OPEN DOOR FAMILY MEDICAL CENTERS, INC. Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Good experience working at open door . Pros and cons at the workplace.
OB/GYN, pediatrics, reception (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NY 10573June 12, 2018
Working at open door has helped me expand my experience in working for different departments . However, I wasn’t really satisfied with the recognition of our work that some of us employees would get and the commute was too far . I want something closer to home . I absolutely love working in my department , some of the staff, and most importantly my patients however I’m ready to expand my experience in my medical profession as a medical assistant.
Pros
Flexible hours, gaining experience in different departments
Cons
Health care, bonus, salary, tuition
fast paced environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYMarch 20, 2018
In order to work at Open Door you must be able to multitask, be friendly and very helpful to the patients. you have to make sure you scan and check the insurances for all departments.
love open door
Social Worker/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYFebruary 12, 2018
I love the Open Door. I am only looking on Indeed for more work. I have worked here many years and hope to continue until my retirment great place great
I will recommend Open Door
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYNovember 4, 2017
I enjoy working at Open Door is family oriented. At Open Door the main goal is to provide medical and dental service to low income families. The mangers cares about their employee.
Poor working
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYOctober 25, 2017
I got the position, no training, no one was around. No one wanted to help. Boss was always out, some people were nasty. It was non-profit organization, and did many good things for the children in the community.
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
stressful situations
productive and fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYOctober 4, 2017
I interned here and had to constantly switch Units. Some Units were harder than the others but each different one showed me different things. some units were real easy going and some were harder and more stressful.
Pros
I learned new things
Cons
short breaks
Productive place, fast pace and friendly
Medical Assisting (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYSeptember 30, 2017
I only did my internship there but I would have liked to receive a job here after my internship.. it was a A very family based place to work at. I’m enjoyed doing my interniship ther I learned a lot
Pros
Very educational place
Cons
It’s too far
Excellent clínic
Volunteer in all departments (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYSeptember 1, 2017
This place was amazing. The name of the clinic is Open Door which meant doors were never close to the public. They were not just a medical practice it was more like a home. They helped minorities specially homeless.
Pros
Execellent staff
Cons
It was volunteer and had to leave
Odfmc
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYAugust 16, 2017
Working with ODFMC has been like breath of fresh air. The staff overall is very friendly and supportive. The compensation and benefits are fair. If you enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team, this is a job for you.
Pros
Great and supportive staff.
Cons
Benefits and compensation could improve.
Internship
Internship Work (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJune 28, 2017
Can't really say much I was just did an internship, and what I observed I really didn't like. The medical personal was racist and refuse to help Spanish speaking customers.
Fast pace friendly work environment
Patient Care Technician/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Fast pace patient oriented work environment. Friendly co-workers professional administrators. Team work is number in this company as well as professionalism and punctuality. Open door is more like a family than a team they are very supportive and understanding.
Pros
friendly, safe, professional
Productive and engaging
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  portchester nyJuly 16, 2015
everyday was a new experience as you started your day you could be placed in a different unit, such as dental, pediatrics, gynecology, general medicine, optometry etc. Allowing to be involved in any unit and associate with your patients was always a great experience. In my case i am bilingual and most of my patients were spanish speaking so it was a great help to deal with my patients.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Practicum (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYMarch 15, 2015
Internship Training
Our class learned the daily functions of all departments in a hospital setting.

- Adult Medicine
- Wound care
- x-rays
Productive and educative experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYJanuary 12, 2015
It is a well organized facility with friendly staff willing to help the person in need.
Its a good working environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYMarch 26, 2014
Still Fairly new here so far its been ok. I've learned how to work with patients and how to use medical terms to help me communicate with medical providers
Productive and rewarding work place.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMarch 5, 2014
Excellent place to start your career, I learned a lot from working in a coomunity based health center and the experience there is rearding.
Very productive and studious place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMarch 4, 2014
A typical day at work consist of answering the phones, scanning, faxing and lots of patient interactions.
I process multiple medical release forms daily and scan documents into patients chart using the EMR system.
My co-workers are very energetic and great to work with, we create a comfortable atmosphere which is appealing and appropriate for our patients.
There is nothing that is too hard about this job, we work together to deliver the best customer service and care to our patients.
Overall I enjoy working as a medical assistant.
Fun and very professional
Patient Care Technician/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Very professional environment, does everything possible to ensure the patient care excellent.
Great Place to Work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYFebruary 8, 2014
Enjoy working with patients and maintaining close relationships with co-works.
Open Door is a very productive place to work in.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYDecember 28, 2013
I work in the family practice clinic, where I am fortunate to be able to see patients from all walks of life. I work with patients from the time they walk in the door through their appointments and any procedures all the way to the time they leave. Before patients arrive, I check the computer to see if they need lab work, x-rays or immunizations. I collect accurate vital signs. I also retrieve outside records. Most of all I need to be a good listener and help meet the needs of our patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OPEN DOOR FAMILY MEDICAL CENTERS, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

OPEN DOOR FAMILY MEDICAL CENTERS, INC. Reviews by Location