Onslow Grading & Paving Employee Reviews

Be prepared to work very hard for very little in return.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NC 28540July 30, 2017
The main focus of Onslow Grading and Paving is to make work your life and leave you time to do nothing else. The upper management and owners in the office are rarely ever hands on and never address their laborers unless asked directly. The foreman for the crew that i have worked with treats all of the workers below him like dogs and never gives praise for a good job done. You will work crazy hours in the insane heat to see a very small paycheck at the end of the week because the owners would rather buy new boats and racecars instead of giving their workers a raise to keep good workers happy. Instead, everyone worth their salt leaves to find work elsewhere because they get paid better with every other paving company in the area. I would never recommend to anyone to work at Onslow G&P because it will be a complete waste of time and energy and what life a person has left.
Pros
you get some kind of paycheck
Cons
Get ready to kill yourself for that paycheck
Great place to work, great people to work with
Loot Man (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 2, 2014
I would get to work about 15 minutes til time to go to a jobsite. I would fill up my waterbottle and get my stuff together. I was shovel man the first day on the job, then promoted to Loot man. I was taught how to make seems in the road invisible by adding asphalt, and smoothing and uneven places in the road. My co-workers were usually easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather. When we were on the outer-banks of North Carolina in the middle of winter, it could get pretty nasty. That also meant going home and no work that day, so that was no good. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Got to work outside, People were awesome, Pay was great, Benefits were wonderful, and I truly did not want to leave that job
Cons
I had to help family here in Rock Hill
great company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 1, 2013
time went quickly on job, usually fast paced
learned several new skills