Optima Tax Relief

taxreliefcultureiveclientemployeeteamlot

Fun and supportive!

Featured review

Optima Tax Relief selected this as a representative review
OTR had a really good work culture and spent a lot of time (in my opinion) making sure the workers felt valued. I appreciated that there was a lot of opportunity to move up and try different things!

Mailroom

Not sure how I feel about this company fast paced no experience in field. To get hired, most people are friendly early shifts at my department reimbursement at least when I used to work there

Optima Tax Relief insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Not a bad team but low pay and unrealistic expectations

I worked here a couple years ago, it was great until COVID hit. They handled it terribly by being slow to respond to the crisis. The pay is not enough for the work you're expected to do.

Everything was fine except management

My only complaint is that management had no clue what they were doing. TONS of drama and no one was on the same page about procedures. It could've gotten better since I was there but I doubt it if the same people are still in charge. HR was a nightmare and they didn't handle the COVID pandemic well at all.

verification specialist

It’s a ok job very repetitive. Calls are recorded no bonus but you Learn from tax relief you need to type at least 45 wpm performance is also monitored

Best company I've ever worked for.

the best company I've so far worked forexcellent managerial involvement and supportrespectful and organized work environmentemployee team work is a fundamental part of the company's culture.great opportunities for additional training and promotion.

Optima Tax Relief welcomes new hires, promote from within, great culture, work home balance and management is approachable and very supportive.

A typical day for me is working with our training department challenging ourselves to create training material and resources for our various departments to enhance not only their work performance but best practices for work, home balance. Management is very supportive, appreciate our efforts and welcome new ideas. At this time there are no hard parts. What I enjoy most is the team I work with and the support of the entire company. Optima has a lot of company and family events, activities for the kids, culture circles, volunteer programs and just an over all great place to work.

Encourage and self growth

Optima is a great place for self motivated individuals. I have been here for a few years and it’s a great place to work at. Work life balance is nice. I only work Monday through Friday weekends are always off and I get off in time to attend soccer practice and games for my so . It’s definitely a great place to grow personally and professionally

Pros

Great people and great environment. Provides a lot of growth potential

Cons

No cons it just dependent on how hard you try at your job

flexible hours

Good management, hours are good, and compensation is above average.The company has a good culture and the managers all want you to succeed. They give you good training too.

Avoid this Company

There is no advancement here and when they do advance people it's always the one that are very incompetent that's why so many good people end up quitting. The managers are unresponsive and there are no structure.

Good to begin with

Sometimes executive leaderships decisions really leave you wondering if you they care about you the way they say they do. I was happy but now feel undervalued

Best Paying Sales Job In Orange County

Fun Work environment; great personalities. I love my job. They've helped me every step of the way, even when I've made mistakes, they've helped me to be better. I LOVE OPTIMA!

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Cons? What's that? LOL! NOTHING IS BAD HERE

Productive and promising

Productive promising , very good work environment, management is awesome , close knit workplace , great pay , healthy environment , commission pay is very good compared to other positions

Cons

Not bad but nothing to rave

It's okay. Benefits & pay are mediocre. Trying too hard to establish culture. Weird personalities. Management are not capable to be managers/ directors.

Good team environment. Everyone wants to succeed.

Good work life balance. Work hard and you will be compensated fairly. Management is there to help and guide you to succeed. If you don't ask for help / coaching then it's on you.

Pros

good hours and active management

Great Culture

The company culture is awesome. They do a lot of events in office as well as off-site in the community. Management is horrible and awarded based on favoritism and most team leads are not qualified.

Loved the company

I moved out of state or else I'd still be working for them. One of the best places I've ever worked for. Team environment, where everyone worked together. Crazy potlucks and social activities.

Good for now

I started a few months before the pandemic and the money is great, the job is easy but the management could be better and there's a lot of preferential treatment. Management is either non-existent or micromanaging. They have their favorites and the rest of us are pretty much ignored unless our numbers are low. Lots of turnover and a lot of people fired within the first 3 months. Working from home is nice but in the office there's a lot of gossip and cliques which gets old but management pretty much ignores it's happening so I guess we do too. Not much growth opportunities beyond team lead. Overall I would say its good for now but not somewhere I want to stay for too long.

toxic/ low pay/ bad management

Favoritism. Favoritism.. If you’re not their favorite, they step on you like egg shells. Management is horrible. Communication is the worst. Management became even worse during remote work. The pay is not enough. Commission restructure is always redone making you make even less income. Which is discouraging rather then encourage employees to work more. Management takes forever to reply to messages and emails. The pay is not enough for the work we do. Instead they add additional work on top of your job title that was never part of the original job description and yet not even additional pay for the extra work they’re including on topOf your current work. You then fallBehind in your work and it’s your fault if you’re notOn top of it yet they’re adding even more work on topWhich is difficult to even keepUp. There’s only so many hours in a day. The stress is not worth it. I used to enjoy my job. I then started to hate to come in everyday.

Zero feedback and a very short leash

I was blindsided when i was let go after 3 weeks. No feedback or a heads up that my job was in jeopardy. I believe it was a blessing in disguise because who would want to work for people like this. No development after training. I would suggest you keep looking unless you really need a job.

Be prepared to be busy always non stop calls that are being recorded

YOU CANNOT MISS WORK AS A CASE MANAGER IF YOU DO BE PREPARED TO PLAY CATCH UP FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS! No one will help you catch up. Horrible set up nothing but mean clients always yelling at you. If you do not meet a certain number you will get a write up. To top it off you get 1 point when you call off and 1/2 a point when you are late. The pay is fair however case managers should be making more than anyone else since they do most of the work.

Pros

The CEO is really nice

Cons

Work flow, point system, too much work to handle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Tax Relief. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Optima Tax Relief with

Learn about Optima Tax Relief in popular locations

• Optima Tax Relief
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?