Opportunity Inc Employee Reviews

Love it!
Connection Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 23, 2019
I dont feel like im working when im at work. I love my job. I wanna stay there forever.heard nothing bad before i got hired or after i got hired. Wonderful place
Pros
Love
Cons
Love
Absolutely Terrible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 4, 2019
will not pay out any PTO upon leaving and the amount they owed you is written off as insurance you paid for but didn't have on tax forms. Management SUCKS. Treats employees terribly. They refuse to give any communication upon leaving, especially when it involves money they owe you. Will try their hardest to not pay you for anything they don't have to so you always have to keep track off your money on pay checks. This company does not give two craps about any of their clients, they will not give clients what they want, they over charge and only cares about money they have to spend over the clients. They also force you to work more hours if they cannot have it covered and will say it's your problem now and you have to find a replacement. Do NOT work for this company!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Literally everything else
Very poor workplace
PERSONAL CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 27, 2018
started it seems like a awesome place to work , but you do not have a life ,I always worked from 50 to 80 hours a week . the place made you feel like you didn't do enough for them. everyone is out for them self.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
very cut throat
Ok place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIOctober 6, 2018
They promise alot to their employees don't always follow through. They willing to work through problems if one arises. For the most part they are not a bad place to work at.
Pros
They match the work.environment to the person
Cons
Problems. arise they dont always handle it the best. Too many rules of what not to do.
Friendly but underpaid and understaffed, disorganized management.
PCW (Former Employee) –  Wausau WIAugust 19, 2018
I loved the clients that was the best part, the people I worked with were awesome but lack of staff and disorganization from upper management made it hard. Pay was below minimum and.healthcare was too expensive to utilize even if it was offered.
Pros
Great clients, awesome staff, fun atmosphere and good team work.
Cons
Disorganized managment, underpaid, lack of communication from upper managment to staff, Understaffed.
An energetic and fulfilling place to work
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 30, 2018
For the position I had you spent 1 on 1 time helping clients. Communication with clients and coworkers was key to maintain the proper help and care. You travel from client to client in order to provide the help and care they need.
Pros
incredibly fulfilling to help clients
Cons
uses a lot of gas
relaxed place of work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2018
One thing I enjoyed about working at Opportunity Inc is helping people get the things they needed. As far as time and help on the computer, and to guide them where they could get legal help with little to no cost
I enjoyed working with the residents
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 18, 2018
I really like taking care of the residents and being part of their lives and working with them on what they need to have done.I enjoy talking to them and watching them smile.
Pros
enjoyed helping the residents
Cons
at times long hours
productive , fun, and I put all my skills into play
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 5, 2018
what i enjoy most is that i get to work from home 2 days of the week.
whats hard about my job is that there are a lot of house projects and only 2 hands (mine).
work place is nice i enjoy working with my teammates.
I learn every day new skills that i apply in my everyday life and work.
Productive workplace
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2017
Work with inmates. The management could be a lot better. New employees come and go everyday. Your segregated . Constantly under pressure. Must work together as a team.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
Only two breaks
Nice place to work
PCW (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 28, 2017
Typically employees work in homes that house 4 resident's have a different range of disabilities. You make meals, and get the residents ready for the day. I learned a lot from this job, how to menu plan, and make list. You had to do residents laundry and manage their money a lot went into this job. You also had to be Van trained. The management was there for you if you needed them and would work with you.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, Short breaks
My partner quit I stayed for one month later.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2017
The boss didn't care if I was under pressure. I traveled a long distance from home cleaned the whole premesis and went straight back home. Not having a job was more comfortable at the time.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Major help was needed
Nice Place to work
RN Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 19, 2017
Loved my manager- nice friendly atmosphere- enjoyed working with the staff as well as the residents at the agency. Was able to work independently which was nice.
Benefits
Cons
Na
Excellent School!
Lead Teacher- 3 yr. olds (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 18, 2017
This job helped me to gain a better understanding of the childcare field. Employees are encouraged to pursue and continue their education. The school environment is pleasant and diverse.
Great Opportunity
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 25, 2015
This company gave me a great opportunity to grow with the company. I went from a personal care worker which is like a certified nursing assistant to a team lead in a short amount of time.
productive, exciting, and rewarding
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 10, 2015
I enjoyed working here however I think their policies could be a little more lax in regards to their employees. As far as the co-worker and clients it was a great atmosphere to work in and everyone was very caring and considerate. I learned a lot from my clients and co-workers as well.
Pros
met a lot of very good people
Cons
policies could be a little more worker friendly
Enjoyed coming to work everyday
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed coming to work and interacting with consumers. Had a chance to sit down for a one on one with most consumers to gain better knowledge of how our classes would benefit them in the long term goal.
Great culture and flexibility
H-1B Healthcare Training Grant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk VAOctober 20, 2014
Opportunity Inc. is a great place to work if you like to help others. You must want to give others a hand up as they try to become self-sufficient. They allowed me to grow during my transition from the military, and were flexible in allowing me to meet my family obligations. I highly recommend Opportunity Inc. as an employer.
Pros
Flexible, promote from within, great benefits.
Cons
No overtime opportunities
Homeless Continuum of Care
Support Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 22, 2014
No job security due to federal grants funding availability
Most rewarding job ever
PCW/SUPPORTIVE LIVING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 18, 2014
There is no typical day at opportunity, but that's what makes it fun! I learned tons at this company. Compassion goes a long way!