Open Arms Health Care, LLC

Open Arms Health Care, LLC Employee Reviews

United States28 reviews

Open Arms Health Care, LLC insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Small company, nice people to work for. Good pay and benefits.

Open Arms Healthcare is a small company which makes it easier for everyone to communicate and help each other with issues. Management is very helpful in making sure you have everything you need and helping with any issues that may arise. The benefits are good too. I plan to stay working in this company for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Helpful managers, good pay and benefits, room for advancement, multiple shifts open to work, Overtime available

Cons

Lack of staff( Like everywhere else right now)

The Pay is the Best Thing

I wouldn’t recommend this job for anyone. It was the worst experience I have had in this job field in the last 20 years. Very rude and demeaning when questioned

Pros

Pay

Don't do it

Horrible place to work. They don't care about employees at all. You'll get attacked and they won't care. You'll get in trouble for the smallest of things. People have just walked out due to the management being terrible. The pay is not worth the bulls**t you have to put up with. Just dont do it.

Pros

Plenty of overtime (people keep quitting)

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, ignored by management, micromanaged by management, too much to tell honestly

Caring

It was a pleasure to work for Open Arms Healthcare. They offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid sick time, vacation and bereavement leave. They provide 401k's with a company match! We received Christmas bonuses. Although I lived close I thought it was awesome they pay mileage to employees that live further from work to help them get there, and even booked multiple hotel rooms for employees to stay in when it snowed! I can't say enough about their staff. Everyone is amazing. Thank You!

January 25, 2021
Thank you for the positive review and we're glad you enjoyed your employment with the company!

They really care!

They went out of there way to accommodate me personally and gave out nice Christmas bonuses. I received a card and phone call when my loved one passed and that meant a lot to me. It is clear that the company is always trying to make the employee's happy so we can do our jobs. They booked hotel rooms for people when it snowed. This is a great and caring company to work for!

Pros

Insurance, bonuses, mileage, OT holidays

Cons

Family oriented company that cares about employees.

Since starting at open arms over a year ago I have enjoyed the time I've worked here. Its a family oriented company that genuinely cares about their employees. They offer a number of benefits that were not available at previous employers. (Time and a half of holidays, health insurance, holiday bonuses) Management works around my schedule.

Pros

Holiday bonus

Fun working environment

I absolutely love this company. They help with any issues you have at the house. They show you every thing you need to know before putting you into any house. They work with your availability. I love this company

Bad place to work

Bad company to work for. They don’t know what they’re doing. Everyone hates it that works there. They suck at communication. Everything is wrong with this company

January 19, 2021
Open Arms Health Care (OAHC) will always cherish and value constructive feedback from our valued employees in a continued effort to grow and learn, but unfortunately this is not that. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

Terrible Company To Work For

Open Arms is one of the worst companies to work for. They’re disrespectful towards their staff. They treat the hard working employees poorly and the workers that constantly call off better. They promise you that they grow from within upon hire, yet they hire new people for supervisor/admin positions. They’ll randomly move you from the house you’re working at and have a problem with it if you’re not willing to do so. They are terrible with communication to staff or better yet, other admin. They’re always texting you after your shift ends/day off about open shifts or other work related issues (if you don’t answer they call you) when they have ample opportunity to email you or send a message on the scheduling app that you could look at later. They also have ample opportunity to put the open shift on the scheduling app but would rather contact employees directly after their scheduled shifts. If you’re looking for a career working here isn’t the best option for you.

January 19, 2021
Open Arms Health Care's (OAHC) mission statement is as follows; fostering an environment of extraordinary care and clinical excellence, that delivers the highest quality services to our care recipients, the utmost level of comfort to family members, and an encouraging and safe workplace for our employees. This is OAHC's mission because our clients and their families, our employees and their families, as well as the community are our utmost priority. We have promoted several employees from within and will proudly continue to do so as the agency grows. We invest in our employees by offering paid sick/vacation/bereavement time, pay 7 holidays at time and a half, providing health/dental/vision/life insurance for our employees and their families, paying signing bonuses and ensuring that they have a wonderful holiday with Christmas bonuses and a great year with annual raises and attendance bonuses to name just a few. OAHC is a cutting-edge company that prides itself in maintaining an open-door policy, at all times, with our employees, providing the highest quality of care to its individuals, and has always maintained a 100% compliance rating when it comes to annual state requirements, something that we take very seriously and is truly a team effort! It is unfortunate that your experience was not the best and we are never too proud to learn and grow from the feedback of our valued employees. We would have appreciated the opportunity to have a critical discussion, while you were employed, in hopes to be able to address your frustrations, and it is unfortunate that did not occur. -

Home Health care Aide

I was offered a job with a chance to actually get paid for taking care of my mom, which I was already doing so it worked out perfectly for me with added benefits.

