Online Transport Employee Reviews

Good company to work for.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 4, 2019
I guess you have to say, you get what you give. This is definitely true at this company. My other half has been here over 3 yes as a driver. The company has had its ups and downs in management but things have finally gotten to where there's table. Our miles are very good (but you have to want them), dispatch is a little off sometimes but if you use common sense and talk with them, they are easy to work with. Benefits are about the same as other similar companies. There are small incentives throughout the year. The planners are pretty good at getting you home for things that you need to do. We have a new truck and haven't had to many problems. Breakdown is pretty quick at getting you taken care of, however, nothing happens in the blink of an eye if thats what you think. Safety is also a very good bunch of people. We could have been in trouble a couple times for minor incidents and safety has done well to take care of us. They will correct you if your wrong. They do give raises to people that actually deserve it. All I have to say is. YOU GET OUT OF IT WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT!!
Pros
Incentives, small company, friendly staff
Cons
Needs some style points on there trucks.
Managment is terrible
Office (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis,inSeptember 22, 2018
. Family owned and if your not part of the clique forget it, your an outcast. Managment isn’t knowledgeabe in the area they manage. Poor equipment and safety is not a priority.
on the road
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYSeptember 12, 2018
james, i started bringing home 615 weekly, before i left i bringing home 400 hunderd weekly, one of the last employee hire so it my a diffident to my weekly pay. be for i find a other job
Pros
no free lauch
Cons
30 min breck
Job ok, poor equipment
Driver (Former Employee) –  FranklinSeptember 11, 2018
Job was ok, dispatch was very poor and lack any skills. The money was good, just wish they’d hire dispatchers that could give you answers instead of “I don’t know”. As far as the equipment, very poor. I was trying to get it fixed, but was told it wasn’t in the budget. Once I was told that, I immediately gave my notice and told them to route me home.
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor equipment and dispatchers
Family owned
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJuly 25, 2018
Family owned business with a very clique attitude.Very poor attendance policy, poor management. The atmosphere was very tense with bullies around you everywhere.
Training was great! Safety team less so.
Trucker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 23, 2018
The training program was amazing, the instructors were kind, laid back and really wanted you to succeed! I'm still in touch with my driver trainer even! Unfortunately the safety team has issues with calling people back in a timely fashion and everything on their end seems to drag.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Breaks scheduled at customer stops
It wasn't a good fit for me
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2018
I had never done accounts receivables, I did my best. I have nothing to say badly about the people they were very nice. I did go into it blinded and confused.
Pros
Great people
Cons
It was an all or nothing position
BAD company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 12, 2018
Was a very dedicated driver and they really screwed me over just because I wanted a decent piece of equipment to drive. Poor management. They don't fight for you.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, very poor equipment, no one has your back, no one knows what they are doing in the office
Worst company/ bad equipment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Corporate does not have your back at all at this company. Their equipment is the worst. Break downs daily. Need your head checked if you apply here.
Pros
Cons
Bad equipment, mechanics that know nothing about trucks, corporate and management don't have your back at all
Shady management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bedford indianaJanuary 30, 2018
Do not waste your time. You’re not respected and are disposable to these people. You would be better off on the road then having to come into a toxic work environment like this.
Worst company I ever worked for
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJanuary 17, 2018
The company is so bad and stressful that I came down with high blood pressure and found out the hard way when I failed my DOT physical and had to be off of work for 2 weeks to wait on my blood pressure to lower on the new medicine and then was fired for missing too much work in there eyes because of the high blood pressure and claimed it wasn’t there fault
Cons
They don’t care about there drivers
Wouldnt recomand knoxville shop
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 7, 2017
Worked at knoxville shop things shop manager was a drunk and very unprofessional and was a real piece of work, company came in and fired everyone said they were down sizing when they were not and all there equipment is junk, would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Cons
Management, equipment
Big company with a small company feel
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 26, 2017
I have been here for a little over 2 year since graduating school. I could not ask for a better place to start my career. I have gained a tremendous amount of experience. Strong family/team culture here and it spreads through all divisions. Things can get fast paced but I have learned that is how the industry operates!
Joke!
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 8, 2017
No one there has a backbone. Accounting/Payroll employees have no experience and illegally process payroll garnishments. Majority of the time employees are over garnished and does not receive a paycheck. As a driver its hard to make ends meet because of the company gouging us and not processing pay adjustments timely or at all.
Cons
Work for nothing
Worst place ever
Office employee (Current Employee) –  Mt. Comfort, INMay 3, 2017
Management is terrible, nobody there has any sort of backbone. No chances for advancement unless you are involved with the family. Pay is horrible and you have to ask every time you want an advance. Work is not balanced out properly. Favoritism is strong. If you don't want to be miserable, don't work here.
Don't work here.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
Horrible pay, horrible benefits, horrible management. Not enough mechanics to handle equipment. No career advancement opportunities and no recognition of seniority.
Pros
Down time
Cons
Pay and not enough mechanics
Poor equipment
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2017
Not happy with pay and to much down time pore management with loads equipment is not taken care of properly recruiting was excellent but not enough mechanics to handle equipment
Pros
Friendly drivers
Cons
Bad management
Relay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILSeptember 30, 2016
Good home time, not good communication between managers.no incentives or raises. Been with company almost 4 years no raises,or bonuses. Big company out of Georgetown KY not good to employees.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay
Laid Back; Most of the time
Parts Manager/ Admin (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 20, 2016
Laid back company for the most part, easy to get along with. Are excellent employers who care about their employees and make sure they're well taken care of.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
short breaks
Best place to work
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMarch 21, 2016
Great place to work. Management is fair and easy to work for. Benefits and pay are top notch. Co-workers are easy to work with. Highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Online Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5