Operation PAR, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor management, very unprofessional.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 5, 2019
Poor management, no management. No guidance. There are some very good staff here, some good counselors, some good nurses but they are never recognized. It's a revolving door because instead of working on improving issues within the facilities they prefer to just fire people. Like I said they don't know how to manage they only know how to hire people and then discard them. Minimally educated people in management positions. Managers/ supervisors are suppose to set examples for their staff, the examples they set are that cursing is ok, calling the patients derogatory names is ok and bashing the facility and the people in charge is ok. Great example.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, immature management, inept supervisors
Very Stressful work enviroment
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 9, 2019
It's a place for someone seeking experience in that field. But for a more experienced and qualified person, you're not valued and that's reflected in the salary. As well as the opportunity to exercise creativity in the treatment approach.
Ok
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 9, 2018
There was a lot of gossping and co-workers snitching about each other to manager. Not a healthy environment. Also, those who were put to train new employees expect that the new employees come on board knowing everything. Also, being a Latino, I felt not welcome at times, and I was looked over the shoulder for being who I am!
Cons
Not a good company to build your career
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 8, 2018
Not a good company to work for Not good on the job training. No Time to explain Be hands on verycut throat. Not given time to learn from mistakes. Human errors
I liked working at PAR, but pay was too low
Family Intervention Specialist Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work. Opportunities to move around in the company, but mostly lateral. Very good benefits and lots of training opportunities. I would work for PAR again.
Pros
Good team work, great benefits
Cons
Low pay, but it is a non-profit
Not a typical day at work.
FL. Detention Screener Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 10, 2018
When you have to find things to do for the entire shift because there is no one else in the building except you and your co-workers. You can actually take a few minutes to enjoy the quiet and not have to worry about what needs to be done after completing some required paperwork.
Pros
job security.
Cons
public speaking.
Atmosphere
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 7, 2018
good place to work, but needs to help better with salary compensation. could be better if they thought about a cost of living increase throughout the work place
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Micro managed
Good Coworkrs
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 21, 2018
I love my coworkers and my job. Only complaint would be the pay and that you have to pay out of pocket for health and dental insurance. I like the early hours and the fact that we are pretty flexible..
Lowest Salary
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2018
Started making 15 as an LPN then they finally raised it to 18 but that is still under average for LPN's . They let the patients treat you like terribly and they remain in the program.
Pros
I liked the hours.
Cons
LOW money
Methadone Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJune 7, 2018
A very laid back job, can get busy though. Dosing is from 5:30 to 11, and charting is done till 2. The cowrkers were amazing. Not too bad of a job at all.
Pros
great coworkers, laid back
Cons
benefits werent that great
Good company
Former member (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 27, 2018
This is a very good company to work for the sin saying that the workload is incredibly difficult at times. But a great learning experience working in the substance abuse community.
No one stays
Detention Screener (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 18, 2018
At the end of the day is a hectic environment, where employees are snitching on each other, telling lies to supervisors. There’s no commitment to the youth, is all about money. Very fast pace place, where the is not enough employees because they quit due to such poor treatment, assessors try to cut the screeners throat by spreading lies and watching out to go snitch about your work.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive
Out Patient Services in Clearwater
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 25, 2018
The worst job ever!!! Trained by inept person that knew nothing of the job herself.
Filthy dirty offices, and smug cut throat Outpatient supervisor that wasnt interested on helping patients, just lining her pockets from poor souls trying to seek help. What a snake that runs that snakepit!!!
Cons
Good company to work for with a caring staff
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port RicheyMarch 12, 2018
Operation PAR offers good benefits to full time employees. The HR department is very approachable and helpful. The management is willing to work with you regarding family issues or family emergencies. Paid time off is better than most!! PTO Increases with years worked. Working at the PAR methadone clinic (Medication Assisted Patient Services), you have to work early morning hours starting at 5:00 a.m., but your shift is over around 1:30 or 2:00 pm, giving you the afternoon to be with your family or run errands. The staff works well together at coordinating care between the nursing department, counselors, and front office staff. Everyone tries to be a team player at the clinic. I've noticed the majority of the staff are caring, empathetic people who would not be here if they didn't believe in our goals of helping those people impacted by substance abuse. One of the hardest part of the job is the fast paced environment, which at times can be hectic. However, time goes by quickly, and everyone pitches in to help out. I would say one of the most enjoyable parts of the job are my co-workers. These people seem to really care about what they do here. I have met some good people working here. Secondly, being there for the clients and seeing them succeed in their goals toward a better life. Not all may succeed, but for those who really work the program, it is a joy to witness the changes they have made in their life; how they have become productive citizens, working, and being thankful for the help they receive.
Pros
caring staff members, good benefits, rewarding experience
Cons
fast paced environment at times, wages should be more competitive
Worst place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 24, 2018
A bunch of cut throats, especially out patient supervisor. Keeping clients coming for methadone..they dont help people get well, just keep them coming to subsidise Operation Pars wallets
Not a career job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 13, 2017
Chance for advancement is good, however lots of pettiness from co workers and lack of team work. Charts are not kept up to date, during my year of employment only saw 1 person complete program. I left due to manager avoiding doing work as much as possible, also patients being admitted under new physician were chronic pain patients who were rude and often worse than patients trying to control their drug addiction. The director was smart and enthusiastic but did little to control negativity among staff.
Stressful and negative environment
Juvenile Assessor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2017
Extremely stressful and quick paced environment. Negative culture revolving around gossip about employee's work/personal lives. It is a post college job to gain some experience and then move on to something else.
Excellent organization
Administrator - Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 3, 2017
Par is an excellent organization. I worked there twice. I was getting burned out with dealing with substance abuse clients I really did not want to leave but I found a different challenge
Great co-workers
Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLAugust 2, 2017
This was my first job after I earned my masters degree but before I got licensed. I would recommend this job for someone right out of school. I loved my co-workers. The nurses, other therapists, and my supervisor were all great. They accepted me quickly and made work more fun. The case load was massive- 60 to 70 clients. With that many it's impossible to truly get to know them. I hated that. I wanted to know my clients and spend more time with them. It's a methadone clinic and it certainly helps some people to eventually get off of drugs, but some of them are simply looking for a legal way to get drugs every day, which was disheartening. I tried to focus on the ones who seemed to truly want help. The compensation is not very good, but the paid time off was nice. I forget how much time they gave but it was better than my current job offers. Also, since this is not a salary job they are pretty strict about not giving overtime, so you typically will not work more than 40 hours per week. PAR offered a good work life balance, you are not expected to take work home. Since I left Par they made some major changes and all of the therapists I used to work with left. I can't speak personally about the changes since I was not there but my coworkers hated them enough to leave. If you're right out of college and looking for some experience then a year or two here would probably be great. The hours here are kind of odd- work starts at 5:30 AM. Some people love this because they get off early, those with kids especially loved it because they could pick their kids up from school. I'm not a morning  more... person, so I hated being there at 5:30. Oh- one more thing- the pay is low, but you will earn more money for more education and experience. Even though I had no experience I had a masters degree, so I still was able to earn towards the top of what they offered. They will give you a raise if you earn a masters degree or get licensed.  less
Pros
great co-workers, paid time off
Cons
low pay, high case load, early hours
Work environment is motivating, pay is hard to live off of
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 18, 2017
The employees make it an enjoyable place to work, management as well. You gain a lot of knowledge from the job itself. May not be a forever job. Pay grade is hard to live off of- based off of degrees BA or MS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Operation PAR, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.