start each month with a large reduction of your commission being taken away, because accounts aren't being paid on. (even if the account is satisfied later you can have an account 30 days past due and they will deduct from your commission)
They want each PLS to get licenses to sell life insurance but only offers one policy. (three different terms) Conditions need to be extremely ideal to make money outside of salary. Not many ways to get a pay out otherwise.
This isn't really geared for professional sales people hoping to make commissions. I would imagine that most people spend a year or two here and move on. There is the; "if these conditions are met, you could make etc. etc" Most people, due to conditions out of your control, will fall outside of this.
Pros
basic
Cons
They take away commission
February 22, 2019

Thank you for your review. We strive to keep base pay rates competitive with our industry as well as geographic locations. We would like to hear about your concerns and urge you to reach out to your Manager or HR Business Partner to discuss further. – M.S.

Listen to your gut not your managers advice
Senior lending officer/assistant branch manager (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAFebruary 9, 2019
Whatever you find to be the rules follow them don’t listen to your manager because they will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat to avoid their own accountability, and their own punitive actions...
Pros
Free lunch, good bonuses, good vacation time, and some access to other educational endeavors
Cons
High pressure to perform daily, lack of communication, lack of support and be able to take the fall for your managements poor direction
February 22, 2019

Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoy our Benefits. We are committed to responsible lending and would like to know more about your concerns. You may provide information to hrsocialmedia@omf.com which will be shared with appropriate individuals. – M.S

Excellent workplace with great bonus potential
Customer Care Agent/Collector (Current Employee) –  London, KYFebruary 8, 2019
set work schedule
trained 3 weeks in class and 2 on floor
diverse culture and great benefit opportunities
great paid time off and benefits
lots of team work and cultivating of teams to work together
Pros
great cafeteria, beautiful break area, company paid lunches for goals set
Cons
intense training, takes avg 3 to 6 months to learn job well, pressure to collect money and achieve department goals set
February 22, 2019

Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoy our Benefits and working with your co-workers. Thank you for being part of the team! We encourage you to speak with your manager or HR Business Partner regarding any concerns you have. You may also provide feedback to hrsocialmedia@omf.com. – M.S

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneMain. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight