Optima Tax Relief Employee Reviews

Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 23, 2018
Great culture. Fun employees. It is a great way to get your foot in the door and have fun at the same time. Ideal for recent grads or someone looking to get into the tax industry.
Productive and best work place ever!!
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 20, 2018
If you like your job , you wont work a day in your life . Optima is full of friendly faces , we all work together to provide our Clients the best service we can .
Great place to work in oc
Sr Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I had an incredible experience working for Optima. Does not feel like work. A place to come in, have great peers around you and help clients with their tax issues.
Pros
Company events
March 14, 2018

This review makes us so happy to see you have a positive experience. Thank you for being an amazing employee! We could not express how much we appreciate everything you have done here at OTR!

Satisfied
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed the time while at optima tax relief.
I just need some more money per hour. I worked the m-f gig. 8 Am-230 pm. There is no complaints and the company and I are on good terms.
March 14, 2018

Thank you for the raving review! We appreciate your hard work at OTR!

Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 8, 2017
The management makes it seem like they are super nice and they always say you’re like family to them. They even say how you’re doing such a great job and meeting your goals and out of no where they will let you go because you’re “not meeting the goals”. Management here are so fake don’t trust them at all. There is people there who actually don’t do their job and are always walking around or playing pool in the break room and they are never told anything. If you want to speak your mind you better watch out how you say it because if you don’t they will turn against you! Management will act super nice to you but trust me don’t trust them at all!!!
March 22, 2018

At Optima Tax Relief, we set production goals for departments to follow which is presented to the employee on their first day. We constantly ask our employees to provide honest feedback through our suggestion box which is then brought to our managing partners and upper management to try and implement. One of those suggestions was to create a Management survey where all of our employees have a chance to provide honest, anonymous feedback of our management team. The success of this survey has allowed us to work with our leaders to provide changes and help develop our management team. We constantly look for room to improve on and we appreciate your feedback on our managers which we will strive to make changes for our employees. The Orange County Register, voted Optima Tax Relief for Top Workplace for 2017. In regards to your comment about the pool table, we offer this to our employees in the break room to allow our staff to relieve stress. Tax season is a very stressful time and we want our employees to know that we care about them and allow them to use this when time permits. We believe not only can it deal with stress relief, it can also boost productivity. Thank you for your tenure with Optima and we wish you the best in the future!

HR is a great team.
Corporate Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 27, 2017
My review will begin and end with the HR Department to maintain a certain level of professionalism.
The best team I could have ever worked with.
My typical day was having my direct leadership checking up on me to see if I had everything I needed to succeed and of course recruiting.
HR Team taught me and provided me great tools to succeed in my future.
HR Director and Recruiting Manager is solid and this company would be lost without them.
Runnnnnn!
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 22, 2017
Weird policies and even stranger members of the management team to go with it. Low morale, unfair politics, you name it. This place really just sucks! If you see them posting....keep on scrolling. Bullet dodged!
March 26, 2018

Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your experience with OTR. We would love to hear more insight about the information you have provided as we look at every review as an opportunity to improve. Please contact us directly at 800-536-0734 or reach out to feedback@optimataxrelief.com so we can work together on addressing your concerns

Not as great as they seem
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 15, 2017
I will say, this company has great benefits, culture, and a fair amount of time off. However in my position, it was an extremely stressful, under appreciated position. My manager had a clear lack of knowledge of the field and I was not given the help I needed when asked (i was managing an 500+ pipe line, which increased everyday by 10, all by myself. no help) There is CLEAR problem with favoritism where employees get away with physical / emotional assault so long as they are friend with a manager. I mean it is just ridiculous whats going on in this company. Save yourself the headache. Don't work here.
March 14, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you were stressed and felt underappreciated. Optima Tax Relief was 2017 winner of prestigious Torch Award for Ethics awarded by the Better Bureau. The BBB bestows this honor to companies that have demonstrated the best practices, leadership, social responsibility and high standards of organizational ethics that benefits their customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and communities. Optima has an "open door" policy in order to encourage openness and transparency with the employees, anonymous suggestion box and surveys. We are proud to say that our company is growing and we are taking action by hiring more employees to help with the work load. We strongly believe in work-life balance here and want to ensure that our employees are able to excel both personally and professionally. As far as favoritism, we provide anonymous quarterly surveys for our employees to give their honest reviews on their managers and their management style. At Optima, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products/services, and our community. We are sorry we did not meet your expectation, but thank you for your honesty and we appreciate your time here at Optima Tax Relief.

Great Work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 7, 2017
I learned a lot about the IRS, enjoyed my co workers and "team mates". The CEO is very personal and friendly. I had a lot of duties but enjoyed helping others in their IRS issues.
Pros
Great work culture
March 22, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate all your all hard!

March 22, 2018

We are pleased to have you on the team! Thank you for being an amazing team player!

Good company to work for
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 17, 2017
Stable company and good management. Workplace culture is exciting and employees are always involved in company events. The most difficult part of this job is having to tell a client bad news.
March 22, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! It is tough to deliver bad news, but we are glad to have good people like you to help our clients through tough situations. Thank you again for being a great employee at OTR!

Want to know more about Optima Tax Relief?

Ask a question
Great workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 11, 2017
A very great company to be a part of and makes sure their employees have the tools needed to succeed and everyone in upper management always has the time to discuss employee concerns and have them addressed.
Very Professional
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 30, 2017
Very nice place to work with good benefits and pay however they overload the work load. Amazing corworkers and work area. The production goals are a bit out of reach.
Exciting growing company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 30, 2017
Optima tax relief has a great culture and provide great perks for it's employees. Room for advancement and the pay is good. They also provide amazing company events for friends and family to attend.
One of the best place to work
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 22, 2017
It is hard to find the firm that has it all especially in tax resolution business. This is the firm that can be trusted by all parties. It complies with tax law, properly staffs to ensure that all clients get service and it is generous to employees.
The management will stand behind you to do the right things when representing clients before tax authorities.

When I first started, the company was about half the size of what is now. The management greeted everyone by their first name. The firm grew so fast that it turns into more corporate environment and lost it's big family charm. But employees gain more benefits such as better health insurance, retirement plan and more organized administration and support.

People who do good work always be valued. There are a lot of rewards for quality works. The management will leave you alone doing your things but when you need help they always have opened door policy.

This is a good firm for mature professionals who take pride and take ownership of their work.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, many fun activities year round, no micromanagement (if not necessary)
Cons
Deadlines and work load (the classic con of tax business), parking can be challenging sometimes
Not sure
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 20, 2017
Feels more like a High school environment from the upper management on down. Lot of clicks and if you didnt belong in the right click or in 1 at all, not much job security.
March 26, 2018

Meh
Case Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 2, 2017
I was a Case Analyst at Optima. This place has low pay at $15 and they expect everything to be perfect. There is little time to learn everything. Bosses yell at you when things go wrong. Work is not fun, as you get corrections every time you do something wrong.

On a more positive note, most co-workers were very friendly, and willing to help when need be.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low pay, work not interesting
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We do set standards for all of our teams and we want to provide the best for our clients which is why we ask our employees to provide the best for us. We pride ourselves on hiring people who truly have an eye for detail and find a way to get the best possible solution for our clients. Since we are in charge of helping people who are in very difficult and sensitive tax situations, we have to make sure everything we do is honest, transparent and accurate. Anything we can do to help our clients-we will definitely try our best to! We are sorry that you did not enjoy the work with us, however, we will take your feedback to our management teams to review and help us improve.

We are glad, however, that you had a great team of co-workers and hopefully made some friends! Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

Values Diversity and Celebrates Employee's
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 28, 2017
Company truly values employee happiness; seems they understand that happy employees make productive employees. Break rooms are fully stocked, plenty of company events/outings, fun events during work (like ping pong/pool tournaments, lots of fundraisers for local charities.They also have great benefits for all employees. I would say most management is kind and caring, some seem a little more standoffish than others. Attendance and point system (for attendance) could use some updating, but overall not bad.
Pros
Great benefits, fun place to work, values diversity
Cons
point system, attendance policies
It was Not the best place to work but definately not the worst
Senior Tax Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 26, 2017
Do I really have to give a review I liked all the people that worked there just not necessarily what they sell I feel like something shady may be going on
March 22, 2018

We are glad you got along with everyone from OTR and we are sorry you didn’t believe in what we were providing for our clients. We work directly with the IRS to verify all accurate information as well as staff Enrolled Agents and Tax attorneys to assist our clients with difficult tax situations . Optima Tax Relief is a Tax Resolution (tax representation) firm that helps people solves their IRS tax problems. We work to build relationships with our clients and the IRS alike so we can offer representation to taxpayers with a variety of tax complaints. We are an A+ BBB Accredited Business that provides services and programs to assist consumers and businesses. The BBB has determined that Optima meet BBB accreditation standards, which includes a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Thank you for all your hard work during your time with Optima and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Great Culture and Work-Life Balance
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 22, 2017
Since I started working with Optima, I've experienced and seen nothing but great things! The overall benefits are great and I really enjoy the culture. There are lunches catered and many tickets raffled away. I'm also happy to say the company does a great job at providing work-life balance. I especially enjoy taking advantage of the optional days to extend the weekend or holiday. The company really values their employees and clients and I look forward to growing within.
Pros
Free lunches, optional days
Cons
Vacation accrual
Optima
Tax Prep Support/Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  tax prepMarch 6, 2017
Fun environment
Close to multiple freeways
Has great benefits
Enjoyable atmosphere
Close to the beach
Great management with employees
Pros
Pto

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Tax Relief. Our community is ready to answer.

Optima Tax Relief Reviews by Location