OPSWAT

OPSWAT Employee Reviews

OPSWAT insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Productive workplace

Worked as Software Developer Intern in Metascan Engineering Team

I love working at Opswat!

Opswat recently expanded it's headquarters from San Fran to Tampa, Florida. I am relatively new to the team and in my first 30 days have been showered with support. I really appreciated the in-depth industry training through OPSWAT Academy and the overall onboarding process was smooth. My boss is great. He comes from a successful leadership background and has kept all of the promises ( and then some) that made me want to join the team during the interview process. He consistently supports an autonomous style of working where the expectation is crystal clear and the support is one ping away at all times. He has equipped my team with the top technologies and resources to be successful, accountable, and efficient. The OPSWAT products and solutions are incredible and the awareness is growing in this hot cybersecurity market. Very excited to continue shaping my career with Opswat.

Pros

Friendly & Supportive Environment, Rapidly Growing, Great Sales Leads, Excellent Culture, Amazing Espresso Machine

Cons

TBD- So far so good!

Excellent growth opportunity with pre-IPO company

Growth and opportunity is ubiquitous at OPSWAT. New growth has improved culture and atmosphere at the office. The sky is not even the limit to where we can go.

Pre-IPO company in rapid growth mode... get on this train!

OPSWAT is a great place to work with smart people doing work that matters. Protecting critical infrastructure from cyber attacks.The CEO built the company from the ground up and is super energetic, down to Earth, no ego.Leadership asks a lot, but nothing out of bounds or out of the ordinary. As with any job, if there is an important milestone date such as a product launch there will always be some overtime involved, but again, nothing out of the ordinary.There will be a number of people to talk to since it is a large organizations and globally distributed. Dont get annoyed at the number of calls, be happy you're meeting a ton of awesome people. Approach it with the right mindset! And be prepared to show your value.

Pros

Great visionary CEO and leadership, good benefits and compensation, morning snacks, free coffee and snacks, everyone is good natured and rowing together.

Cons

A bit chaotic due to rapid growth, but getting key people in place things should even out soon

Challenging, innovate place for technical people like myself

No place is perfect, but I've found that I have the challenge and freedom to do what needs to be done to deliver value to customers. There is plenty of room to grow as a software engineer

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Run in the other direction..fast

Worse place I have ever worked. They should be forbidden from hiring anymore people. Every person I have ever known who worked there was fired. Seems like it's ok, but it's a toxic pit. Don't fall in, if you do, you'll be looking for another job in a few months. If you have any financial responsibilities, it could really impact your life. You will be fired. It's about 99.9% guaranteed.

Don't do it....you will be sorry if you do!

The CEO tends to focus on different departments each month and will either fire or make someone quit without fail. You will see this happen over and over again. Even if the individuals are amazing, he will find a way or an excuse to make them leave. He can't seem to get out of his own way. There is zero loyalty to employees. Doesn't matter if you have been there 8 months or 8 years...if you do one thing wrong that the CEO doesn't like you are out. IT is non-existent in this company. They believe there doesn't need to be an IT help desk...even though they are 250 people and a tech company...you need to figure out any tech issues on your own! Good luck if you can't print or your monitor breaks. You will spend hours in frustration trying to solve issues that should not even be your responsibility.

Pros

Some really nice people work here (for now). A lot of the benefits are good.

Cons

The culture is toxic mostly due to the CEO. You have a 75% chance of getting fired your first year.

You never know what you are going to get.

One day might go well and the next day is about people yelling and screaming, pointing fingers and always wanting to blame someone else. Stay away. Far away!

Pros

"Some" of the people are cool

Cons

Loose Cannon CEO, no job security, company has gone nowhere for a long time

CEO is a psychopath

The worst place I have ever worked. Such a toxic environment, the executive team is a bunch of snakes. The product is worthless and all reverse engineered. Not innovative, not creative and not agile.

Pros

good people

Cons

the CEO is the devil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OPSWAT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• OPSWAT