Online Trading Academy Employee Reviews

fun and exciting day at work
Sales Marketer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
i had a wonderful day at work everything was professional there is people to help you and i love it and love working there it was an awesome job that i had yet and the salary was good
Pros
vacation days
Cons
breaks
It's a family
Corporate Finance Program Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 23, 2017
There's no mistaking this for an ordinary company. It's a family and that's whether you work in the corporate office, a franchised location or just from home. It changed the way I look at work, employers and life. I've held positions here for 8 years and left to work for myself and utilize OTA franchises as my clients.
High pressure work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 14, 2017
All I have to say is that I LOVE Online Trading Academy, I just don't care for how Online Trading Academy-Chicago is managed. They are young and really don't know how to manage a company. But OTA itself is amazing.
Pros
didnt work every day
Cons
hostic work enviroment
Very interactive since you are trading live using the schools money.
Stock trader (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 31, 2017
Online trading was a fun school. Its hands on with the instructors and the live trading experience is fun. You are connected to your instructors 24 hours a day for any concerns or questions you might have.
Pros
There was free lunched just about everyday.
Cons
Highly professional and very fullfilling place to work
Education Director (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 7, 2017
Love working for this company and with the people who work here. OTA's education is highly valuable and critical in today's economy. Everyone should look into joining this company and definitely as a student.
Pros
Education and fun
Cons
Too much free food!
Educational, fun and friendly work environment
Dallas Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 6, 2017
I would highly recommend this place to anyone seeking an education while working with a great staff. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting new people, some of whom became our students, each and every day. I built many relationships with several of them.
High energy, high performance workplace
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 1, 2017
It's not an easy place to work and function. On the administrative side of things, you'll wear too many hats to count and be under-compensated. However, you will learn to be adaptable, self efficient, quick on your feet, thick skinned and will become proficient at handling every type of personality possible. It can be worth the struggle for your development.
Pros
catered meals, inviting office, upbeat music, amazing people from all over the world to meet
Cons
horrible work/life balance, poor compensation for lower level employees, "schmoozy boozy" vibes in between higher level employees, everyone is dispensable.
The #1 financial education company in the world
Educational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2016
Great opportunity to earn a high income and learn various investment markets, stocks, forex, options, commodities and real estate.

Company paid my way to California, airfare and all expences for a week long of training. Had the opportunity to tour the world hdq and meet the staff.

Company allows employees to attend training classes for free. First class training on how to invest in the markets from instructors who are the best in the world.

Strong opportunity for advancement, if you are a go getter.
Pros
High income potential for achievers
Cons
The office I worked in (Orlando, FL) was run by unprofessionals and was closed.
make it what you want
Education Counselor/ Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 11, 2016
You will know from the beginning that multiple hats are required. I am okay with the work, but the reality is that is with any great opportunity comes serious family concerns.
Dream Job for right person
Sr. Education Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 6, 2016
loved my work, co-workers and students. We were family. I felt I was truly making a difference in people's live. The company has an amazing product that can change their students financial picture for generations to come..
Each day had a variety of tasks and we went to various locations, never got boring.
I averaged about 150k per year in gross commissions.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with constant management changes and lack of support.
The best part of my job was helping my students realize their dreams.
Pros
sales person's dream, no cold calling, warm leads, constant training, great money and wonderful people
Cons
management issues which lead to no job security, lack of consistency and support
The Leader in Trading and Investing Education
Director of Education / Presenter / Coach (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Endless opportunities for growth. Outstanding company culture and the best place to learn how to professionally trade and invest in the financial markets.
Pros
High Income
Best financial product out there
Education Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 17, 2016
Great company to work for. If you are able to put the time and work in then you will be compensated well. However, that depends on if you work for corporate or a franchise.
Very productive place to work I made very good money there
Educational Coach -Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2016
Online trading academy is a great company to work for. The culture is based on no celebrities, others first and by far has being the best place I ever worked for. The team is awesome and my superiors have great knowledge on how to make a sale from A to Z and close it successfully.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too many hours 60-80 a week
Productive place
Central Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 30, 2016
Administration work, create tents, set up computer labs, filing, adding students to Salesforce, take calls, work on social media.
I learned how to use QuickBooks.
Lack of management
great co-workers
working on Saturdays and not having any sick days off
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No insurance, short breaks, poor management, working on Saturdays
Amazing place to work
IT Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 2, 2014
Working for the Online Trading Academy has probably been one of the best experiences I've ever had. Not only are the people who you get to work with really friendly and fun but it's also place where there is always something new to learn. Upper management (including the CEO!) are very down to earth and great people and they were always there to lend a helping hand whenever I needed something.

Probably the hardest part of the job for me was keeping up with everything since I was the only desktop support guy there, however I saw it as a challenge and I couldn't ask for a better place to start my career.
Pros
Free Food, Upper Management, Coworker environment
Cons
Hours could get a little crazy sometimes
l Felt like we had a fun and provided a great environment for team work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas/DenverNovember 6, 2014
I'm currently trying to rejoin the OTA family... I was with them for five years and I miss the career I had. They stimulate a environment that encourages you to grow ad a person but also to give your best effort and great customer relationships. They provide a service that is unmatched in the Trading/Investment Industry. Who Knows maybe I will be the one to assist you with reaching your financial goals for a enriching future. I've helped over 1000's of clients in thr 5 years I was employed with Online Trading Academy. Please feel free to contact. Rod A. Rodcin2202 at g m a i l
Pros
giving specialized knowledge to those looking to handle there own finances, great team environment, offering a service that's rewarding, executives make you feel important to the company and it's vision.
A Learning Environment
Junior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 19, 2013
- A typical day at work is entering invoices and customer payments, doing the cash report, daily A/R & A/P Tasks
-Learned a lot about how to use QuickBooks
-My supervisors teach me new things everyday
-The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with people in other departments of the company
Education of stock trading.
Education Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2013
Great franchise that helps people save money as a day trader.
crew
grew (Former Employee) –  stanford kyApril 28, 2013
woring with us it makes the job a little easier . cleaning and serving the customers
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
nothing