Open Sky Community Services Employee Reviews

Very difficult job without sufficient trainings
ACCS Staff (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MASeptember 5, 2019
The agency itself is new as 2 major companies merged to form Open Sky. Since that time 7/1/18, few of the bugs have been worked out and the executive leadership team comes off as not supportive or understanding to the struggles of the direct care staff.
Great company to work for.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  West Brookfield, MAAugust 22, 2019
Great work environment. Pleased with staff and how the individuals are treated and are being maintained. Pleased with overall work experience.
Great management
Open Sky really cares about the individuals served!
Director Of Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 24, 2019
Open Sky really cares about the individuals they serve. I am grateful for the eight years I had with the company, and all the individuals and employees that influenced my life during that time. Open Sky just went through a very difficult merger between Alternatives Unlimited and the Bridge of Central Ma., so the company's identity, processes, policies, and culture are still forming. With the help of the tremendously skilled team I surrounded myself with, we were able to put strong, innovative, scalable technology infrastructures in place that will serve Open Sky for years to come.

This company has high standards and expectations, and has positioned itself well for large scale growth within the new value based systems.

I am excited for this companies future and the impact they will have on the individuals served!
Since merge awful
noyb (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 22, 2019
Prior to and since merger awful CEO thinks he's fantastic but really isn't; disconnected with rest of agency. Quick to judge based on initial appearances only
Demanding
Day Program Coordinator/Overnight Awake Counselor (Current Employee) –  Southbridge, MAJuly 18, 2019
Very demanding job managers do not support staff. They will work you 70hrs a wk and fire you when you need time off. HR is rude and racist after company merger.
Conclusion
Peer Outreach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01602May 21, 2019
Never, never, never, never, never, never, never, again! Get the picture!? I was not facilitated at my level of intelligence. The management left me to the curb and I was greater than happy, ever!
Pros
Cons
Life threatening
I love going to work
Shared Living / AFC (Current Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAMarch 21, 2019
I've worked in several different positions in the agency and have gained valuable experience. There is plenty of room for growth if, of course, you work for it. Working in Human Services can be tough but it's also rewarding and I'm proud to be part of this organization
Pros
Flexibility, Support and room for growth
Dont waste your time
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 14, 2019
This was possibly the worst company I ever worked for. If you get in the main office or a good group home that has a good manager that might be good. However most of the upper managers dont care. My group home had roaches living in the microwaves and stoves and the company did nothing to fix it. They just told us as employees to bring less inside. Horrible work environment. Don't waste your time you will be underpaid and treated badly by most.
Pros
No uniform
Cons
No breaks. Bad pay. Toxic work place.
Teamwork atmosphere
Outreach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 21, 2019
The day would usually consist of reviewing notes from the previous shift as well as notes on the consumers. Constant communication with the managers and working in a collaborative atmosphere with fellow staff and families. Workplace culture was team friendly and resources were available to assist staff and consumers.
Pros
Teamwork and interaction with families
Cons
Salary was less or equal to standard of living cost
Company offers advancement in your career
Clinician (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 21, 2018
Been with the company for over 6 years.. it has allowed me to grow my career and my managers have always been understanding and supportive... they have a high turn over rate depending with hourly staff which can be stressful.. it is a rewarding company as you get to help others learn and grow as individuals...
Fun place to work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Winchendon, MADecember 7, 2018
I enjoy working at this job very much. It is a fun place to work and the individuals are good people. The staff are nice as well and it is a great team environment.
Toxic enviorment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2018
Open Sky is most un organize place to work. Every staff comes and work as they pleased. They do not follow protocols and managements do not care about their clients. Staff are mean you would literally feel you are in high school too much drama. They do discriminate. Turn over is very high. Unprofessional staff, it was not hard to deal with Client but it is very hard to deal staff.
Pros
Tranings
Cons
No support from management, If you report an incident they dont follow up. Poor pay, No growth
Its unorganized and disrespectful to their employees.
Resident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 17, 2018
Many of the employees stay in same position for long time as there aren't advancement opportunities for everyone. You may have to stay over your time because no one shows up to work. Supervisor seem only interested in writing you up for dumb stuff but are not around otherwise. People who live at houses are super needy and can be violent at times.
it was fine i guess
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  West Boylston, MAOctober 16, 2018
they’re trainings are awesome and very interesting. management is good. i don’t like working with my house staff they’re mean. trainings and time with the individuals are my favorite things.
Pros
fun relaxed atleast at my house
Cons
staff relations
The Bridge of Central MA
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 26, 2018
Overall, my experience with the Bridge was excellent. They have historically been a company that is willing to get people in the door and help them advance their careers. There is often room to grow with positions however this can impact commutes as programs may be spread out. I gained a lot of management experience and skills with the company which was mainly due to excellent supervisors I had. The Bridge also prides itself on having experienced administrative staff many of whom started as direct care staff and worked their way up. Worklife balance was always a difficulty with consistent vacancies and low relief coverage however this is also part of the field of mental health.
Excellent program but too many individuals who sit around and do nothing
Supported Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 15, 2018
great team really care about individuals served THe program was in
an old building that was shabby and institututional furniture. Not a whole lot of activities, and limited community involvement
Pros
individuals served, trainings
Cons
relief doesnt always come
The Bridge is very compassionate and a great, happy and involved place to work!
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 15, 2018
I Love The Bridge! Most people are great to talk too when you need and understanding! Every event is fun and the food is culturally yummy! Which is why when I left one house I stayed in the agency!
High quality caring organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 12, 2018
The Bridge delivers great services because they are so committed to evidence-based services. Training is outstanding and there are many opportunities for advancement. It's a great place to learn and grow and work.
Pros
Training, advancement opportunities, quality
Cons
Can be stressful work.
it is not as good as it appears at first
House Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 31, 2018
although at first it seams as though the companie is positive and proactive after just a short time it was clear that they do not stand behind their employees and do not train in actual moments of client staff interaction. several managers have open substance abuse issues and employes with clean records are pushed out.
Fantastic place to work.
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 11, 2018
I was there for a short time, however when I worked at the Bridge, my training's that were offered to me, MAP training, Clinical training as well were so fulfilling to my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Open Sky Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.