ONEOK Employee Reviews

TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2018
Company culture is really laid back and friendly. I have enjoyed my time here.

As an IT support person, I have found most people are friendly and willing to accept advice.
Miserable place to work for!
Pipeline Operator (Current Employee) –  Geary, OKOctober 8, 2018
Some of the lower management are good people but you get passed that and the management has no spine what so ever. The culture is cut throat and scare tactics. If you don't work in the Tulsa main office you are just a number. The pay and benefits are ok, but if you have a decent job already I would not recommend quitting it to come to work here. I will be leaving just as soon as I find a new job!
Pros
Pay and Benefits are decent.
Cons
Poor management, they do not care about the employees at all.
Fun easy flow but fast pace a well
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2018
OneOk is a good place to work. Not too stressful and they make it fun. Makes the time go by so fast. You prep the food for all the suites and decks even for the baseball players and coaches. It's a really good environment.
Pros
They cook for you, your schedule is always posted ahead of time
Over 10 years with the company and it's ever changing
Senior Gas Controller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2018
Market based pay..... get used to that term with ONEOK. We usually seem to be not quite at the bottom of the market but no where near the middle. My dept doesn't get too many chances for advancement but with our upper managment I don't see why you would want to.

There is a lot of Nepotism going on at corporate right now. That used to be a big NO NO but for some reason they are letting it happen again.

Some of our upper management is clueless when it goes on to the day to day operation of what you actually do. But, will be quick to remind you how to do your job when they've never been in your shoes. Most meetings I attend we always sit down with people that believe they are the smartest in the room and should be treated as such.

Safety is only a word. They sing it real loud but when you have walk on hire events up North (BAKKEN) don't expect to get the sharpest tools in the shed.

My advice is for someone with no experience to come in and learn the industry from us. Get all your certifications and training on industry standards and then bounce for more money. Most young in's do and seem to get pretty good raises from competitors.

We've got all the regular industry standard benefits. 6% match 401, health, dental, profit sharing. If you are being recruited don't let the recruiter fool you into any type of "bonus" structure. Our bonuses are a joke compared to the competition.
Great Company
PLANT I&E COMMISSIONING MANAGER/REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  North DakotaAugust 9, 2018
Great Company to work for. My counterparts were very knowledgeable and held themselves at a professional level at all times. This company treats all employees with utmost respect.
Great Company
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2018
Woked at ONEOK for 4 years. I loved the culture and people I worked with. I was relocated for a couple years and ONEOK allowed me to travel home on the scheduled weekends with my son. I also feel ONEOK (within my group anyways) appreciated its employees. Hard work did not go unnoticed and I was monetarily rewarded every year. I would recommend working for ONEOK to anyone.
Great place out of college, will need to move for advance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 1, 2018
Great place to start a career but not a good place to advance. No solid reasoning is given for timing or achievements needed to move up in the company. Was told only lateral moves were encouraged and not to apply for positions higher than my own.
Worked for ONEOK for 15 years
Storage Operator (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILJune 22, 2018
Do not repeat Do not work or apply at the Morris IL. location. Management at this location and Oneok area managers are very one sided.when it comes to employees.there
The job consisted of rotating shifts which were good for the work life balance if you liked the 12 hour shift schedule, pay was decent, benefits and 401K were good
Just stay away from the Morris IL location
Pros
pay, work life balance
Cons
management
Overall very good experience
I&E Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2018
Good opportunity to learn about natural gas industry. People are well rounded and eager to assist new employees. Leadership overall focused on strengthening talent pool.
Instrumentation, Electrical & Controls Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILApril 30, 2018
Oneok is a great company with multiple areas where a person can learn and advance. Management leaves a lot to be desired as it tends to be the "good old boy" type of management with managers' friends receiving preferential treatment and others considered to be outsiders.
Stable employer w/great benefits & opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 18, 2018
Hard work & loyalty are not overlooked at ONEOK and provide great opportunities to learn, grow & develop into new positions. Benefits & pay are wonderful!
I would not recommend working there
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXFebruary 28, 2018
the people could not do anything if people from out of state didn't tell them how to do it. Then when you get sick of their ways they through you under the bus every chance they get. The southern hospitality is just a act so they can stab you in the back when you turn around.
I've Had worse
Field Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 13, 2018
Good company but they do not like giving raises or promotions. Be sure to get everything in writing. Do not trust promises from management............
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No Pay raises
IT Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 7, 2018
I worked here for 3 years and had a great experience. The culture is friendly and ONEOK does a good job of assigning you to projects that keep the job fun and interesting.
Pros
Friendly culture, challenging projects
Cons
Politics between groups, pay slightly below other similar companies
great place to work
Multi-Skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 6, 2018
fulfilling, good peers, you always recieved proper training, safety oriented, willingness to listen from most management personel, working in the field at tasks mostly decided upon by you.
Generally a good job to have.
Pipeline, compressor station operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 1, 2018
A good job, nothing very strenuous. Must be willing to get down and dirty sometimes. A good environment of safety. Fair compensation package.
Some weeks employees are on call 24 hours a day, and must be willing to go out into the field under any conditions.
Good Company with good benefits.
Developer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 29, 2018
Talent should be put on the forefront when making decisions about employees growth. Management should be watched keenly on what they do. Otherwise, its a great company with great benefits.
Excellent
Desktop Support (Project Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2018
The people and management at ONEOK were exceptional. I would gladly work there again if the opportunity presented itself. Highly recommended company to work for.
Pros
Relaxed, fun environment
Challenging
Senior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pratt, KSJanuary 17, 2018
It’s a challenging job mentally and physically. We have a variety of different mechanical and operational equipment which contributes to making this job a challenge since we aren’t standardized. We spend a lot of time working in harsh weather environments and through the overnight hours to keep equipment running and gas moving.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Weather conditions and late nights
steady and stimulating working enviornment
Senior Administrative /Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2018
Very busy, it was a lot to learn but training was extremely beneficial, things were managed well, laid back, nothing hard about my job and i really enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Pros
benefits, working flexibiilty, hours
Cons
travel, inadequate software

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ONEOK. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight