Optim Healthcare Employee Reviews

Productive and Professional workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 24, 2018
I learned and experienced alot of different professions, having to do with certified clinical medical assistant resposibilities. I have experienced more than I learned in school, hands on and I'm glad about it!
Pros
30-45 minute lunches
Cons
Nothing to say
Very balanced on patient and employee care
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 30, 2018
Very pleasant organization to work for and I would recommend to anyone looking for employment. Balanced work load among employees. Patient flow was smooth.
Pros
All aspects
Cons
No cons
Par for the course
Compliance/Risk/Privacy Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 8, 2017
Typical fast paced work environment. Great workforce; competent staff and professionals. Diverse culture and many opportunities to increase skills through conferences.
Drs great office staff stink
Patiemt (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 15, 2017
We have two physicians there. The doctors are great however the office staff stink. They do not seem to care about the patients. We've called and called several times before what we needed was finally addressed. Scheduled for surgery called hospital they didn't have anything on husband office called and rudely asked who told us surgery and we said your office did...they never sent info to cardiology or pulmonologist, never precerted. This caused me issues with my place of employment. Need to do their jobs
Awesome Job to work
Medical Receptionist and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glennville, GAJune 26, 2017
I come in to a clean facility to work and got along with all other employees. My duties included answering phone calls, scheduling appontiments, identifying patients collecting specimens from patients. relaying information to providers in our office and others. quality control functions on all equipment.
Work Atmosphere
Office Manager/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAMay 25, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Learned a lot from different people. All persons were friendly and easy to work with. Days always seemed to pass by quickly and with ease.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
A lot of turn over
great team members
Medical Records Specialist/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 29, 2017
Working here gave me so much experience in each area doing administrative work. I was trained in many departments which made me great at my job. I am grateful for that
Pros
you will gain plenty of experience in several areas
Cons
management can be tricky
Fast paced, challenging
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 30, 2017
Loved the job, most of the people. New corporate partners can be good to work with but if you don't fit in with their initial perception it is hard to get past no matter how good you are.
terrible
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 27, 2017
Responsible for ensuring superior customer contact skills through monitoring and evaluating the structure and quality of agent – customer interactions; Worked closely with the account leaders and trainers to guarantee that precise, specific feedback is systematically provided in an efficient and effective manner.
Typical employer in Georgia
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Not managed properly. It is run by the employees who were probably there when the building was built and are there based on seniority not skills. A lot of these jobs are not worth wasting your time but can be used to pay the bills until then.
Pros
Cons
Management, employees who have been there too long
It's all about the numbers
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 1, 2016
Co-workers are great. Management is all about the numbers and how things look. No flexibility. Benefits are sub par as is pay scale.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, benefits, pay
Poor Management/Bullying
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2016
The people at Optim are cool to work with but management sucks. they join in together and fraternize with employees. If you are not in their clique or team then you are basically a problem. The pay is ok, less than average. The workload is ok as well. If they revamp their management they would be a great company to work for.
Horrible Company to work for
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 15, 2016
HR is a complete joke...management is even worse and the benefits/pay is even worse than that. The pay is lousy for the amount of work you are expected to churn out. They hire low level staff with no customer service skills and then do nothing people when patients and staff complain. The issues I had with them were not handled correctly at all....
I enjoy my job but I am looking to relocate closer to family
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, GAJune 7, 2016
A typical day is always diverse with plenty to do. Customer service and patient experience is our priority and my number one responsibility. It is my responsibility to be an effective leader for my team and show them how to provide a great patient experience while still obtaining all necessary information required for a proper registration process.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hospital is never closed
I was terminated
CMA/ front desk represinitive (Former Employee) –  Darien, GAMarch 28, 2016
I contracted C-Diff and missed 3 consecutive days with a doctors note and was terminated for missing work. I was about 10 days from completing my probation period.
Pros
Cons
Some people are moody.
It is all about the numbers
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 13, 2015
very poor management to say the least, human resources is a joke, low salary for nurses, & the Doctors don't appreciate staff
Pros
Cons
No raises
Optim
Billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work for. Management is very approachable. Only con would be the lack of compensation/benefits. 401K match not available.
Cons
Substandard management and little opportunity for advancement
Insurance/Refund Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job is not knowing what a patient is going to ask. I can guess for the most part what their concern may be upon reviewing their account, but the fear of the uncertainty as to how a patient will respond to a bill is ominous at times. On the flip side of that, the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help those patients who call with questions relating to a service they had, why they were billed, what something means on their EOB, or a letter received from their ins company. My co-workers and I are very supportive of each other. We work as a team to work towards a common goal.
its a job
Billing Specialist / Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 16, 2014
alright place to work. alright pay. No room for advancement poor management
Productive and Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 8, 2014
A very busy and fast paced office. With many satellite location, we traveled greatly. Great experience!! Everyone seems to work together in one way or another.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Traveled to much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optim Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.