Oportun Employee Reviews

Demasiadas pocas horas.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 28, 2018
No esperes más de 70 horas a la semana Y de un avance como carrera olviden de eso, demasiadas pólizas, durante el día es super tranquilo sólo tomando pagos e asistiendo clientes, la Comisión te quitan demasiado impuesto..
Pros
Buena aseguranza
Cons
Muy pocas horas.
Mission based company
Senior District Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2018
Strong mission based company looking for ways to help the community grow by offering credit building loans. Strong customer first based teams in each location.
Good work place for part time
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 20, 2018
Great place to be. Not full time hours. I need something thats a full 80 hours a week and unfortunately with oportun they only provide 65-68 hours in 2 weeks.
I loved it
Store Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Overall it is a good place to work I loved it. I enjoyed working with most of my team and my managers as well I made friends with teammates and clients
Company does not offer opportunities of growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 11, 2018
Working for Oportun is was a good experience but their management is not helpful at all. They expect to be available for the company but they hardly help their employees when they have to take some days off. Also Company does not offer opportunities of growth.
Pros
n/a
Cons
management is not willing to work with you when you need them, for example asking for days off, etc.
Not recommended
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJune 4, 2018
Area managers and supervisors have alot of preferences for other people. Leaders talk lies of their own coworkers just so they can quit and hire the people they like!
Pros
Lack Of Bonuses.
Cons
No Weekends Off At All Just The Supervisors.
Managers need better training.
Customer loyalty representative (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueMay 19, 2018
Not good for people with family. Very low pay and had to work every weekend. Everything handled from corporate office in CA. Company very disorganized. Horrible store lead, very unprofessional. Requirements for bonus program changes monthly.
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Poor Management, disorganized
It’s a good company but I need more
Customer Service Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CA 90303April 20, 2018
I’ve enjoyed working for this company but they do not appreciate good work and don’t value there employees . Management does not know how to see talent in associates and they expect us to train managers but don’t promote within
Pros
Pays more then the minimum wage
Cons
Does not provide opportunity to grow and does not give set schedules
Very good company but very stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMarch 24, 2018
This job has to do with loans so it’s a lot of money security and cash handling so you’re on your toes every second of the shift. You must make sure you make no mistakes don’t go over or under. It’s a office job practically since you sit at a computer all day long. You are also expected to market when you can so go out and talk to possible clients. It’s a job that is good for some people and maybe not so great for other people. Management right now is also very inconsistent with schedules and approving any requested days off. Manager expects you to be flexible for them but they won’t be flexible for you.
Pros
Incentives if you meet your goal
Cons
30 minute lunches, no flexibility for you
Good Place to work at.
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2018
Overall good place to work at. Enjoy the day with customers if they are not rude. Management can be a little better to help you grow within the company.
Pros
Sick days and PTO
Cons
Salary raises not to good

Want to know more about Oportun?

Ask a question
Oportun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2018
Great Environment, just not enough room for advancement. Great company to help those individuals whom have no social security establish a credit report by using an ITIN.
Mission driven
N/A (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2018
It’s a pleasure working with the community. The company is mission driven, everyone in management is transperant. They have a great team that do a lot of training and development.
Pros
Mission driven
Cons
Fast paste driven not for everyone
Productive and safe work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAFebruary 21, 2018
During my time here I've learned how to deal with customers during difficult times in a professional as well as respectful manner. It has also improved my cash handling and communication skills. The people that work at Oportun are all very kind and respectful towards one another.
Pros
loans without interest
Cons
short break
the job is easy
Customer service loyalty representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 21, 2018
The job it self is easy but the way the pay is structerd makes for a hostile work enviorment super super toxic not worth the pay, not worth the strees level and the schedule is so strange 11- 7 pm such a big chunck of the middle of the day also when co workers dont show up everyones schedle gets screwey.
Pros
easy job
Cons
vicious co workers snakes man snakes.
The supervisors are not fair with every employee working in the company
CLR - FT Customer Loyal Representative III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2018
They didn't like seeing people grow. The job was easy and great, but not the work environment .They like to push you down ,and if you want to get a better position ,they don't look on you or see your job for quality.They just go for the person who has a good relationship with they ..that is favoritism
Pros
Company's benefits were good.
Cons
Environment was horrible.
I loved helping people in their finance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTFebruary 16, 2018
I had to help people with their loans and I was atonished by the impact we made with Oportun in their lives. I loved seen people happy and less stress in their lives, bieng able to have a service that could help them.
Pros
Not good pay.
Cons
we had bonuses when we brought new people.
Ambiente tranquilo de trabajo
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Se puede trabajar tranquilo en la empresa, trabajo en equipo y contacto seguido con los clientes.
Pros
Horarios flexibles
Cons
trabajar fines de semana
Needs some work
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2018
Oportun has the potential to be a good company to work for, however upper management definitely needs more support to run things and they need to offer better benefits to their employees!
Very productive, fulfilling job. With so much room to grow
Store Team Lead (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJanuary 10, 2018
I love working for this company, mainly because it has a soul, very strong values . I love coming ti work amd veing able to feel I can help people and make a difference.
Pros
They will train you.
Horrible and terrible management
Teller (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2018
They push employees to get people to apply for high interest loans even when they only need 1k they only offer 5k or higher making it difficult for people to pay them back. The work can be terribly slow and then higher up management watch every place through cameras. They make random employees go to different locations without warning and schedule is subject to change without notice as well while employees are expected to come to work despite this change happening overnight
Pros
Cons
Hours are short. Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oportun. Our community is ready to answer.