Onward Employee Reviews

People were good there
Paint Tech (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INOctober 3, 2018
I loved my job there. I loved the people i worked with. Got my ex a job there after me being there for so long and we had issues and he need up sleeping with my boss which ened up costing me my job. I would go back to Onward now that shes no longer there. It's not always fast pasted there but can be at times. I loved training other painters and loved being the paint Tech
Pros
2 10 min breaks an 1 25 min break.
Cons
takes forever to be hired in
typical day was stressful
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNMay 14, 2018
The hardest part of this job was trying to maintain your job. It was a seasinal factory job. People were laid of on most fridays. You werent hired on fours years and sometimes not even then
Scholarship Program
Student (Current Employee) –  Denverton, CANovember 1, 2017
This scholarship program is granted to 14 students and I currently am a scholarship holder. I Strive to maintain my scholarship and help out the program as much as I can.
Poor Culture
CNC Operator, Brake Press, Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INMay 28, 2017
Everyone there hated working there. Not a single person enjoyed their time there. People who had worked there for years would advice you to get out as soon as possible. It was extremely hostile as everyone wanted to protect their own spots and would betray your trust in a heart beat. Supervisors repeatedly broke rules. Supervisor would give you a 30-minute orientation and then have no positions available for you for several days because no one there was capable of training you, unless you were an attractive female, then he would give a full 8 hour orientation. Absolutely awful atmosphere and poor culture. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Work was fast pace but very relaxed, production area was extremely clean
Cons
Horrible attitudes, bad atmosphere, questionable management
I like them
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2016
They placed me a job in Denver right away and if I was able to leave and go anywhere I would stick with them but I want to stay in Denver. They worked hard but couldn't get me a nursing job in Denver. So now I am looking for permanent jobs.
Great company to work for
HSE Project Lead and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Excellent people, great company, good leaders. The hardest part is being away from home for 6 months of the year. Very easy to work for. I have really enjoyed the experience and have learned a lot.
Easy, but hot place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INDecember 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be to show up within 10 min of your shift, and wait for the meeting to begin, so the production day could begin.
I learned that the paint line had a hard time keeping up with the assembly line. The management there was awesome. The co-workers where as well awesome, and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the race track, and the most enjoyable part was the sweating/ weight loss.
Pros
Working on the assembley line was fast paced, but easy.
Cons
The water container had some funk in it...
fun and friendly environment
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJSeptember 10, 2013
overall it was an excellent company.Answer signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine patients' needs
Bathe, dress, and undress patients
Serve and collect food trays and feed patients requiring help
Transport patients, using wheelchair or wheeled cart, or assist patients to walk.
Drape patients for examinations and treatments, and remain with patients, performing such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
Turn and reposition bedfast patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
Change bed linens, runs errands, direct visitors, and answers telephone.
Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
Clean, sterilize, store, prepare, and issue dressing packs, treatment trays, and other supplies.
Enjoyed working on hands on learning with students
Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elementary SchoolJune 1, 2013
The Afterschool ONWARD! program is designed to be a hands on learning experience for young elementary school aged children. The program provides some funding for materials and is licensed so families can apply for subsidy to help support financial family needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is instructing the students on a new skill.
Pros
life long skill building
Cons
Not enough time to complete projects
Out-of-the-Box Positive Forward Thinking Company
Consultant/Coach (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2012
The most unique consulting company I've ever encountered whose main goal is to insure everyone's success utilizing positive reinforcement techniques.

Typical day was interviewing and coaching oilfield drilling rig workers and coordinating with management teams.

My co-workers were approachable, team-oriented, and determined to succeed.

Hardest part of my job was to take the lead in coordinating difficult situations involving strong personalities and solving complex problems.
Pros
co-workers team spirit.
Cons
limited time to accomplish goals.