OnTrac Employee Reviews

Competitive workplace
AM Operation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 28, 2018
Liked the job and was advancing quickly. Maybe too quickly. The work was easy and I learned each stage of my advancement quickly. The culture however was one of competition and made it hard to truly trust the guy next to you. Management seemed to act the same as well.
Pros
the work and benefits
Cons
employees
Liars and scrooges
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2018
They don't give you enough work to keep your wage descent, but expect you to sit and wait for orders all day long on your own expence. Do not cover anything - your car, your gas, your car insurance, your business and cargo insurance, and everything else.
They promise a good route with descent pay - lie. Nobody gives a da*n on what's going on around. They treat you like cr*p, but expect you to respect their clients. They keep losing clients because of absolute incompetent management. Absolutely no benefits - you're on your own. All the problems are your problems.
Stay away form the company. At least Omaha/Carter Lake location.
Pros
Cons
everything else
good starting point
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CASeptember 2, 2018
I worked for Ontrac for about 8 months. Its a great company to introduce you to the warehouse/delivery industry. While i was there i could not ask for a better managing staff who worked wit me with the outside things of life going on, very understanding and accommodating. I truly enjoyed seeing my co-workers everyday. I left per the fact that there is really no room for opportunity to advance with in the company. even if you apply for positions in other facilities you are qualified for. so the room for advancement in my opinion only happens with in the facility you work in, so if there is no where to go you stay in the same spot with no raises either. Great people, relaxed work environment sometimes a little to relaxed. Its a great place to start.
Pros
relaxing environment, good people to work with, always get your 40
Cons
health benefits, shifts, poor company policies, no growth
Hope you dont have a life bend/redmond ontrac
Driver (Former Employee) –  Redmond, OROctober 22, 2018
This job is for a single person with no life, they offer no benefits and from nov till january u cant take any time off becuase its peak season. You stand around waiting on 2 trucks 1st one shows up around 10 30 maybe and the 2nd shows up whenever it wants so one or two, and they expect every package to be done everyday when we are a skeleton crew driving in the snow. And when you dont get the job done that night you wake up and finish and go back in to do it all over again. They make you drive your own car and pay for your own gas and on top of that they take 10 percent off the top of everyday you work and some fees for your scanner and their payroll all adding up to about 250 to 300 a check. To top it all off they changed peoples pay without telling them. Thats where the line is drawn, ontrac might be a good place to work in another location but not the bend redmond location i wasted 2 years driving for them for them to change my pay and make promises that didnt ever happen.
Pros
Being on your own schedule
Cons
No benefits, no paid time off, poor managment, long hours, sink or swin mentality no training
Worst job ever
PM Sorter/former lead (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 13, 2018
I loved my job... But they made my life miserable.. They have their favorites that are the only ones that achieve advancement. They treat you like slaves and talk very rudely cursing at you. I worked there 2 years until I couldn't take it anymore... Would never wish that on anybody.
Benefits
Cons
Very poor cutthroat management
Great people , not great hours
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 31, 2018
It’s a good place to work only because of the people . The management is ok , but sometimes they expect one certain person to work more than the other
Pros
Raise every 6 months
Cons
Favoritism
Call Center Work
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 2, 2018
Their training is complex and make sure you understand the quality of work expected from you. Time on the phones can be draining. They are happy to promote from within so there is a lot of growth potential.

The culture all depends on the team leader you have, the more engaged the leader the more fun they try to create. Management is very approachable and you are encouraged to go to them for any needs.
Pros
there is free beverages and some food
Cons
pay is low, days are long and draining
Fast paced, much to learn, and a rewarding experience
Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 31, 2018
Typical day consists of fast paced hard work. Some can find the exercise to be enjoyable Some don't but in the end it is a good work out. I learned a lot about how hard work pays off, how keeping your head down and just getting things done can send you farther than just trying to mosey through the day. Management can be a little hard to find but it is there. hardest part of the job would have to be the daily grind on your body from the exercise, your days off are mainly reserved for rest to recuperate, and the most enjoyable part of the job is looking back and realizing how much work got done.
Management is Stupid
Sort Temp (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 1, 2018
It's a manager that fired me. I liked him but that nig fired me for being late. So, I am going to get him fired. Payback. Whatever.

