Open Mortgage, LLC Employee Reviews

Horrible Company
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 15, 2019
If you don’t like being a teachers pet you won’t go far! Hated the company morality and my supervisor with a passion she talked about everyone. Not much room for advancement, once a mistake was made you were treated unfair and made fun of to others.
Local management poor at best.
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXJune 5, 2019
Local manager egomaniac with no employee relations skills. Expects employees to work 60 hours per week with 40 hours paid and no benefits. Does not provide company standard pay or PTO.
Don't work here and don't send them your loans
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  AustinMay 2, 2019
I was not with this company for very long but learned a lot about the culture of the company very quickly. There was no proper training but I was expected to know everything and was yelled at if I was not sure about doing a task. We were told overtime was no longer allowed but were expected to clock out at 5 and continue to work. I had a DEATH in the family and had to take a day off for the funeral and my boss made a huge deal about it. When complaining to HR about the hostile environment or the overtime they were no help at all! Just brushed me off and made it seem like it was my fault. I've never worked for such a terrible company before with such terrible people. I was sent a very ugly text message from my manager after quitting it was very unprofessional. I do not recommend working for this company or sending them your business. If you have a life or married with kids and plans for vacation, this is not a good place to work.
Find a different mortgage company to work for!
Processing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2019
I dedicated over a decade of my life to this company. However, when I had a complaint of harassment or discrimination I was brushed off, not only by my manager, but by human resources as well. I pride myself on honesty and integrity and hard work. Those are not just hallow words to me. None of those traits are appreciated, respected, or encouraged at this company. The very sad part is, I fit so well into this company's culture; however, I could not, in good conscious, remain at this company. I was one of the most liked and "popular" people at this company. However, I could not tolerate watching the company continued to allow the less popular (those lower on the food chain in the company), those employees who work hard but received no pay raises, no compassion, no training, no support, all while excluding them from the company's culture. I am ashamed and embarrassed to admit, for eighteen months I was apart of a handful of employees at this company who reaped the benefits from this company while they treated the majority of their employees so poorly that I left the company because they refused to mend their discriminating ways.
Pros
can work remotely, good benefits (but expensive to the employee)
Cons
company discriminates, senior management only cares about their paychecks, while their worker bees sacrifice so much to get so little from this company
0 Stars stay away
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2019
Open Mortgage is a company full of uneducated managers who are never available to their employees. The office atmosphere is hostile, at best. The employees are so unprofessional and talk badly about everyone. The company is outsourcing jobs to India to save a buck and firing local employees that work hard for them. The HR department is an absolute joke. They speak about confiditial information to other employees without consent. This company has been sued countless times for a reason. STAY AWAY. This company is going down fast. Do not send loans to them.
Pros
Cons
Management expects you to work off the clock, hostile work environment, unstable upper management
Remote closing position
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2019
Open Mortgage allowed me to work remotely which was a very positive thing for myself and my family however the management was lacking greatly and staffing was a joke. The company itself was great and was a pleasure to work for
Teamwork
Remote Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2019
Teamwork was great to make home ownership possible. Great ability and tools to do the job with access to Management. Everyone friendly and willing to help to get workload done so that vacation or time off could be taken without worry.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No 401k
Great Support from Staff at Corporate
Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 3, 2018
We receive the best processing and support from underwriting that I've experienced as an LO.
The processors will work until what we need done is done, and never quit on your loans.
Pros
Great underwriting, accessible for questions
Cons
Cant think of any other than would sure like a 401K
Open Mortgage have good people but they need communication skills for every single employee
Loan Officer Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dripping Springs, TXNovember 27, 2018
Open mortgage has great people, but their communication is the worst. They have people that want and have the ability to reaslly make a difference for their production, but they don't really care. I wish they could shoot straight, make deciisions quickly and precisely and stop letting other people take advantage of this could be an great company, excelling at all levels. But they don't listen or don't care.
Pros
I know some of them personally, good people
Cons
communication is horrible, take too long to make decisions, remote workers are lazy
Best Place I ever worked
Senior Loan Officer/ Reverse Mortgages (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Awesome company to work for. Open mortgage gives the loan officer every opportunity to advance themselves. The support staff is excellent and management is strong.
na
MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 30, 2018
It was a good company. Typical day at work started @ 9 and ended by 6. Worked on mortgages due out for that specific day. there isnt much more to say
Opportunity available
OFFICE MANAGER & ASSISTANT TO BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA 93003August 2, 2018
The opportunity is available to grow at the company once you receive your NMLS. I was laid off prior to receiving mine. I would recommend the company if you connect with the proper branch.
Pros
Opportunity to succeed
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive & Relaxed
Lending Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2018
A typical work day consisted of getting work done in order to accomplish department goals. I have learned how to communicate with differnent departments within the company and getting documents into our office on-time by communicating with counties and title companies. My manager was very laid back but challenging at the same time in order to help me organzie my priorities to get documents shipped in time for our investors. The work culture of Open Mortgage consisted of fellowship and creative when it came to networking events. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to socialize with employee inside and outside of the office and sharing our lives with the others in the company.
Pros
Paid Time off
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2018
Open Mortgage is a great company to work for. The people are helpful and everyone does their best to help you succeed. There are monthly celebrations for birthdays, etc. Senior management is approachable. The location is almost in Dripping Springs. The Belterra shopping center is opening which will bring lots of good restaurants closer to the headquarters.
Open Mortgage
Closer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2018
Open is a great place to work. The people are caring and open and welcoming always and are always willing and able to help. they are a very great company
It was an ok place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIFebruary 8, 2018
The company really didn't offer any training. All you earn is off the commission of sales. There were no leads for you to go off, so you were basically cold calling and mailing of lists to get jobs/ commission.
Closer- Funder
Closer-Funder (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I was hired as a Closer-Funder. Very poor training. Management out of touch and not supportive. Little to no help and chaos. Long hours not documented.
Pros
You might work from home
Cons
Enjoyed challenges to get the work completed.
Administrative Assistant/ Loan Officer/Processor (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXJuly 12, 2017
I did not have any mortgage experience but was taught by the best. Something new everyday. Enjoyed working with customers in a laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Enjoyed the co-workers, manager, customers
Cons
Open Mortgage is full of opportunities.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2017
Open Mortgage prides itself on "where better is possible". Working for Open Mortgage gives you the opportunity to make an impact both personally and professionally. I come to work everyday with the drive to solve the issues at hand and have a fun time doing so. I get to be creative in my position and most of all make a difference in peoples lives. Management is outstanding here at Open Mortgage. Everyone works hard to accomplish their jobs, but also to help others achieve their goals. I have learned that "service" is the key foundation in a successful and enjoyable place of work. As long as everyone is motivated by helping people, helping the company, and serving selflessly, then the result is a happy company.
Pros
Family Oriented, Advancement, Limitless Opportunities.
Cons
Healthcare is a little expensive, but who's isn't?
horrible place to work
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2017
The company takes very long to pay you your paycheck. They with hold money that you have earned then don't tell you why or their explanation doesn't make sense. The office staff is like there moody all the time, weird. Horrible work conditions. I worked on Reverse mortgages and had to deal with a very unhappy boss lady.
Pros
not sure
Cons
Horrible place to work, they don't pay you on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Open Mortgage, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.