OpenText Employee Reviews

Sweat shop
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJFebruary 14, 2019
I didn't realize how much I hated working here until I was laid off. With retrospection I realized how much my skill sets were WASTED on this place. This is a true sweat shop and all they are interested in is grinding their employees into dust. There were so many suggestions I made to improve the work environment that went IGNORED because "hey.. we've done it this way for years.. why should we change?" Some of the management failed to graduate fifth grade at least mentally.
Constant acquisitions and reorgs
Senior Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 30, 2019
OpenText constantly acquires other businesses which results in excessive people in the same role. There is no job security and while you are employed, expect to work very long hours and 7 days a week.
I liked it
Data Imaging Auditor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 23, 2019
The time I spent here was very short but I did enjoy the job, I was able to learn about software programs that helped me stand out in different places.
Sr. Maintenance Renewal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 9, 2019
We are an acquired group from Dell. Our entire team was carried over to OpenText and we operate business as usual. A downside on health insurance cost is too high.
Cons
healthcare
Sense of accomplishment and learning opportunities
Customer Support Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 6, 2018
My position was very important requiring attention to detail and accuracy. The objective was to get it right the first time. OpenText is an International company with offices all over the world. Everyday something new was learned. I loved my job at OpenText.
Pros
Sense of accomplishment at the end of the business day
Cons
Very little ovetime
Exciting company with various opportunities
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2018
I started at OpenText as a Relationship Manager and was promoted to VP of Sales/Operations within six months. The role required extensive travel and attendance at in person off-sites and conferences. I enjoy traveling so it was a great fit and gave me the opportunity to meet many people and learn more about the company. I built great relationships with my clients and co-workers while pushing for improvements in operations, product and pricing.
Most of my team was in London so the hours were early but flexible in the afternoons.
Pros
travel opportunities, input into product enhancements
Cons
lack of resources and hiring
Challenge and Fulfilling
DevOps Architect (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2018
Love working there, but since it is a large company, lots of different standards which make support difficult. However, it does offer lots of challenges.
Poorly run
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Eastern USOctober 10, 2018
Mgt is locked on legacy base, has little in way of innovation to offer. Company is tired, only value is in selling base - innovation lacking, sales management old school and not able to keep up with changing landscape of tech and emerging opps
It is okay to work for this company
Sr. Solution Architect / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJSeptember 23, 2018
Depending on the group you work with and the Project, your typical day starts very early to connect with Offshore resources, management reporting, meetings with customer on different project domains, status reporting, follow up on action items from meetings, updates to project plans and project deliverables etc.

The most enjoyable part is the team you work with, your peers and people that reports to you on the project.
Great Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Open Text overall is a great company to work for. The culture is great and the management is above average. The only challenge I had was working a salaried job and needing to work OT.
Celebrates diversity and works to leverage that in workplace
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2018
Dynamic environment focused on provide high levels of customer service externally and internally. Encourages collaboration within teams and within the company.
Hostile unprofessional work environment
Helpdesk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Manager was show to participate in retaliation towards subordinates and unfair work practices. Bias evaluations and refusal to take employees needs into consideration.
Pros
Cons
several
MANAGER/TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work, slightly insecure job position due to frequent acquisitions, good opportunity to learn new things. Many locations worldwide, good managment and benefits.
Sales Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 4, 2018
The people are very nice and it's a great place to work. It's a big company and there is a lot of opportunity to move around. Keeps you on your toes.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Nice people
Great Company to work for
eDiscovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 1, 2018
Excellent company to work for with great benefits and fair pay. Great balance to work and Home. Loved that was able to work Remotely. Management and work environment is great.
Great team work, upper management skills lacking
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 27, 2018
Good working team, consultants went the extra mile for the customers and for their teammates. Upper management fails to recognize that in consulting, the employees are THE resource and need to be protected.
OpenText was an amazing company
Cloud Operations Capacity and Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2018
I regrettably left for another opportunity, huge mistake. OpenText was a large Company with a small company feel. It was welcomed to walk into the SVPs office and have a conversation. There was a synergy at OpenText, each team worked a a relay and not a silo.
Pros
Work remotely, healthcare
Wonderful workspace
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Excellent skils and managed many things, gained knowledge working with different tools , well about workspace it is very cool place and interactive with people , the typical day would be issues and dealing with those errors.
Getting to be a large organization
Product Specialist (Customer Support) (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 5, 2018
It's not the small, nimble software company it was when I first started, but that being said, it's a good solid place to work and I believe strongly in the value of the core products.
not a great place to work
Order Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 25, 2018
The pay is too low compared to the actual job responsibility. There is a real lack of organization and continuity for projects. My direct manager was incompetent and lacked any real leadership ability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenText. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss