Ontic

Ontic Management reviews

Featured review
Ontic selected this as a representative review
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Ontic is a great place to work if you are looking for a chance to grow an develop yourself. The training definitely is more OJT and there is a sink or swim mentality. But as long as you are willing to put the work in, you will be given chance to succeed. The company also has a really great culture with great people. I wouldn't say its the type of place for the faint of hear. I started working here as a contractor and was hired on full time after 10 months. Worked in my role for another 12 months before I was promoted to a manager role. They have great work life balance for a Aerospace Manufacturer. The benefits aren't the best though. If anything that is where I would say the company could improve.
Pros
Work Life balance, Great culture, Great opportunity for advancement
Cons
Benefits, Parking
A company that suffers from some badly appointed managers.
I worked here for many years and the place is bad for anyone’s mental health. Management are reluctant to promote any form of progression unless you happen to be their friend. Good workers are overlooked and rarely noticed. Departments hold onto their staff even when they have no work to do. The environment seems to thrive on small isolated groups that don’t communicate well with other groups.
Some of the managers handle stress badly and at times show aggression.
stay away
whatever you do, stay away .
they don't care. they do anything.
disconnect between shop and offices

no hr

no leader

no goals

just push, push

lots of politics

SMTs have 2 faces
Room for improvement.
A poorly run operation. A very political organization, if your face fits you will do fine otherwise look somewhere else as you will be a scapegoat for all the problems there. Lots of turmoil.
Pros
Cons
No worklife balance. Totally disorganized.
Company offered anual bonus; overtime required; stressful to make bonus goals
Expected to perform your duties at minimal mistakes
Expected to adhere to company policies

Safety is top priority

Co-workers are wonderful

Most enjoyable part of the job is the personal satisfaction; recognition by your peers and management.
Pros
Annual Bonus up to 12%
Cons
Can be stressful to perform your duties
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Aerospace, new projects always coming
Review Footprints system and reviewed work orders to be delegated to techs and walk-through of facility, ensuring equipment was up and running ready for the team to start their work. Ontic allowed me to gain alot of experience and knowledge by sending to a professional development career training college where I got certified in Project Management, Supply Specialist, W omens Leader ship, business writing and many other training to include First Aid Training. The work place culture was good, we had a lot of employee recognition such as Birthday bagels, team luncheon meetings, off site company gatherings. The hardest part of the job was that it was always so busy and a lot of over time was available, which made it hard to have a work life balance but over all it was good. I really enjoyed the opportunity for growth that was encouraged.
Pros
Lunch meetings, Stand up meeting, freedom to express ones self
Cons
Hard to maintain a work life balance
Productive a lot of overtime.
very low work life balance a lot of overtime every day every month. management to take employee input or ideas very well. no growth opportunities available first choice goes to outside person.
Difficult and somewhat rewarding
While a difficult environment and industry to work in this place can be rewarding and fun. Management has its challenges and makes some questionable decisions. Turn over is high.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ontic?
Small job shop environment wearing different hats.
Work day in office performing administrative duties to support Operations, Procurement and Quality.

Work day on the road, 'cold calling' prospective customers and visiting existing customer with follow up support, building relationships and seeking out new business opportunities.

Coming from a corporate environment, it was interesting to learning how small businesses operate and what struggles and challenging they deal with on a daily basis.

Management consisted of a single owner/president of the company.

My co-workers Quality and shop floor managers.

Harding part of the job was developing new customers

The most enjoyable part of job was establishing new customers.
Pros
Invaluable experience learing sales and how small businesses survive.
Cons
Marginal medical benefits and 401K at the time.