I really liked the job. It was very difficult at first standing on the lines 1 and 2. But overall, I would work there again.
Pros
Cons
Management sucks
Stressful
PM Sorter (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 28, 2018
Work long hours for low pay is not fun. Management is always demanding and favoritism is not cool as well as not helping people who work there. I don’t receive enough money to make it in the world
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Favoritism

Want to know more about OnTrac?

Ask a question
nice
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2018
great place to work good people the benefits were good i really enjoyed working for this company def would recommend to friends an family.could def make a career
Hardest working people I have met
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 13, 2018
It takes a motivated individual to work the hours OnTrac has set. My time there was shirt and sweet. I viewed management as excellent due to the fact that the manager faced challenges every day and overcame them in an efficient manner. I tip my hat to him for his hard work. I like to call the people that work these hours the grinders because not everybody can work that early, that hard day in and day out. I do think that OnTrac is selling itself short by not paying their employees more. It is a simple job but the circumstances outweigh that.
Pros
Hardworking people
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced and different every day
Special Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 27, 2018
You have to have a certain level pride for customer service to work this job and not let it stress you out. People get very impatient when it comes to their packages and its your job to help them find solutions when things are lost or missing. I worked in the special accounts department and was in charge of monitoring packages for high volume accounts. However with so many switches in management, department polices and people leaving their positions the special accounts group now had to do both the work they are designated and that of those who worked in the mass customer service. All in all I do miss my job with Ontrac, however that may be because I got lucky and the group I worked with were a great bunch of people.
Pros
Occasional lunches for the staff
Cons
point system for sick days, monitored bathroom breaks
It's a workout, literally
sorter/ scanner (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 26, 2018
It's a very fast- paced environment. Extra pressure from leads and managers to be even faster than you already are. You are constantly sorting heavy boxes or bags full of boxes in a very fast paced so you're sweating like crazy. A lot of people lost their jobs by the smallest mistakes.
Pros
great management
Cons
easily get fired for the smallest mistakes
Hard work
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
You work very hard with very little recognition. Breaks and lunches are not given as required. Management does not help you with advancement opportunies.
Workplace environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working here but was only assigned here for a short while for seasonal help. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the atmosphere. Some days we were sent home early and other days we had to stay late. The management was very friendly and did a good job to make everything go as easy and smoothly as possible.
Pros
Hours worked good if you were a student or needed a 2nd job
Great working environment
AM Sorter (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2018
Great place to work but it's only part time which great, and sometime times part time is not enough, but is a great place to work and great people and I have learned a lot.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no benefits
Terrible experience
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 30, 2018
All the hustle and the work is not worth the pay, yes you do get a raise every 6 months but you slowly start to realize that its not really worth it at all.
joke
AM Preload Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 16, 2018
unorganized, long hours, micro manager. always understaffed and could not get people due to low pay and no benefits for part time crew. place was dirty, never cleaned in order to save money
Understaffed and Overworked
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 22, 2018
As a part-time package handler, the job was terrible. They basically hired people and just threw them into the warehouse with no information.

As an example, when I first got the job, I had never worked at a warehouse job before. They never gave me gloves (I was told I had to wear one by a coworker), told me where the break room was, or how long and how many breaks there were.

They also put one new guy into the busiest truck. There were so many packages on the conveyer belt that some fell off.

Only work here temporarily to find a better job elsewhere. Otherwise, avoid it completely. You'll be burned out by the packages coming in and struggling to keep up.
Pros
Water provided, Coworkers are cool, One break
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work done, Too many packages coming in, Break time is too short (15 minutes), Very exhausting job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OnTrac. Our community is ready to answer.