Online Trading Academy Employee Reviews

Great Company, great training, great people.
Temporary sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 16, 2018
This is time consuming... no thanks. You got plenty of input here

Enjoyed working there. Great associates, friends, good energy, very good manager, great meals provided, awesome training!
Pros
High quality free, meals provided, 3 times daily. Great perk! Great work associates and manager.
Cons
Not a very challenging position. Phone sales.
Energetic Company
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 3, 2018
Very fast paced company, offers some room for growth depending on who and which department you work under. Would recommend this company to a friend because of the excellent benefits and vibes.
Terrible hours, ok work environment, excellent boss
Client Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Terrible hours, great people to work with mostly. Hours working are never clear, can be stressful. The people and students are great though. My boss is a great boss.
Disconnected/Operations
Operations (Current Employee) –  WorldwideNovember 28, 2017
Online Trading Academy is a wonderful company. The CEO and CFO are brilliant in this business and genuinely care for the students and also their employees. Unfortunately, the management team that reports to them doesn't ensure that the company culture is felt throughout the network. I worked in a company owned center and the direct management was awful. The sales manager came on from another industry and treats the students as if numbers are the only thing they are. The operations manager blindly makes processes and insists on things being done in her way, even though she has no experience actually doing the work and does not know what the position actually entails.

When I first came to OTA the environment was warm and welcoming and it stayed that way through several management changes. Recently the new management has created an environment of backstabbing, lies, and a general feeling when walking into the center that it is sterile and cold.

My review on OTA is that it is a fabulous company to work for and you are surrounded by motivational people and will want to do your absolute best. Be aware of the center that you are working for and that the management team actually executes the core values created by corporate. Franchise locations seem to be the best choice for this and also advancement.
Pros
Free lunch, motivating instructors
Cons
No breaks, long work hours, not recognized for hard work
The best product of any company I've worked for
Education Director (Current Employee) –  Natick, MANovember 4, 2017
OTA provides essential education today. In fact the traditional educ received by 99% of kids today is a waste of money and can be evidenced in the lack of opportunity most find waiting for them upon graduation. OTA provides a means to provide for, thrive within and enjoy a healthy life!
Pros
Essential education fro life (i.e. FREEDOM)
Cons
Work schedule is demanding
Great until you reach the ceiling
General Manager (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 4, 2017
I have loved working at OTA, it is a fast-paced ever changing sales environment. Also have to be on your toes, ready to conquer the next challenge and move forward!
Changing student's financial well-being
Education Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2017
Learning to trade and invest is lfe changing. OTA is dedicated to helping their students change their financial trajectory and reach their goals and objectives.
Pros
Allows you to help others
Cons
Large swings in commission
fun and exciting day at work
Sales Marketer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
i had a wonderful day at work everything was professional there is people to help you and i love it and love working there it was an awesome job that i had yet and the salary was good
Pros
vacation days
Cons
breaks
It's a family
Corporate Finance Program Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 23, 2017
There's no mistaking this for an ordinary company. It's a family and that's whether you work in the corporate office, a franchised location or just from home. It changed the way I look at work, employers and life. I've held positions here for 8 years and left to work for myself and utilize OTA franchises as my clients.
High pressure work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 14, 2017
All I have to say is that I LOVE Online Trading Academy, I just don't care for how Online Trading Academy-Chicago is managed. They are young and really don't know how to manage a company. But OTA itself is amazing.
Pros
didnt work every day
Cons
hostic work enviroment
Very interactive since you are trading live using the schools money.
Stock trader (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 31, 2017
Online trading was a fun school. Its hands on with the instructors and the live trading experience is fun. You are connected to your instructors 24 hours a day for any concerns or questions you might have.
Pros
There was free lunched just about everyday.
Cons
Highly professional and very fullfilling place to work
Education Director (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 7, 2017
Love working for this company and with the people who work here. OTA's education is highly valuable and critical in today's economy. Everyone should look into joining this company and definitely as a student.
Pros
Education and fun
Cons
Too much free food!
Educational, fun and friendly work environment
Dallas Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 6, 2017
I would highly recommend this place to anyone seeking an education while working with a great staff. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting new people, some of whom became our students, each and every day. I built many relationships with several of them.
High energy, high performance workplace
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 1, 2017
It's not an easy place to work and function. On the administrative side of things, you'll wear too many hats to count and be under-compensated. However, you will learn to be adaptable, self efficient, quick on your feet, thick skinned and will become proficient at handling every type of personality possible. It can be worth the struggle for your development.
Pros
catered meals, inviting office, upbeat music, amazing people from all over the world to meet
Cons
horrible work/life balance, poor compensation for lower level employees, "schmoozy boozy" vibes in between higher level employees, everyone is dispensable.
The #1 financial education company in the world
Educational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2016
Great opportunity to earn a high income and learn various investment markets, stocks, forex, options, commodities and real estate.

Company paid my way to California, airfare and all expences for a week long of training. Had the opportunity to tour the world hdq and meet the staff.

Company allows employees to attend training classes for free. First class training on how to invest in the markets from instructors who are the best in the world.

Strong opportunity for advancement, if you are a go getter.
Pros
High income potential for achievers
Cons
The office I worked in (Orlando, FL) was run by unprofessionals and was closed.
make it what you want
Education Counselor/ Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 11, 2016
You will know from the beginning that multiple hats are required. I am okay with the work, but the reality is that is with any great opportunity comes serious family concerns.
Dream Job for right person
Sr. Education Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 6, 2016
loved my work, co-workers and students. We were family. I felt I was truly making a difference in people's live. The company has an amazing product that can change their students financial picture for generations to come..
Each day had a variety of tasks and we went to various locations, never got boring.
I averaged about 150k per year in gross commissions.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with constant management changes and lack of support.
The best part of my job was helping my students realize their dreams.
Pros
sales person's dream, no cold calling, warm leads, constant training, great money and wonderful people
Cons
management issues which lead to no job security, lack of consistency and support
The Leader in Trading and Investing Education
Director of Education / Presenter / Coach (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Endless opportunities for growth. Outstanding company culture and the best place to learn how to professionally trade and invest in the financial markets.
Pros
High Income
Best financial product out there
Education Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 17, 2016
Great company to work for. If you are able to put the time and work in then you will be compensated well. However, that depends on if you work for corporate or a franchise.
Very productive place to work I made very good money there
Educational Coach -Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2016
Online trading academy is a great company to work for. The culture is based on no celebrities, others first and by far has being the best place I ever worked for. The team is awesome and my superiors have great knowledge on how to make a sale from A to Z and close it successfully.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too many hours 60-80 a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Online Trading Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Online Trading Academy Reviews by Location