OnStaff USA Employee Review

ignored, lied to, misinformed and treated badly in general
Someone attempting to be taken seriously. (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 2, 2013
I'm not even sure where to begin. I saw a posting that I was interested in but, the website wouldn't let me apply (that should have been my first clue) so, I called the office and was connected to a receptionist who was clearly having a bad day. I had several questions and all she would say is "I'll let a recruiter know" over and over and she then pretty much hung up on me. I found an alternate number and was told that my resume would be sent in to the employer and, I was then given an appointment with OnStaff for their preliminary screening. I showed up to my appointment to discover that they had double booked and that I needed paperwork that I didn't have because they never told me that I needed to bring it. They proceeded to treat me like a criminal and an idiot. I don't need a lecture on MSDS, I have OSHA training, it's in my resume. Turns out that the position had been "filled" and my resume hadn't been sent in. Suddenly, everyone was terribly concerned about every little detail that the position entailed and whether or not I could handle it despite my current job being excessivly more complicated. "It involves alot of heavy lifting" Well, shucks, I don't know anyone in an industrial power profession who has to handle heavy pieces of equiptment...Oh right, they never actually read my resume. I don't think their clients would be pleased by this lazy vetting process. The answers to my questions were all incredibly criptic and I have a feeling that if I had managed to get a job through them, I would have shown up severely unprepaired due to their inattention to detail. This  more... whole fiasco ended with them telling me that they would wait to hear back from the prospective employer and then set me up with an interview. Sure.

To top it all off, while I was waiting my turn (how do appointments work again?) I overheard one staffer tell an assistant "Oh, I didn't like her. If she calls back, just tell her that we don't have any positions available."

She says this in front of an office full of people trying to get back to work as if we were all invisible. We can hear you!

Save yourself some aggrevation and gas money and find an agency that treats job seekers like human beings. They do exist.
Pros
Free heat for two hours.
Cons
Massive egos.

Other OnStaff USA Employee Reviews

Poor
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 27, 2018
This place is a joke. They are rude and have no people skills. I was a temp going to a factory. I got hired in that factory and onstaff was rude and upset that I got hired in.
very hard to deal with
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 10, 2018
It is very hard for them to find a position to fit my needs. When there is a misunderstanding at a job site they are not real helpful helping fellow associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OnStaff USA. Our community is ready to answer.