Onepath Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time with these bottom feeders
Subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2019
I signed up with one path as an Independent Security and Alarm Technician. If you are new to subcontracting your best bet to start out is through Field Nation or Work Market. I do not like their service platform at all and is near impossible to use.

To start out, I get about 10 calls a day from foreigners bugging me about jobs that are over an hour away. When I tell them they are too far they say they will pay travel. The problem is that I don't like driving an hour to a job and I get enough work locally so I don't have to.

Every now and then there will be jobs in my area but I still don't take them. When you request a job, you don't get it immediately, you have to wait for a call back to get it assigned.

Once your onsite, everything goes as your typical service call, you check in with several phone numbers, wait several minutes in the parking lot (make sure you drive a vehicle with AC because you will need it in the summer!). Once you are done performing your work this is where it gets tricky.

You have to complete "milestones". Basically unnecessary tasks they put in because they don't trust technicians to do their job. The problem is one of the milestones requires you to submit your signoff sheet before you can close out. The problem is that the sign off sheet requires a release code, and you can't get that code until the "milestones" are all finished. It's almost like they just wanted to bust the techs balls one final time before he gets to be free.
Poor management from top to bottom
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Triangle, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Lots of challenges especially when you are training new employees. The bad thing is new employees get same pay as old employees. Salary increment of 10c was given to me after 2 years. It's a great place to work if you are unqualified or u just came from high school. I wouldn't recommend for any one looking for a great career and growth to work with onepath.
Pros
Good for uneducated people
Cons
No salary increment, poor management, lack of leadership
Workplace
Systems Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 26, 2018
Onepath has expanding tremendously since the lastest aquisition. They strive to buy other MSPs and eventually go public. If you want to learn a ton and advance, its a great starting point.
People were friendly enough.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 25, 2018
depending on which department you worked, you can advance pretty quickly. It was also a kind of learn as you go environment. Managers are workplace friendly but you should limit it to just that.
Fast paced environment with lots of opportunity
Managing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 6, 2018
Onepath is a growing company that has lots to offer. Being hardware agnostic, an engineer can become familiar with many technologies and platforms. It is a great place to expand one's technical skill set.
Pros
Opportunity to get involved with many technologies
Cons
It's easy to overwork yourself
Unstable work enviornment for Field techs
Home Automation Tech (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 2, 2018
I was a home automation tech for 3 years with the company for the ATT Digital Life contract. During my time there, there was a steady stream of layoffs. This wasn't because the techs were bad in most cases, but it was because they weren't forthright in letting us know about the dwindling workload. I had to keep my metrics at peak performance to try to stay afloat with One Path. It worked for a while, but one morning I noticed I had no itenarary for the day and my boss was calling me to meet him at the yard. I was already mentally checked out from this job because I felt I was undervalued. The raises- in the 3 years I was employed there- totaled $1.03. Other companies I worked for doing similar work paid more than this and rewarded those techs who went above and beyond the standard job requirements for both customer and company. The field tech- at least on the DL contract- go unrecognized and seemingly unnoticed. I did like using the ATT vehicle provided by ATT for One Path to use, but the trade off is lower than usual wages. I will not refer anybody to the company because I don't want my name to be thrown under the bus if they get laid off. One more thing- the days off were not static days. At any moment's notice it was changed to fit Onepaths needs at the time.
Pros
Company truck to some
Cons
Changing days off, no real raises.
Productive and fun place to work with a great work and life balance
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 13, 2018
Onepath was a great company to work for with a great work and life balance. A typical day was working what was called a "dedicated shift" which meant I server as an internal IT administrator for a small client in Atlanta, other duties would include working the NOC (Network Operations Center) and troubleshooting with clients over the phone, start the escalation process or schedule to work with the client onsite if the issues could not be resolved over the phone. Also every 3 months there was a 1 week long pager shift which consisted of 24/7 support and monitoring of clients network infrastructure.
Pros
Work events, fair staff, feeling of satisfaction
Cons
Not a lot of room to move up or gain a management role within the company.
Great Internship Opportunity
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Onepath provides a great internship experience for budding software developers. The software engineering team worked cohesively, and I enjoyed chatting about on-the-job and casual news. The only hard part of the job was having to leave at the end. Great company to intern with!
It was enjoyable while it lasted
Tier 1 Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 23, 2018
It was pretty enjoyable while it lasted . Schedules were a bit conflicting. Employees did what they wanted mangers weren’t theee all the time. Work on holidays
Telecommunications Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GeorgiaNovember 19, 2017
The position was to to accommodate the transition of the State of Georgia's Telecommunications Networks both for Voice & data. At a certain point, to transition was halted, and I was let go.
Pros
Work environment, salary and compensation for travel.
Cons
Project was too short
Fun place to work and gain experience
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2017
At Onepath you're not limited to one type of job, if you're willing to try new things they will send you to different places to work and gain experience in whatever job that you are open to do
Pros
Get to travel state to state
Cons
Long drive to work
On call and fast paced
Field Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2017
Call in for a job and arrive at site to perform all task assigned. Travel to many site installing network equipment. Before leaving any site a confirmation is required for each job close out. Call to close job before it can be submitted for payout
Pros
freedom to move about upon time
Cons
issues arise that may require you to stay extended amounts of time.
Enjoyed the job
Alarm Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 7, 2017
The only issue I had with the company was that the company I worked with had to downsize and many technicians were laid off. It was no fault of the technicians. Job Security was an issue towards the end. The day to day was never the same and it was always challenging. It was a good job and very rewarding knowing what you accomplished would help with customers peace of mind, and overall home security. My direct boss always did his best for his crew which is always a good feeling.
Pros
Coworkers, pay, and benefits.
Cons
Job Security
Digital Life Project is DEAD
Technician (Former Employee) –  USAJune 2, 2017
The Digital Life project is dead and is in decline. Technicians are laid off monthly. The work load is light and is also in decline. I would not recommend applying for a position as a Home Security Technician.
Pros
Guaranteed paycheck
Cons
Lay offs
It was Great until Walmart Happened
Field Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KennesawMay 16, 2017
Its just what the title says, we were good until we lost the Walmart contract; then this company said we had job security then next thing i knew they fired 25 people including me without a probable cause.
Pros
great pay, benefits, hour lunch
Hardware
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 1, 2017
the culture at Onepath is teamwork environment. Monday - Friday is normally work schedule. we do alarm system for different varied of company. the management are awesome
Pros
great place to work
Cons
sometime lack of work to do
Good Company Just Lack of Growth
Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 20, 2017
The people that work there are nice. There is just no where to move up and you do not feel appreciated as much as you would like. Would like to see more growth and proper training.
They suck
Market Engagement (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 12, 2017
Hired to do a job and then encumbered to preform said job. And to add insult to injury they give no clear direction as the path they are trying to follow. They lay you off with out cause and then try to justify its by saying its not personal and not you......
Pros
Cons
the entire way they run the company
Onepath
Home automation and security system Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 9, 2017
Solid Company to work for. Wasn't forth coming with lack of work. Overall was treated fairly. Was hired on with the belief that the project was trending in positive directions. Was laid off only a year and a half into position. Reason given was "there was a lack of work". Job duties were to install home security and automation for Digital Life customers. Greet cx at the door go over placement of devices. Install all equipment on order. Test and give cx customer ed.
Productivity is important in the workplace.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 27, 2017
Great company to work for. A very dedicated company and takes time with its employees. Work locally from home and dedicate time to family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Onepath. Our community is ready to answer.