OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
In short. They wont hire you for management if your not white PERIOD
Sales (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 8, 2018
No management that not white. They sell phones but change often to get around laws. This is not insurance sales its phone sales. They keep raising goals to get commission while lowering commission. Non whites get routed the worst calls
Pros
Dont have to worry about calling off. They dont care enough
Cons
Sadly racist, low pay, low commission. Poor management
Fun training but strict rules
Full Time Outbound Program (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2018
The pay wasn’t great and the demands on the job was not good the managers was not very helpful but it did had some good stuff we had extra pay for selling and overtime if need be
Great if You need to get expierence
T-Mobile Customer Service Representa (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 24, 2018
Pay wasn't great but its a great place to start and gain experience.
My manager and his assistant was always there to answer my questions. Taught the skill to service the customer by utilizing the tools provided.
Pros
great management
Cons
low pay
Easy to advance but the pay is horrible.
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
Overall, OTD is a good stepping stone; however, I wouldn't advise making it your "home" for more than a year. While there are plentiful opportunities for advancement the compensation is minimal.
Pros
No competition for advancement
Cons
Poorly managed, poor reputation, low pay, etc...
Fun workspace
I NSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2018
One touch does a lot of things around holiday season to keep you motivated and excited about the holidays! Great people who make you feel like your team is one big family but management and supervisors have a hard time separating friendships from business
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay, management, system fails a lot, inconsistency
Good experience for frist time call center/ Tech Support
Tier I Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
If you are looking to get your feet in the door of call centers and/or technical support, this is a good job. No experience required. The pay is not that good, but better than $0/hr. Try not to work on the Verizon side if you don't want to deal with fights, bedbugs and roaches, drama, and all things ratchet and ghetto!
Pros
Easy job to get
Cons
Pay sucks
Means to an end
CUSTOMER SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
You can rely on One Touch to one thing and that is pay you hourly. You will get OT opportunities constantly, which is what makes the pay palatable. Also the hours are very flexible.
Corporate Trainer - Performance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2018
Since OTD has several different departments, you can transfer between departments if you apply and choose to. They are very flexible about hours as they offer many different shifts. It is a good place to work.
Very Pleasant Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2018
I was very happy working for One Touch Direct. This was one of my favorite jobs of all times. I was able to have my freedom to come to work in a stress free work environment. Our supervisors were outstanding. They were always giving a bonus and promotional incentives. If you referred anyone and they stayed you would receive $ 300.00 bonus on your check after they reach the 3 months maturity date. We had quarterly store giveaways like turkey bucks were the same as dollars. You could cash them in for prizes I purchase a brand new laptop/ ipad computer with my turkey bucks. I also was recognized as the AT and T Top Dog of all my department and was giving a $25.00 gift card, plague for my wall and 1 month parking space in the front of the building with the parking area reserved for the AT and T Top Dog.
Pros
Free lunches and prizes
Cons
Short breaks
The atmosphere was pleasant and great co-workers.
Customer Service\ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2018
Commission was good at the beginning of employment but decreased over the years to almost 90%. No opportunity to career advancement. Almost impossible to receive a pay raise.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No raises
Ok work place.
T-Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2018
The managers a very good, but they need to be a little more firm. Need to be more hands on. Other than that it is a pretty good work place and the hours and overtime is always a plus.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2018
The Job was fairly easy , i learned a lot of patience , a lot about the cell phone carrier and their operation of business. The employess were very diverse and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was escalating very angry customers who insisted on cancellation as I , the representative , wanted to offer a better more effective outcome over cancellation. i enjoyed the customers who came on unsatisfied but the call ended in them taking me for the information i provided and the help they received from me.
This place is a joke
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
I was hired and in training, on the 6th day we were told that everyone in training was being let go. We were told it was because of "low call volumes" but why even hire people you cant afford to pay?
Poor poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2018
I worked at otd for 8 years out of loyalty..I had to try to use MY pto when the calendar opened at least 2-3 months in advance, to only be told that there’s no more open time off slots, Really sure way to make you loose it because at the end of the year if you have 40+ you loose anything over the 40 all to be told yea the calendar is full 🤷🏾‍♀️ . I stayed because they are seat fillers so if you come they get paid so there very laid back in that aspect. But you must be in good with the managers and supervisors because non of them are professionals. And unfortunately with this company it is who you know. And yea if you happen to get on one of there bad side FIRED . They will look for anything. There’s no paid lunch at least in the department for shared agents. That’s the department you do multiple programs . You are tech support, customer service agent , heck you might even need to step in for the sups because they don’t know Anything. Oh and yea you can’t have your phone out and or I the building because that’s grounds for immediate termination. But yet again that depends on what sup is on duty. And last but not least no raises maybe I worked there and only got 2 raises . I accepted they mess because I needed a flexible JOB. But I will not recommend anyone to work there. They loose a lot of contracts and they cut hours . So if your banking on making a few extra coins there’s the door because you can not work over 38 hours. But salary mangers keep there pay rather they work 38 or 4 hours they gone get there coins . The poor hourly 👎🏾 .. If your trying to get work experience  more... 👍🏾 But get you your 6 months and leave. Oh and yea the supervisors or cool you can get a lot out of them . I was told I was to intellectual and I intimidate the managers and that I need to dumb myself down . Yea that part . And yet again I stayed . DONT do that . Get your experience and keep going. You will have to train yourself they don’t teach very well . And the employees are the people that will help get you by. You will have to give yourself a lot of pep talk but 6 months and that’s it . They will fire you if you get on there bad side . ✌🏾  less
Pros
Very laxed
Cons
Who you know, no moving up, no raises
Dont do it
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2018
This company is terrible to work for. The management are horrible. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you are just absolutely desperate for a job or just a sucker for punishment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management
Performance supervisor and Training specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
Working at otd has been an adventure . my time here has been pretty fun. lots of advancement . there is always fun and exciting programs going on . There are times when things .
It will get you by
National Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 28, 2018
Its a very temporary job, the pay is never constant. There is always a delay in communication between the reps and management. Every one at the office is nice and all wants to help each other, feels like its the reps and supervisors vs the company a lot of the times.
Pros
Its easy
Cons
benefits, pay, communication
productive work place,fun always fed
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2018
productive work place great management always rewarded agents for exceptional work improvement. One Touch always had great incentives for all staff for all levels of improvement especially sales.
Pros
free lunches, break time
great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2018
calls can be stressful hours not good its your whole day but the people I worked with at OneTouch are great and helpful the hardest part of the job would be dealing with some customers on the phone and the late shifts
Fun Work Place
Gen-Care Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 9, 2018
Fun work place. Very team oriented staff is very motivating to help you meet your metric goals. Company gives a good amount of breaks to allow your mind to clear for a minute then get back to work. Work place provides games and plays music to make things a fun working environment/ atmosphere.