OneMain Employee Reviews

Found 1,067 reviews matching the search See all 1,070 reviews
Fast-paced Finance Company
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJ 08360December 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be working closely with employees to help our customers get the best product available. We learn a lot by speaking to each customer to find out what their needs are. The hardest part of the job would be collecting customers payments when they are having financial problems. But I do like when we solve the customers problems/collect payments and customer are happy with the help we gave them.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Late hours
a normal day
Customer Care Specialist senior (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2018
This is an awesome place to work. My supervisor is by far the best. Anytime that I have a problem about anything and I do mean anything he does his best to assist in the best way possible I just need more money
Na
Sr. Branch Account Executive II & Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXDecember 6, 2018
Consumer Lending Corporation providing signature loans, and auto secured loans with cash out depending on LTV.

Job duties include: Customer Service, Cash Handling and payments, collections, audit, compliance, calling customer base for Solicition, and collections. Converted internet leads into Branch Lending profitability.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I wouldn't work here, if I were you.
Consumer Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 5, 2018
The work environment is relaxed, but uncomfortable. Bonuses are basically nonexistent. They state you'll receive them, but after deductions, you may end up with MAYBE $100. Just kind of a letdown. Okay pay and benefits, but overall, a braindead position.
Pros
Um?
Cons
Let me count the ways
I will never want to work there again.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  York, SCNovember 29, 2018
The managers are very unprofessional. The branch office employees are horrible and dishonest. They have their favorites among employers, The branch managers will leave the office to go get hair cuts will on the clock.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No worklife balance.
Great compan7
Professional Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, NCNovember 28, 2018
Good company to work with . I have really enjoyed my time at one main financial good employer good benefits and raises to us and alot of bonus for us as employees
Great co-workers
Collections/Repossession Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, KYNovember 27, 2018
Responsible for over 150 accounts that I call and try to collect. Then do research on accounts that I’m unable to reach customer on phone to find location of vehicle so I can arrange to have it repossessed.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Changes goal expectations to make goal harder to hit
Awesome Place to work
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 26, 2018
Great work life balance. They are very understanding that we have families and they are willing to work with you in times of need. Just like any other job show up do your work and what you are hired to do.
Love It
PERSONAL LOAN SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2018
great opportunities realistic goals nice bonus structure lots of opportunity for growth. lots of work perks great laid back office with good people. good look out for future
n/a
Senior Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 12, 2018
I would not like to review my previous employer. The current manager did not follow the ethics code. The company does not protect employees against retaliation.
Life/work balance a joke!
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2018
Micromanagement is the name of the game at Onemain. Your boss watches and hovers over your desk constantly and listens to your phone calls. Do you enjoy being a debt collector? How about coming in on Saturday solely to hassle customers to pay their bills. I got yelled at in front of the entire office for going to my OBGYN appointment for my high risk pregnancy. I did not return after my maternity leave. This is an awful company. High interest loans make you feel like a loan shark. Do not work here.
Compensation
PERSONAL LOAN SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fox Lake, ILNovember 10, 2018
Company is heading in a direction where you get decent pay but you will not see a dollar of a bonus because the company is realizing their customers are getting worse but they still want to make their policies and products and expect employees to meet raised goals. The company wants employees to quit.
great place to work, fun environment
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALNovember 7, 2018
I loved my job, i loved my coworkers, hated to leave but i had my reasons. Hope someone else can find enjoyment in my job. I know i sure did!!!!!!!!!!!!
High learning work environment , flexible and fun to work
Sr Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Massena, NYNovember 6, 2018
Goal oriented job. Great place to work. They are very flexible with you when you need to take time for family. They will definitely vouch for you as their employee and will back you up with new ideas and input. Company cares about their employees and opinions.
Pros
Educational environment, flexible, fun environemt.
Cons
You don't get some holidays off.
Branch doesnt work as a team some work harder than others and not rewarded with bonuses
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 2, 2018
Been with company for many years and was forced in a branch that doesn't work as a team and manager wont address the issue to make our branch thrive. We have another branch in area down the raod with dedicated employees who consistently hit targets and employees bonus and manager isn't concerned that there might be an issue with the way the office is ran.
Pros
Vacation and benefits
Cons
Staff memebers
I work with a great team.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSNovember 1, 2018
A typical day at work would include calling to collect accounts that are delinquent. Take credit applications and send to underwriters. Once a loan is approved get the customer in the store to close the loan.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
terrible work life balance
lots of company benefits but management is lacking.
Auto Remarketer, title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 1, 2018
Had no chance of advancement. Lots of clicks. Management was very moody and rude. Job was easy and became monotonous. If you like people talking about people behind others back then this is the job for you.
Pros
easy work
Cons
hateful work place culture
customer care (Former Employee) –  London, KY 40741October 30, 2018
The job was a great job with nice management. To much competition with the other workers, if you actually needed help with something it seemed as if this was a time for them to get ahead of you.
Pros
Great management, fun activities with workers, Mike Taylor was the greatest supervisor there.
Cons
competition, getting moved to other stations to much.
They don't care about the people they're giving loans to
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 26, 2018
One main paid really well. Had good benefits. However, their business practice was horrible. They don't care about giving awful loans to people that just need some help. They tried to screw people over. They harassed people for payments even if it wasn't past due. Sneaky awful. My manager was rude and talked about me behind my back.
Great Experience
Sr. Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Augusta, SCOctober 25, 2018
This job will give you great experience. Fast paced, multi-tasking job. Hardest part of the job is getting all requirements done in time. Most enjoyable part is when you get all requirements done. 4 weeks vacation after 1 year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneMain. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight