Online Transport Employee Reviews

Training was great! Safety team less so.
Trucker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 23, 2018
The training program was amazing, the instructors were kind, laid back and really wanted you to succeed! I'm still in touch with my driver trainer even! Unfortunately the safety team has issues with calling people back in a timely fashion and everything on their end seems to drag.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Breaks scheduled at customer stops
It wasn't a good fit for me
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2018
I had never done accounts receivables, I did my best. I have nothing to say badly about the people they were very nice. I did go into it blinded and confused.
Pros
Great people
Cons
It was an all or nothing position
BAD company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 12, 2018
Was a very dedicated driver and they really screwed me over just because I wanted a decent piece of equipment to drive. Poor management. They don't fight for you.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, very poor equipment, no one has your back, no one knows what they are doing in the office
Worst company/ bad equipment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Corporate does not have your back at all at this company. Their equipment is the worst. Break downs daily. Need your head checked if you apply here.
Pros
Cons
Bad equipment, mechanics that know nothing about trucks, corporate and management don't have your back at all
Shady management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bedford indianaJanuary 30, 2018
Do not waste your time. You’re not respected and are disposable to these people. You would be better off on the road then having to come into a toxic work environment like this.
Worst company I ever worked for
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJanuary 17, 2018
The company is so bad and stressful that I came down with high blood pressure and found out the hard way when I failed my DOT physical and had to be off of work for 2 weeks to wait on my blood pressure to lower on the new medicine and then was fired for missing too much work in there eyes because of the high blood pressure and claimed it wasn’t there fault
Cons
They don’t care about there drivers
Wouldnt recomand knoxville shop
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 7, 2017
Worked at knoxville shop things shop manager was a drunk and very unprofessional and was a real piece of work, company came in and fired everyone said they were down sizing when they were not and all there equipment is junk, would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Cons
Management, equipment
Big company with a small company feel
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 26, 2017
I have been here for a little over 2 year since graduating school. I could not ask for a better place to start my career. I have gained a tremendous amount of experience. Strong family/team culture here and it spreads through all divisions. Things can get fast paced but I have learned that is how the industry operates!
Joke!
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 8, 2017
No one there has a backbone. Accounting/Payroll employees have no experience and illegally process payroll garnishments. Majority of the time employees are over garnished and does not receive a paycheck. As a driver its hard to make ends meet because of the company gouging us and not processing pay adjustments timely or at all.
Cons
Work for nothing
Worst place ever
Office employee (Current Employee) –  Mt. Comfort, INMay 3, 2017
Management is terrible, nobody there has any sort of backbone. No chances for advancement unless you are involved with the family. Pay is horrible and you have to ask every time you want an advance. Work is not balanced out properly. Favoritism is strong. If you don't want to be miserable, don't work here.
Don't work here.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
Horrible pay, horrible benefits, horrible management. Not enough mechanics to handle equipment. No career advancement opportunities and no recognition of seniority.
Pros
Down time
Cons
Pay and not enough mechanics
Poor equipment
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2017
Not happy with pay and to much down time pore management with loads equipment is not taken care of properly recruiting was excellent but not enough mechanics to handle equipment
Pros
Friendly drivers
Cons
Bad management
Relay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILSeptember 30, 2016
Good home time, not good communication between managers.no incentives or raises. Been with company almost 4 years no raises,or bonuses. Big company out of Georgetown KY not good to employees.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay
Laid Back; Most of the time
Parts Manager/ Admin (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 20, 2016
Laid back company for the most part, easy to get along with. Are excellent employers who care about their employees and make sure they're well taken care of.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
short breaks
Best place to work
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMarch 21, 2016
Great place to work. Management is fair and easy to work for. Benefits and pay are top notch. Co-workers are easy to work with. Highly recommend.
dedicated regional driver
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 10, 2016
I'll probably stay with this company a long time.
Been here 4 months, Was running automotive freight for toyota. Now running a dedicated account. Home every weekend. Daily pay rate for the account I'm on. I like to know where im going and what to expect. So this works for me. Always bring home $1,000+ a week. Regional pay is .44 per mile. Tractors are not the best out there. But they do maintain them pretty good. I have a older international 9400 eagle. They let me choose between 4 trucks. 2 were automatic, other smelt like one big marlboro Red. I told them my truck needed some love. They put all new Tires/brakes/oil change/ clutch brake in over the weekend. I really have no complaints yet. I do Wish I had a APU/ power converter/ refrigerator, But thats ok. Bought a 12v. electric cooler, mini 12v. Oven at a pilot since I dont have a microwave or power converter. It's no 2016 kenworth with a flat screen & Direct Tv and all the luxuries like I used to have. But I'd trade all that 2x over. I like it here. Feel right at home.
Pros
Good pay, friendly dispatchers, low stress route (for me anyways)
Cons
equipment... but Its not terrible. I like my truck.
Overall a very good place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 18, 2014
I was employed at Online Transport for 11+ years. Like all companies, they may have had a few flaws, but their positives far outweighed the negatives. They have consistant miles good benefits, and the office personnel are pleasant and knowledgable in their jobs. Most of the equipment is older but fairly well maintained. The management are easy to get along with, and provide an open door policy for their drivers. My dispatcher was a fantastic person to work with.
Pros
Steady, reliable miles.
Cons
done away with the 3rd week of vacation
Home every night.
Dedicated Driver- Auto (Current Employee) –  Georgetown,KyAugust 17, 2014
You on a Dedicated Run every day.
You work for a Automotive Factory.
Management treats you like family your are not just a number.
and you are home every night.
Cons
drivers and mechanics are good people
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Georgetown kyMay 1, 2014
One of the worst company's to work for. When being hired in will start you out at low pay and claim that after 90 days they will advise and give you a rasie, when you ask about it they say they be down to talk and never show and just blow you off, or say if you dont like it to leave. You work in a 3 bay garage with no break room, stuff scattered everywhere, stuff running off cut and spliced electric extension cords. You working outside most of the time no matter the weather. Most of the trucks have over a million miles and like to bandage them to keep them going and wont buy new trucks. Upper management dont care about there mechanic say they can hire anyone at 10 am hr to be replaced. All there worried about is cutting every coast to save them money and dont care about there employees at all.
Pros
talking with drivers and other mechanics
Cons
everything else
Got lots of miles each week and home a lot
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 16, 2014
Dispatcher is nice. I get home a lot and when I started they said I would so they have lived up to that promise. has been over a year and am getting all the miles I want each week. Management people seem nice. I had one buy me lunch at a stop one day when he saw me.
Pros
alot of drop and hook stuff.
Cons
sometimes a 2 stop load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Online Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5