Onward Technologies Inc. Employee Reviews

If you want to just do what ever you want to do, this is for you
Systems Admin / Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
There is no management structure in place. The RMM tool used was not working (not picking up failed drives, Exchange databases offline, etc.) so always had to explain to client why nothing was picked up and was always asked "what are we paying for".

If you are a smoker (dope), you will fit in with rest of staff as they are always going outside to hit the pipe.

There is no accountability in what is done within the ticketing system.

No room for growth professionally. You will be stuck in a rut doing the same thing over and over.
Pros
No idea where you are at so can work anywhere
Cons
No management
Work here if you to go nowhere and low pay
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2018
If you want low pay and lots of work then work here. The boss lied to me about many things, and was not man enough to talk to me face to face. Theres no advancement in this company and many people left because of low pay. The ownership isnt great, and only cares about making money.
Pros
its in down town
Cons
Read above
If you need a job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INApril 1, 2017
Onwards not that great of a job the pay suck and no benefits and more then Likely your not getting hired in, not saying they don't hire in but i know people that have been there for years and still temps.
Typical day
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2015
Terrible work environment. Incredibly inappropriate workplace conversations and experiences. There was a spectacular level of foul language, racist, sexist and other inappropriate methods of talk. Felt uncomfortable with the conversation most of the time.
Team member
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 15, 2014
Directed network infrastructure projects to optimize performance and ensure client satisfaction. Interfaced with team members and client stakeholders to facilitate all phases of project life cycles
Product Engineer
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farmington HillsFebruary 16, 2014
Currently working as Project engineer and onsite coordinator in the design team involved in the new product design and development. Client is a leading Interior design and building Parts, company based in United State of America. Job involves design of Car Interior, which includes design and development of Body side part and Ergonomics study of all components body side associated parts from concept design to the finished Parts using CATIA V5 software.
Working as a team member in Design as project Engineer of 'Nissan Altima' Passenger Car.
Employee-friendly environment with opportunity for professional growth and development
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2013
I performed the duties of my position with Onward remotely, and stayed in contact with co-workers and clients through email and telephone. Over my 6+ years of employment with Onward, and as the first and only person in the company to hold my specific position, I have taken the lead on expanding my duties and responsibilities while earning job title promotions and salary increases twice over the course of my career. Management works in collaboration with employees to optimize productivity and encourage a team-oriented atmosphere. The success of this approach was reflected in our clients' positive feedback and continued business. My co-workers each have a unique area of expertise, and we all work cooperatively to share information and ideas among our team, and execute tasks and projects effectively. The most difficult part of my employment with Onward has been the lack of face-to-face interaction with my co-workers and clients. I have most enjoyed the benefits of a job from home while it was conducive to our lifestyle. I now look forward to the opportunity to expand my experience to a work environment where I can interact in person with my supervisor/s and co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, ability to work from different locations, health insurance, company cell phone and compensation for wireless internet at home
Cons
Lack of personal interaction, lack of variety in job in recent years
be unemployed rather working here
Pg (Former Employee) –  GlobalApril 9, 2013
family run business not good for professionals
be unemployed rather working here
Onward was a good place to work
field service technician (Former Employee) –  chicago,Illinois, 60601March 6, 2012
Small company to work for> I believe Onward is still growing, management and personnel was pleasant to work for, good working environment.
Pros
very laid back atmosphere
Cons
no cons