Operation Homefront Employee Reviews

Effective
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2018
Operation Homefront is an amazing organization that helps many of our wounded veterans. The program invests a massive amount of the money they raise back into the veterans.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 18, 2018
they do have some paid positions but mainly it is volunteer work. It takes many volunteers to make an event happen but they do great things for military families.
Pros
great things come from what you do
Cons
LOTS of work, same volunteers all the time
Easy benefitial job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 19, 2017
Very well organized. Plan events for homes who need things. Less fortunate military spouses can shop for their kids. Back to school drive with vendors and prepacked backpacks.
Good environment to work
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM CASEWORKER II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2016
Good mission and vision. Great team to work with. Training is very good. Leadership is very humble and really accessible. Overall it is a really good place to work.
Pros
leadership, training, coworkers, good work environment
Cons
compensation could be better, but considering mission is good pay.
Average non profit
Case worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2016
Not the greatest if you like peace of mind when going home. People are often fired for any likely reason. Senior management does not care much for employees. Makes you have a black heart.
Pros
great co workers, lunch free first fridays....
Cons
everything else
Organization has wonderful mission but is in state of flux
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 6, 2016
Operation Homefront has a wonderful mission of serving and caring for our active duty families and currently, under the new direction of the CEO, I believe that they will arrive at their desired destination of a well operating organization. However, they are currently struggling with years of bad practices and systems. It may be a couple more years before Operation Homefront can achieve it's goal of a top rated nonprofit in the country.
Great colleagues, and management
CASE WORKER II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
Work 9-5 with great co workers, atmosphere is stressful due to the fact your dealing with clients that are in a financial crisis. I learned that I am able to work under pressure but tend to take work home, meaning working non stop. Co workers are great, great support system. Management is awesome. Hardest part is due to funding we are not able to provide services to everyone which results in denying clients financial assistance during their financial hardship. Most enjoyable part of work is being able to help those who truly need the assistance.
Very energizing place to work
Director of Programs (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 7, 2016
Supporting military families is a great mission! It is not a challenge to get donations to help these families. The environment at Operation Homefront is very fast paced, working on several projects at one time. Each project also has many aspects. I work in a self driven environment with very little direction.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
working lots of nights and weekends, especially holidays
Great Organization and Staff
Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2015
It was a privilege to have worked for Operation Homefront alongside a great leader. It was a heart breaking day when I left to move back to California and not be part of such an amazing organization. By far, Operation Homefront was the best organization I have ever been a part of!!
Pros
Excellent leadership, hours, and staff
Cons
No employment available in my area.
Independent Work, Very Rewarding
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJuly 10, 2015
I answered phones, scheduled meetings, and helped with fundraising. It was a very rewarding experience to help the Wounded Warriors. I enjoyed working independently.
Tucson Representative
Tucson Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 4, 2015
Working with Operation Homefront and Military Assistance MIssion allowed me to do some fundraising and networking as the Tucson Representative.

I enjoyed every minute of the work I did. The mission of Operation Homefront was to provide emergency financial assistance to our deployed active duty military, guard and reserves.
Pros
networking and providing information at military and veteran events
Cons
Wish I could have done more
Virtual Staff (Former Employee) –  Remote positionJanuary 26, 2015
I love working with military families and giving back to the military community. It is very fulfilling and I have been able to have some amazing lessons and experiences.
general volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 29, 2014
Fundamentally, volunteering is about giving your time, energy and skills freely. Unlike many things in life there is choice involved in volunteering. As a volunteer you have made a decision to help on your own accord, free from pressure to act from others. Volunteers predominantly express a sense of achievement and motivation, and this is ultimately generated from your desire and enthusiasm to help. It may be true that no one person can solve all the world’s problems, but what you can do is make that little corner of the world where you live just that little bit better.
The Organization Nationalized which changed the culture.
Operations Director SoCal Village (Former Employee) –  Oceanside CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2014
MY days were not typical. I could be painting an apartment one minute and dealing with a suicidal Marine the next. I learned a lot about the military culture I was completely unfamiliar with. Management was difficult to deal with due to the location being in San Antonio. This by far was the most difficult part of the job. They would have morning meetings we would not be a part of and yet we were expected to comply with the orders. The communication within the organization was very broken. The most enjoyable part is helping our Men and Women who have served our country so we can be free.
Pros
Fundrasing Events!
Cons
Gossip and inconsistancy.
Nice job/life balance, no advancement opportunity in IT
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2014
user/computer account management in Active Directory 2012, migration from Exchange 2007 and SharePoint to Office365 projects, File/Print Server administration, Group Policy management, software rollout (started building new SCCM infrastructure), Kaspersky Endpoint Security rollout/maintenance and Windows Update Server rollout, SharePoint user/group account management, configuring and troubleshooting access to SharePoint resources etc., Barracuda firewall configuration;
performed daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all physical and virtual servers (Hyper-V 2012), server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, Antivirus updates etc.;
installed new / rebuilt existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements;
provided Tier III issue resolution for Desktop Team covering headquarters (100+ users) and nationwide users (around 50) with hardware, software and applications problems.
A fun and evolving workplace
Housing Caseworker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2013
This is a great non-profit, especially if you have a passion for service our nations Military personnel and Veterans. It is continuing to grow and expand, offering more services and assistance to more Service Members.
Pros
fun and challenging work atmosphere.
Cons
Long work hours and high caseloads for low pay.
Wonderful and rewarding organization
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2013
Managed and worked in conjunction with outside vendors to help Wounded Warriors and their families in transition. Most days consisted of coordinating financial assistance and housing for clients on a temporary basis. Great environment with wonderful people all working in cohesion to best meet the needs of our soldiers. The hardest part of the job was seeing our soldiers with horrible injuries suffered while fighting for our freedom. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of making smooth transitions to help ease the stress on the military families in crisis.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Witness injuries to our soldiers
I was proud to serve the Wounded Warriors of Texas
Director of Logistics (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2012
Gerat place to work. Working for a nonprofit was a very rewarding experience for me. As a Retired Marine, I was happy that I was given an opportunity to serve again. This was the happiest I have been since I retired in 2000.
Pros
travel and meeting service personnel throut the state of texas
Cons
locking up and going home at the end of the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Operation Homefront. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight