OpenText Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
OpenText was an amazing company
Cloud Operations Capacity and Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2018
I regrettably left for another opportunity, huge mistake. OpenText was a large Company with a small company feel. It was welcomed to walk into the SVPs office and have a conversation. There was a synergy at OpenText, each team worked a a relay and not a silo.
Pros
Work remotely, healthcare
Wonderful workspace
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Excellent skils and managed many things, gained knowledge working with different tools , well about workspace it is very cool place and interactive with people , the typical day would be issues and dealing with those errors.
Getting to be a large organization
Product Specialist (Customer Support) (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 5, 2018
It's not the small, nimble software company it was when I first started, but that being said, it's a good solid place to work and I believe strongly in the value of the core products.
not a great place to work
Order Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 25, 2018
The pay is too low compared to the actual job responsibility. There is a real lack of organization and continuity for projects. My direct manager was incompetent and lacked any real leadership ability.
Mostly upbeat, but little opportunity to advance
Software Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2018
Opentext in Tucson is devoted entirely to their RightFax product. They work using an Agile Scrum project development model. A typical day at work begins with a 10 minute stand up. The rest of the day is devoted to developing new features for RightFax releases and/or maintenance of existing code (bug fixing). Except for the fact that raises are extremely rare, as a matter of company policy, (Opentext is a multinational corporation), it's a fun environment.
Pros
casual clothing, agile development, snacks
Cons
glass ceiling, no opportunity for increase in pay
Office Admin
Office Manager, Executive Sales Admin-home based (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 7, 2018
Days at Open Text were fantastic. I learned a great deal of information that I was able to apply to various aspects of my daily life currently. I highly recommend them.
field not well supported technically
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 7, 2018
to large of a span of geographic responsibility in SLED with to few field technical resources to support effort. Additionally, middle and upper management have little interest in supporting this market segment successfully.
picking and cutting grape clusters cratting and loading.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAJuly 2, 2018
I have just open a resume and have no work experience working for the winery. But I would like take a opportunity in the winery industry. I am hard working and have a enteres in working in grape field .And with people have that kind of exerpience.
Pros
take pride in a job well done and able to follow orders and instruction.
Cons
ditractions with loud noises
Opentext
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
My boss was awesome, but they are sending jobs to Manilla, basically clearing outr the office in Alpharetta. People that are leaving are not being replaced
Entry-level sales
Account Development Lead (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 24, 2018
Initially my work was to qualify and triage inbound requests. Soon my responsibilities shifted to include outbound call campaigns, property management, and event planning.
Work/Life balance was good.
Senior Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMay 11, 2018
Work and Life balance was nice. You had the freedom to do your job, but also take care of home life as needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people who I interacted with on a daily basis.
Pros
Work/Life balance was good.
Cons
Medical benefits are awful
Growing technology space
Director of Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
OpenText is in a growing market with opportunities to lead in technology offerings. Most enjoyable was the talented people and customer advocates who use the products for running their business.
Pros
Wellness reimbursements
Cons
Personal life balance
Fun to work for
Subject Matter Engineer (SME) - SME (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2018
meetings in the morning with team and later with customers. although the job is very challenging, it is fun and source of education for not only Documentum but for many other products
Stepping Stone
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2018
A very large portion of their software product portfolio is made up of a legacy software package that yield only maintenance. As such, management is exceedingly reluctant to grow the product organically.
It is safer for the mid-level managers to only maintain the current product base with the fewest number of developers, support, and infrastructure.
Pros
A healthy four week vacation.
Cons
Stagnant pay
System Administrator - Remote (Current Employee) –  Brook Park, OHApril 20, 2018
Great place to work and co workers are very helpful. I do believe though there's favoritism on advancement in positions. Besides that the work day flys by and always something to do or learn. Best place I have ever worked at!
Pros
Great support, Plenty of work
Cons
Favoritism on Advancement
Fast paced environment and a constant learning environment.
Telecom Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJApril 1, 2018
Company is a very good place to work. Provides potential for advancement, also excellent benefits. Is a fast paced environment and can be challenging but keeps one up to date in the technological world. Also allows one to remotely if necessary.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Work load can be overwhelming at times.
Great Pay. No Future
NOC Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brook Park, OHMarch 29, 2018
I accepted the position at Opentext because of the great location (relative to my place of residence), the generous salary, and what was at least initially a great group of coworkers. However, as time wore on it became increasingly obvious that our department's future was in question and that we were struggling to stay relevant. This issue was compounded by very perplexing management decisions from all levels of the organization. Employees were often asked for feedback, but this feedback was almost universally ignored. Eventually, tensions within the department increased, causing visibly reduced morale, multiple employee exits, and a revolving door of new hires.I have decided it is time to make my exit as well.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
Poor management company-wide, Demoralized staff
The benefits are decent but sometimes seems to be a holding company
Software Developer, Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 22, 2018
Once our company was acquired, they haven't given much attention to us and haven't been working on selling our product. I haven't worked an engagement on our product since we were acquired.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
very cheap when it comes to travel etc.
Productive and nice atmosphere
QA Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2018
All necessary to perform your activity is provided. Wonderful installations and opportunity to grow, Fabulous management to help creating a nice working atmosphere.
Pros
Great vacation plans
Cons
Working is like working with family
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 12, 2018
Great place to work to learn, and increase technical skills. Coworkers are always working together to find new and innovative methods of working with the product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenText. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

76out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at OpenText.

Powered by Comparably