OpenText
67Average

OpenText Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA15 reviews
Good Opportunity for Advancement from within or aquisition
Long days and endless mergers and acquisitions make employees fearful that they will be next to be let go. A constant shift of responsibilities, increasing responsibilities without pay increase. Hard for managers to reward hard work with pay increases.
Lots of travel opportunities for management. Good Team environment. Employees form close bonds with each other
Pros
travel, advancement, training, personal and professional growth, great health care, leaders care about their employees
Cons
long hours, working night, weekends and holidays, lots of meetings, no work life balance
Constant acquisitions and reorgs
OpenText constantly acquires other businesses which results in excessive people in the same role. There is no job security and while you are employed, expect to work very long hours and 7 days a week.
Great company for potential of more growth
It was great experience working at Open Text given the chance to try the position I did not have previous experience. I was able to learn and quite new skills.
Pros
Quiet work environment & good benefit
Cons
No much own corporate culture or unique characters
field not well supported technically
to large of a span of geographic responsibility in SLED with to few field technical resources to support effort. Additionally, middle and upper management have little interest in supporting this market segment successfully.
Excellent work enviroment
OTPSS is a government contractor focused on content and records management software as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Open Text Corporation. I was president for 5 years and had overall responsibility for its operation and growth.
OpenText has a Fitness Center for employees.
I worked at OpenText as a contractor therefore I received no benefits. The environment was quiet and you be able to get your job done quickly. My seating cubical was in the Sales Department and I very much enjoyed their decoration for each of the seasons.
Pros
Free Breakfast last Thursday of every month.
Cons
I received 2 of 15 minutes breaks
Suitable work environment
As a contractor it was a nice place to work. Wished the contract would have been extended. Took a cut in pay for the opportunity but it was fine with me.
Pros
Nice Project Manager
Cons
short contract
Great Place to Work
Flexible hours, understanding management when it comes to work/life balance, quite a few events held in appreciate of employees, option to work from home....just a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay's not too good
run
the worst company culture I have ever experienced in north america, run and don't ever look back. The layoffs are constant and the depression is real.
Progressive environment diverse work force and good team building events
I was a contract for OPENTEXT and a lot of the staff still treated us (the contractors) as a part of the team. They have a lot of team building events after work hours that allow you to meet and mingle with the staff. The hardest part about the job was the intense investigative work looking for contracts and translating them if in a different language and converting the money to align contracts with revenue streams from clients. Sometimes you could be working on a contract for half the day. Overall i loved the experience i gained a lot of knowledge on contracts and managing a team.
Pros
Great people, a lot of free lunches
Cons
micro manage a bit when not necessary
I enjoy my work as an outside sales professional
A typical office day consists of prospecting potential customers, completing internal paperwork, conducting and participating in internal team and technical meetings. A typical day on business travel revolves around customer meetings and follow up.
Pros
An active job with great compensation
Cons
intense quarterly pressures
Was laid off from this company
I enjoyed my time at the company.

I enjoyed that my job allowed me to do many different tasks in a month (a lot of ad hoc activities).

Flat management style - thus, hard to advance within an organization.

Culture within our office was good - very friendly peers and a lot of comradre.
Pros
Diverse activities; friendly team and department
Cons
Flat management style - little room for advancement
not what it used to be
OpenText continues to acquire large companies and offers little to no training to perform daily job duties to support the acquisitions. Not many employees in my organization like to take full responsibility of their workload and love to "pass the buck". Each year our revenue continues to grow and so does the expectation to do more with less. They continually take away benefits and rarely give out increases or monetary awards. For 2017, they have doubled the employee cost of health insurance, doubled the deductible and lowered the amount the insurance pays (they used to pay 100% of major medical such as hospitalization and surgery and now insurance only pays 80% across the board). They also took away our quarterly STIP bonus plan.

They do offer a nice vacation and paid time-off package, however, most departments require that you work during that time. It's not the same company it was 6 years ago.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
low pay, acquisitions, work load requirements
great place to work
this place was good. Management cares and culture is friendly. I will recommend this place to others. many great opportunities exist.
OT purchased company and does not understand its business
OT purchased the copany i worked for, which is a software service company. OT does not understand this business well. It is also not a US company, which i would prefer.
Pros
able to work remotely
benefits