OpenTable

OpenTable Employee Reviews

United States47 reviews
Fun place to work
I absolutely love working at Opentable. There are plenty of snacks, team meetings weekly with happy hour. Beer on tap. Fun culture Managers help you succeed.
Alright place to work
It's not a horrible place, but it is a call center and you will feel that stress from time to time. The opportunities for advancement are pretty limited to sales or management.
Great People
Great coworkers will make you want to stay forever. Also some decent snacks in the offices if that's something that interests you. Everything else, not so much.
Open minded people and great environment to work in!
The people at OpenTable are all very open minded and there's a company culture there that's unmatched. People are friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is figuring out what to eat for lunch at the office location. The management and work environment make it very easy for anyone to come in and do their job successfully.
Not many positive things to say bout it
It's a call center but they make it like its something bigger. To many one on ones not enough promotions which makes no since. People drink in the office while they are on the phone i dont think thats right. To many clicks in the office everyone wants to be friends before getting the job done. I have seen very unprofessional behavior from agents and leadership like a frat house.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It’s fine if you know the right people.
Felt like everyone was really fake and pretending to support you in the beginning. They also want you to only chat and ask for help in the virtual chat room and when you ask for help in real life they act like you are dumb and don’t help you at all. Let me work from home if you don’t want me to ask my “manger” for help.
Fun place to work
Company is fun and flexible to work. People are nice and helpful. Management is flexible and understanding. There is IT in the workplace and they are always helpful.
Feedback culture
Fantastic work culture. Everyone takes care of you like family. Very much a feedback culture. The focus is on what can you learn from your mistake instead of being punitive. Just don't continue to make the same mistake.
Not as bad as some, but fairly stratified
If it was possible to give 2.5 stars, that's what it would deserve. A fair amount of office politics and meetings; not the worst place ever, but somewhat stuffy and plenty of meetings. No shortage of gatekeepers and local fiefdoms in the development department, which makes advancement difficult and getting things done equally so.
Love it!
Best job I’ve ever had! The culture and people I work with are amazing. Everyone is very positive, we really work together as a team. . .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OpenTable?
great place to start
It was amasing to contact with such high professional colleaques. This company gave me the greatest and the most valueble experience ever. Started as scrum master I became a coach with the help of the CEO
Pros
free gym
Excellent work environment
Was an amazing experience with people who knew how to learn and teach. Was mentored by great people in different markets. Met a great bunch of operators through my travels
Great place to grow
I learned so much in my position. The best office I have ever worked in.the benefits were great and on top of that the office was a supportive place. Would definitely recommend.
Just okay, not great
Pros: They have an awesome kitchen, with snacks. The office is open concept. 1:1 meetings every other week. Great location downtown. Beautiful views from the office. The work isn't too difficult to understand or be trained on. Great work/life balance, and flexibility. Mostly great pay.

Cons: Some managers are very micro-managing. There's not enough work to do. NO room for advancement unless you're the class favorite. Favoritism is major here, which is a total bummer. If you don't fit the "culture" and clicky mindset, you won't last long. Even if you are class favorite, it's still difficult to grow within the company. Not a lot of clarity between managers and rest of office. They do a lot of "we're going to do this" and then they don't. Not always clear direction. Seems to be a lot of animosity since Kayak merged.
Productive and lively place!
OpenTable is a company that is changing, with their recent merger with Kayak, they are looking to the future and they are very interested in the next step and what it would hold for them in the long term. All in all, I loved working for OpenTable, the culture and people were amazing. I was sorry to leave when I did.
Fun place to work
I love working at OpenTable. Currently a contact employee, I simply do not think that any roles offered suit my skill set. Getting larger and more corporate is disappointing.
Account Executive
I loved working there. I loved building relationships with restaurants owners and managers all over Texas, Oklahoma and San Francisco. The culture was inviting, giving, progressive and fair. Wonderful company and a wonderful product.
OpenTable is a great place to work
I had several amazing years with this company and can say nothing bad about the place. Amazing benefits, amazing coworkers, amazing leadership, amazing culture. I am so fortunate for my time there.
Able to experience advanced desktop support
The work from home environment really helped me since I am not able to relocate.I was able to learn lots of advanced technical support / desktop support work.
Not a bad gig
Overall it just was a wonderful job. The one reason for my departure is geared toward it leaning more toward a technical rep job as opposed to customer service rep. There is definitely both sides to it but it had a little bit heavier troubleshooting focus. Not a bad thing, it just wasn’t a long term option for me personally. I loved my trainer, leadership, coworkers & supervisors. Solid group of people.
Pros
Break area, Food, Culture etc
Cons
Not many to list but short training period could have been stretched to get acquainted better
Wonderful place to volunteer
I volunteered on thursday nights for several weeks in a row, and it was really wonderful. My job was to help take people's bags to their cars, but it always ended up being more than that. I always got to know people and have lovely conversations.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenTable. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at OpenTable.