Always trying to do the best for client's and employees!

OAHC is always trying to help the employees. They paid Hazard Pay, money for lunch, and gave everyone a Hero's Bonus to help through COVID-19. They also just gave everyone raises!! I have health, dental, vision, and life insurance through the company and I really love my job! The houses for the client's are really nice and kept well and the client's seem happy in their homes. I hope the company gets 401 K's soon so I can stay with them for a very long time! Scheduling is done online now too, so it is really easy to submit vacations if I need to!

January 18, 2021
Thank you for the great review! We are glad to have you on our growing and dynamic team.

Love it here

I absolutely believe this is the best company out there. They strongly care for there clients and go above and beyond for there staff. They are there day in and out for us and are just amazing. I’m going on a year of being here and will never quit!!!

August 11, 2020
Thanks for the great review! We are glad you are enjoying your time at OAHC. Keep up the great work!

Good Company To Work For

OAHC is a great company to wok for. It is a small company where they recognize you as a person and understand sometimes things come up in life where you have to prioritize. It is petty easy to find a coworker to take over a shift for you in emergency situations. Pay is somewhat competitive, but for the job is pretty good. There is always OT available if someone wants to make a little extra. There is always someone in admin available to hear concerns, or to help walk you through different situations. I would recommend working for OAHC.

No clue what your asking ne

This company micro manage you. They will work you merciless and they have no compassion if you have an emergency and need to call off. This company is all about them. They have the overnight staff do clock ins every hour with your fingerprint. It used to be every 30 mins

Pros

Clients

Cons

Administration

July 9, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Open Arms Health Care (OAHC) is always here to support all of our employees as well as client's. OAHC prides itself in giving our employees a consistent and dependable work schedule as well as the ability to work overtime, at time and a half pay, if they so desire. If for some reason you are feeling overwhelmed with work you have the ability to take a vacation if needed, and it will be paid based on your eligibility. We value each and every one of our employees with the utmost regard as they are the people that allow our client's to have a bright and independent life! We are always available for you to reach to discuss any concerns you may be having, and we hope that you will reach out so we can work to make your employment experience a happy and fulfilling one!

Don’t work here

They don’t care about their workers at all and are only concerned with themselves. They are extremely rude when an emergency comes up and if you have a serious issue with one of your patients they don’t do anything to try to help

Pros and Cons

Largely based on, "shift" work, OAHC usually has difficulty staffing shifts with PTs. They do not take a lot of person issues into consideration, but they are extremely open to listen to your needs and will accommodate from time to time. I don't miss being called at 2:00am to come in at 8:00am when I worked 13 days in row! If you need a job, this is a great starting place. If you need a profession, it is not. loving the office life l

Nice people. Competitive wage/benefits. Owners/management who will help

Open Arms is a big enough company to offer full time work with competitive wages and benefits, but small enough that you can talk to management and owners and expect to resolve your issue. It's not always perfect, but if you want to work, they will try to work with you. Nice people

The owners are very involved and care for the employees and clients and very nice if there’s an issue they get it taken care of they work with u ok your schedule and your availability they are super friendly and a great place to work room for advancement and growth all around a great place to work

OAHC is a great company to work for. The owners are amazing people. They are flexible with scheduling. They offer vacation time, health insurance, life insurance, overtime, holiday pay, and so much more. Also the clients we work with are the best. Working for OAHC has been a great opportunity for me.

A great place to work for!

OAHC is an amazing company to work for. In just under a year they have opened up 3 group homes, have provided healthcare benefits, life insurance, implemented a very competive pay rate/raise structure and have expanded their office to allow for hands on training classes. If you're looking for a positive change then Open Arms Healthcare is the company for you!

Current Employee

I've been working for Open Arms healthcare for almost 4 years. The office staff is very friendly and professional. They provide a flexible work schedule to accommodate your life. They provide great training both in office and via training videos that you can do in the comfort of your home. Weekly pay, time and a half holiday pay, grievance pay, and paid sick days. Only con is that there isn't really any growth opportunities within the company and they just started raises. Overall excellent company to work for!

Common questions about Open Arms Health Care, LLC

Answered by current and former employees at Open Arms Health Care, LLC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Open Arms Health Care, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Open Arms Health Care, LLC