Ontario Refrigeration Service, Inc.

Ontario Refrigeration Service, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hard to get in, but won’t want to leave.
Hard to get hired as a service technician, but once you get in you will not want to leave. How hard you go in this trade is up to you. If there is training you want, Ontario is very supportive in paying for that training for you.
Look else where
This company has no room for advancement. They only care about their own success. The president tries to create a solid culture but a select few only look at what and how it’s going to benefit them in the end. You are just another number with them. Micromanage is what they do best. Tied to their schedule and how they want you to run “your business”. Way more expensive then anyone else.
No comment
No Comment for employment with this company. I recommend looking elsewhere for employment if you want more of a long-term employment. You will do nothing but maintenance service at this company.
Service Tech
Great team to work with. When asked, they are more then willing to go the extra mile. It comes down to getting the job done and making the customer happy.
Your Full Potential Awaits......
ORSI is a place where opportunity is based on the drive and wings of the individual. When one is part of the Ontario Team, support and lift is here to encourage individuals to reach full potential. I can see clearly the CEO understands that individuals all have certain strengths. He has lead his team with the mentality to sharpen these strengths and place the individual in a position backed by these strengths. This in turn enhances the overall growth for the individual and the company. I look back and not only see my growth within the company but all those that have marched forward in the Ontario Dream. If you understand what great soil can do, then you understand the potential of Maximized Growth. Myself and my family appreciate the opportunity and possibilities that are here for the pickings.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
A refreshingly supportive company environment
I am a new employee with the company for 3 months in the service coordinator position. I am enjoying the work and feel supported by my entire team. We work hard and there are daily challenges, but we manage to get the job done and have a fun office environment to keep each other going.

I know that summer is here and that the workload will be increasing. But I feel that my service managers, operations coordinator, fellow service coordinator, service technicians and administrative assistant have all set me up for success in the months to come. This team works!
I am for real.
Let me just start with Ontario Refrigeration Inc. is the best company I've ever worked for. I've been in the HVAC industry as service technician for over 24 years. A typical work day varies from servicing package units to chillers and refrigeration. It's a great place to learn and improve your skills as we work on small to very large tonnage HVAC equipment. The pay and benefits are very competitive. 401K is second to none in our industry. They match 30% of what we put in the 401K program. Yes, for those who are skeptics, I've had issues with management. They have an open door policy here, You can bring up your concerns or issues with the manager, VP and even the owner without ever having to fear of losing your job. I love it here.
Not just another mechanical HVAC company
-Typical day at work is 1-3 calls depending on size.
-This company is the most technical company I have worked for they have real understanding of the equipment they work on.

-Management is good they just want honesty and hard work.

-Workplace culture is good just ask questions jump in and don’t sit idle.

-Hardest part of the job can be just having off days but that’s every company

-Best part of the job is compensation and benefits if you work hard they recognize it pay accordingly.
Great company, great benefits
Thus far this has been a great job. People seem to be happy to work here and my manager has been very understanding and empathetic. I’ve enjoyed my time at ORS.
Working for Ontario Refrigeration changed my life, we are very busy year round. We are supplied with work van, Tools, and uniforms.
Benefits are great and 401k is even better. Really recommend anybody to join are team.
Job for life!
A typical day for me is: getting organized for the day ahead. Communicating with the customers and making sure the technicians work safely.

What have I learned: Billing, auditing, patience, multitasking, working with the technicians and coordinating work load. this is just to mention a few things.

Management: Very supportive and willing to train and provide mentor ship when needed.

Work Place Culture: We always have fun, although things can get very hectic we try and joke :). The work day always seem to go faster when we joke a little. Employee lunches always seem to lift moral as well.

The hardest part of the job: Balancing the tasks at hand.

The best part of the job: camaraderie, loyalty, job security, great coworkers, Company / family outings which includes company pick nicks and Christmas party's. and fishing trips.
Commitment to excellence
They took me in with no experience. They’ve always make sure I can do whatever the task may be before sending me on my own. Got a company vehicle, they wash my uniforms. Got a vaucher of 160 to buy boots. Company provided tools. Can’t say nothing bad about Ontario.
Why I work for Ontario Refrigeration.
This is a great company to work for, they have a fair and honest approach to business.
Ontario Refrigeration is a growing company with many opportunities. If you want to grow in the HVAC industry, this is the place.
New adventures
A typical day at ORSI is filled with new adventures and challenges. The company gives you the ability to solve the problem at hand on your own, but gives you a lifeline if you need it. They will not let you hang out to dry.
Wonderful place to work
Ontario Refrigeration is a good and fair company. They value their employees and their families. Your hard work is noticed and rewarded. It's a fast paced environment, which isn't for everyone. I've worked here for 15 years and still look forward to going to work every morning.
Company with excellent ethics
Been working for Ontario for a few years. This place has definitely brought out the best in me. I’m going to retire here and try to make Ontario the best company out there when it comes to employment and service. Hopefully you try us out.
It’s a great place to work. I really like the people I work with. Everyone here is willing to work with you as long as you have a good work ethic and the ability to follow directions.
Work hard, play hard, have fun.
I have been enjoyed a long 20 year career here at Ontario Refrigeration, and it is truly a great environment to thrive and be successful. I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a family style culture to work in, this is a great company.
Highly recommended!!!
I have worked for Ontario Refrigeration twice in my career and I plan on retiring with the company. Ontario Refrigeration gives you every opportunity to succeed and truly cares about each individual. The 401K plan is light years beyond any other company I have worked for and it shows how dedicated ownership is to each employees future.
Just a fun place to work. Everyday is just repairing HVAC equipment. The more work the better! Always supported when it comes to time off and work schedules. Hardest part of the job would most likely be the overtime.
Ontario Refrigeration
Great place to begin and complete your career as a HVAC professional.
An organization that cares about its employees as well as its customers.

An industry leader to be sure.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ontario Refrigeration Service, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4