OpenWorks Employee Reviews

Dishonest sales practices
Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
Greedy and money hungry people work here. They have an unhealthy inside office culture. Not to mention the dishonesty on their sale practices and more
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very dishonest company to work for, unhealthy inside office culture.
Review about openworks
Mantenance tech (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 29, 2018
Openworks is a
Company in janitorial field. It has been an honor working for openworks. I have been working through many year with 2 manager changed. Thanks
Excellent company
Director Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2018
Great company focused on excellence.
Growing rapidly good opportunity for promotion.
Positive, optimistic, fun
culture. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Great vision and leadership from the executive team
Cons
growing rapidly some divisions are a work in progress
over all experience
custodian (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 25, 2018
they had different building or schools for you to clean depending on there contracts with these places, its a fast pace environment, . the hardest part of this job was you didnt know from month to month where you would be sent to clean.
Pros
the people you worked with
Cons
different buildings every month
Keep Looking
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
Openworks is a revolving door with employees. Management is poor and most employees leave within a year because of lack of management and organization. The office looks like they opened a week ago, very unorganized and dirty.

The company treats the Franchise Owners like slaves and refuses to help them. Only demands they work for less money and do more work. Then when they decided they want to sell their franchise they are threatened that Openworks will take them too collections and to court.
Cons
Terrible Company
I love working for this company!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2017
In my 3+ years at OpenWorks I have seen a large emphasis on employee development and training that begins from day one. This includes clearly defined performance metrics, career path opportunities, and a strong initiative to promote from within the organization. OpenWorks has a great company culture that is both competitive and collaborative. They are always looking for ways to make it fun while promoting competition among offices/regions.
Work hard, be a team player, implement what you're taught and you will be very successful here!
Owner cares only for himself.
Senior Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2017
OpenWorks could be a great place to work but the owner doesn't care about his employees.

Poor leadership runs rampant.

High turnover in senior leadership positions.
Unreliable accounts
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2016
I have been with the company in Dallas a short time, however I see that my contracts does not equal what was negotiated in the start. Hard to ottain good accounts. Sales team does not care .
Pros
Low start fee
Cons
Time waiting for good contracts, Need lots of extra money until a contract/contracts are awarded, Slow in getting a response from anyone in the office.
Best Janitorial company work ethic I've ever experienced
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJune 29, 2015
Since I've been employed with OpenWorks my experience has been by far a wonderful one.
For the first time I'm in a janitorial company that truly cares, not only for each and every one of there clients but makes their employees feel appreciated and recognized.
The company is very well organized and continues to develop and grow their methods as well as helping their employees reach new goals!
Pros
A company that cares and nurtures their employees
Cons
I really have nothing that I can point out as a flaw since I've been with the company
Fast paced for Go-Getters
SAE (Current Employee) –  DallasJune 29, 2015
Great place to be a part of. Fast paced environment that changes daily. Self motivated producers have opportunity for promotions. Dynamic Team communication network in place to help with success. If you want to be a part of a company on the move. Maybe this is it.
Pros
Great people, great environment, not boring
Cons
minor details.
Great culture & great career opportunities
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
The company environment makes this a great place to work. The leaders of this company value your opinion and are always looking for ways to make not only the company better but each individual and department. I love the transparency at OpenWorks - everyone always knows where the company stands month to date and quarter to date financially and knows our company's budget goals for the year. Not only that, but you always know where you personally stand and how you're doing day over day.
great company to work for
District manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 29, 2015
great company to work for, lots of ways to get bonuses. Team work, management is good and helpful, good training. hardest part of the job is all the driving
Pros
good pay, commissions, team work
Cons
driving, wear and tear on your vehicle
Great Culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2015
Great incentive and bonus program,good work life balance.This company has a awesome vision for the future and invests in the employees to achieve goals.
Pros
Management Trasparency
Cons
commute to office
Great culture and work environment
Account of Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2015
Solid company with many talented individuals that work well together to make the company goals a reality. Great work life balance, many incentives like trips and bonuses. Really great upside potential.
Pros
Great incentive and bonus program, great work life balance
Cons
lots of driving
Great Company Culture and Benefits
Executive & Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
- Great Company Culture and Benefits
- Tremendous Growth Opportunities and Career Advancement
- Great work life balance
Great Culture and Plenty of Opportunity
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 25, 2015
My experience with OpenWorks has been very positive. I came in with little outside sales experience and both the management team and the more tenured salespeople have been excellent resources in helping me get up to speed quickly and have proved repeatedly through their actions that they are personally invested in my success. All levels of management are straightforward and clearly communicate all expectations including performance, KPIs, and most importantly - attitude. The management team has built a very competitive and collaborative culture with a central theme around teamwork. Overall I have really enjoyed beginning my career at OpenWorks and look forward to helping this company grow and succeed in the future.
Pros
Culture, Team Environment, Rewards Top Performers, Consistent Growth and Opportunity
Cons
Slow Sales Cycle at Times, Lot of Cold-Calling
Great company with a vision for the future
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
This company has a awesome vision for the future and invests in the employees to acheive those goals. It has a great culture around the office and in meetings which has employees feeling great about the work and enviroment. Great management that let's everyone voice opionions and suggestions without any issues. All ideas from any employee can be implemented if they think it will benefit the company. Your voice is always heard and listened to, just an all around great place to work.
Pros
Great Pay, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Benefits cost is high
Great People! Great Work Enviroment!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
OpenWorks is an extremely motivated organization and it is led by some of the best in the business. Bonus potential is excellent and career advancement is expected. If you are looking to move forward in life this is the place to be.
Pros
Work independently with just enough oversight. Commision and bonus potential.
Cons
The work can be very demanding at times. Multi-tasking is essential.
Growth company with new talent
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 22, 2015
This is the best company I have worked for and although fairly new in the management team (2 years) the company has recruited top notch talent that has contributed to the record breaking growth. A great place to work and I look forward to many years of continues success, teamwork, transparency and a fun place to work.
Pros
Great contests and commissions program
Cons
Growing pains
Great growth potential
Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2014
OpenWorks is a company that has experienced it's fair share of growing pains, but it continues to grow at a rapid pace. Senior leadership has good tenure, with a CEO leading the charge for 31 years. The company culture has been fully developed and the entire base of employees is empowered to impact overall company performance. Great work/life balance.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, challenge, growth
Cons
Could improve benefits package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenWorks. Our community is ready to answer.