OpenTable

OpenTable Employee Reviews

Featured review
OpenTable selected this as a representative review
Best job I’ve ever had! The culture and people I work with are amazing. Everyone is very positive, we really work together as a team. . .
In short, this company micromanages their customer service representatives at the highest level with no regard for their mental health or well being. Opportunity for advancement? None. Pay incentives? Nope. Paid time off? Not a thing. If you do not conform to their "culture", you are ostracized and marked for lack of performance. It does not matter if you have excellent customer satisfaction ratings or the highest efficiency rates--if you do not conform to their rigid requirements, you are admonished. A bunch of millennials trying to run a tech company with slim to none interpersonal or relational skills. The software is also a train wreck and you can expect this company to crash and burn along with many other failed startups. Choose wisely and know your worth.
Pros
Interesting people, decent pay for entry level work
Cons
Micromanagement, low pay, minimal incentives, poor management, software issues, high turnover rate
Turned out managers weren't really there based upon qualifications or experience, but rather just seniority and having been in company for while. So when existing manager left, someone else was found and promoted into that role, regardless if they actually had experience as manager.
The experience was a great one. The management truly did have the associates in mind this past year with how they handled the pandemic. Overall I would still recommend this place to anyone who would like to apply.
Pros
Great snacks when in office. Can enjoy a beer from the tap in the office while working.
Cons
hard to get time off. Toxic positivity.
Wonderful people and great company culture. The only downside is that there was limited growth opportunity and as a sales rep it was challenging at times because the market is so saturated with restaurants that are already on OpenTable.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Limited career growth opportunities
Workplace culture is very toxic. Management treats us like children. An awkward, uncomfortable "family" vibe, FORCED by management. Co-workers are very young and immature, which is great for the management since they like to baby us. You can fail at your job and just use an excuse like you're lonely and they baby you and let you do what you want. However, if you actually work hard you are frowned upon if you don't have the culture they want.
Pros
work from home, pay
Cons
co-workers, culture and management
I worked for the company for close to two years. I was let go bc of the pandemic. Overall, I loved the company and what they offered their employess.
Definitely not your average call center. They treat their employees far better than most call centers would with great benefits plenty of PTO and competitive pay. However trying to get a promotion is overall a popularity contest. Very highschool feel and often understaffed.
Pros
Free food, can work from home occasionally
Cons
Very clique-like
It's not a horrible place, but it is a call center and you will feel that stress from time to time. The opportunities for advancement are pretty limited to sales or management.
I absolutely love working at Opentable. There are plenty of snacks, team meetings weekly with happy hour. Beer on tap. Fun culture Managers help you succeed.
Great coworkers will make you want to stay forever. Also some decent snacks in the offices if that's something that interests you. Everything else, not so much.
The people at OpenTable are all very open minded and there's a company culture there that's unmatched. People are friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is figuring out what to eat for lunch at the office location. The management and work environment make it very easy for anyone to come in and do their job successfully.
It's a call center but they make it like its something bigger. To many one on ones not enough promotions which makes no since. People drink in the office while they are on the phone i dont think thats right. To many clicks in the office everyone wants to be friends before getting the job done. I have seen very unprofessional behavior from agents and leadership like a frat house.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
Felt like everyone was really fake and pretending to support you in the beginning. They also want you to only chat and ask for help in the virtual chat room and when you ask for help in real life they act like you are dumb and don’t help you at all. Let me work from home if you don’t want me to ask my “manger” for help.
Company is fun and flexible to work. People are nice and helpful. Management is flexible and understanding. There is IT in the workplace and they are always helpful.
Fantastic work culture. Everyone takes care of you like family. Very much a feedback culture. The focus is on what can you learn from your mistake instead of being punitive. Just don't continue to make the same mistake.
If it was possible to give 2.5 stars, that's what it would deserve. A fair amount of office politics and meetings; not the worst place ever, but somewhat stuffy and plenty of meetings. No shortage of gatekeepers and local fiefdoms in the development department, which makes advancement difficult and getting things done equally so.
It was amasing to contact with such high professional colleaques. This company gave me the greatest and the most valueble experience ever. Started as scrum master I became a coach with the help of the CEO
Pros
free gym
Cons
Was an amazing experience with people who knew how to learn and teach. Was mentored by great people in different markets. Met a great bunch of operators through my travels
I learned so much in my position. The best office I have ever worked in.the benefits were great and on top of that the office was a supportive place. Would definitely recommend.
Pros
Pros: They have an awesome kitchen, with snacks. The office is open concept. 1:1 meetings every other week. Great location downtown. Beautiful views from the office. The work isn't too difficult to understand or be trained on. Great work/life balance, and flexibility. Mostly great pay. Cons: Some managers are very micro-managing. There's not enough work to do. NO room for advancement unless you're the class favorite. Favoritism is major here, which is a total bummer. If you don't fit the "culture" and clicky mindset, you won't last long. Even if you are class favorite, it's still difficult to grow within the company. Not a lot of clarity between managers and rest of office. They do a lot of "we're going to do this" and then they don't. Not always clear direction. Seems to be a lot of animosity since Kayak merged.
  1. Employee Reviews