opendoor

opendoor Employee Reviews

opendoor insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Great bunch of people to work with

At OpenDoor there’s a friendly network of support. Even the customers I’ve encountered, have expressed their satisfaction with OpenDoor, and that’s inspiring. Although my position is described as “part time seasonal”, I’m glad to have encountered this great group of people, and thus far enjoy what I’m doing for them.

Pros

Always seeing something new, feeling as though experience and knowledge constantly contribute to the company’s success

Cons

With hourly pay, plus per mile reimbursement for personal vehicle use, rising fuel costs can and do impact earnings, but the return made when driving at interstate speeds, makes up for any stop and go city traffic.

Being a tour assistant is fun and easy for starter agents.

Being an experienced agent becoming a tour assistant with Opendoor was fun and easy. You literally just show homes to buyers. You are able to set your own schedule and make as much or less money as you want. It does slow down periodically so it’s good to add this as a part time if you need to supplement income. Also if you live in a big city you may want to consider gas prices as well because you will have to drive a lot.

Pros

The ability to make up to $50 and hour.

Cons

Sometimes touring jobs slow down.

Flexibility is great. Pay is fair. Overall a good place to work

The best part of being a Tour Assistant with Opendoor is the flexibility to set your own hours. Basically, you do not have to accept a tour if you do not want it. This position is great if you enjoy meeting new people. The pay is fair for the work, but you're not going to get rich from it. I enjoy it, we'll see if it leads to opportunities for advancement.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

lack of benefits

Fun an flexible!

Very flexible schedule! Allows you to work however much you want. Appointments are provided. Easy computer system to learn. You look up information about the homes you show and set appointments for you and customers. You gain entry into homes. Most customers are very nice.

Pros

Incredible flexibility

Cons

Gas prices are high at this time. You must travel to appointments.

Fun place

I loved working here everything is fun and people are very kind. Attending phone calls and scheduling appointments was my favorite part. Greeting people is always something good as wells

Pros

Get togethers

Cons

Favoritism

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Ok if you have no other use for your RE License

Good as a gig, if maybe you only want to work part time or have another full time job. Availabilities to work are inconsistent and there is basically no opportunity for a tour assistant to move up in the company.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

inconsistent, very little communication with management or opportunity for promotion

Pretty Good

Opendoor is a pretty good place to work. I've enjoyed it. We have a huge opportunity to disrupt the real estate market. I think long term this will a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at opendoor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at opendoor.
Powered byComparably