Optima Tax Relief
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Working at Optima Tax Relief in Santa Ana, CA: Employee Reviews

Santa Ana, CA73 reviews

taxreliefcultureiveclientemployeeteamlot

Inclusive, fun culture, however processes and protocols need a revamp

The structure of workflow could use some reorganizing. I assume it hasn't changed in years and needs to be restructured to adapt to the client scale. The culture is really inclusive and nice. Managers are spread thin though. The training could be more extensive. Though it was not what is use to be, job work/life balance is nice.

Opportunity is gone

For a salesperson, Optima used to be busy and you could make money. Now they can't get the phones to ring. They keep hiring salespeople even though it is slow.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Not enough leads to make the money they say you will make

Optima Tax Relief insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Mailroom

Not sure how I feel about this company fast paced no experience in field. To get hired, most people are friendly early shifts at my department reimbursement at least when I used to work there

verification specialist

It’s a ok job very repetitive. Calls are recorded no bonus but you Learn from tax relief you need to type at least 45 wpm performance is also monitored

Fun and supportive!

OTR had a really good work culture and spent a lot of time (in my opinion) making sure the workers felt valued. I appreciated that there was a lot of opportunity to move up and try different things!

Best company I've ever worked for.

the best company I've so far worked forexcellent managerial involvement and supportrespectful and organized work environmentemployee team work is a fundamental part of the company's culture.great opportunities for additional training and promotion.

flexible hours

Good management, hours are good, and compensation is above average.The company has a good culture and the managers all want you to succeed. They give you good training too.

Avoid this Company

There is no advancement here and when they do advance people it's always the one that are very incompetent that's why so many good people end up quitting. The managers are unresponsive and there are no structure.

Not bad but nothing to rave

It's okay. Benefits & pay are mediocre. Trying too hard to establish culture. Weird personalities. Management are not capable to be managers/ directors.

Good team environment. Everyone wants to succeed.

Good work life balance. Work hard and you will be compensated fairly. Management is there to help and guide you to succeed. If you don't ask for help / coaching then it's on you.

Pros

good hours and active management

Great Culture

The company culture is awesome. They do a lot of events in office as well as off-site in the community. Management is horrible and awarded based on favoritism and most team leads are not qualified.

Loved the company

I moved out of state or else I'd still be working for them. One of the best places I've ever worked for. Team environment, where everyone worked together. Crazy potlucks and social activities.

toxic/ low pay/ bad management

Favoritism. Favoritism.. If you’re not their favorite, they step on you like egg shells. Management is horrible. Communication is the worst. Management became even worse during remote work. The pay is not enough. Commission restructure is always redone making you make even less income. Which is discouraging rather then encourage employees to work more. Management takes forever to reply to messages and emails. The pay is not enough for the work we do. Instead they add additional work on top of your job title that was never part of the original job description and yet not even additional pay for the extra work they’re including on topOf your current work. You then fallBehind in your work and it’s your fault if you’re notOn top of it yet they’re adding even more work on topWhich is difficult to even keepUp. There’s only so many hours in a day. The stress is not worth it. I used to enjoy my job. I then started to hate to come in everyday.

Zero feedback and a very short leash

I was blindsided when i was let go after 3 weeks. No feedback or a heads up that my job was in jeopardy. I believe it was a blessing in disguise because who would want to work for people like this. No development after training. I would suggest you keep looking unless you really need a job.

Be prepared to be busy always non stop calls that are being recorded

YOU CANNOT MISS WORK AS A CASE MANAGER IF YOU DO BE PREPARED TO PLAY CATCH UP FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS! No one will help you catch up. Horrible set up nothing but mean clients always yelling at you. If you do not meet a certain number you will get a write up. To top it off you get 1 point when you call off and 1/2 a point when you are late. The pay is fair however case managers should be making more than anyone else since they do most of the work.

Pros

The CEO is really nice

Cons

Work flow, point system, too much work to handle

Csr

Nothing much to say, although there are a few friendly co workers but there cliques. Can be a fun environment from time to time, performance is strictly monitored. Point system for attendance and half a point for being late

Pros

Late shifts if your not a morning person

Cons

Healthcare can be expensive

Upper Management Step Up

Optima has great team leads and managers who are always available to assist and go above and beyond for employees. I cannot say the same thing about the upper management team for the exception of the CEO who is a great and caring leader. The “Director” for customer service is non existent yet changes in protocols and workflows are always being changed by her with no explanation and zero opportunity to voice your opinion. If you get lucky to bring your concerns to her you are guaranteed to get 100% pushback from her. She constantly goes over the direct authority of leads and causes major confusion in our workflow. She’s a major MICROMANAGER, but somehow never has time to answer direct questions or meet with you, go figure. A department of 50+ employees cannot advance in this company due to her lacking vision of advancement or ( made up protocols on the fly, disciplinary action taken for petty mistakes, etc) she will find a way to hold you back. Optima is okay but definitely could be better. There is a lot of contradictions here with what the company says they want for employees vs what they really do and the client care director is no help to prove otherwise. Good company to work for as a stepping stone, if you have zero experience , and easy to get hired they’ll hire anyone.

Pros

Work from home, Pto, great managers and leads

Cons

Upper management

Official response from Optima Tax Relief

September 3, 2020
Thank you for submitting your review of your experience. At Optima, we take feedback like this very seriously in the development of our team. We appreciate the time you spent here, and wish you the absolute best in your future endeavors.

Not one bad thing to say about this company!

Your typical work day at Optima is at your desk but the company does an amazing job at making sure you are still being active and healthy by providing weekly wellness activities. They provide all kinds of ways to advance within the company and management makes you feel comfortable in your position. I must also say that Optima Tax Relief is one of the best companies I've ever worked for because they acknowledge and show strong appreciation for your hard work every chance they get. It truly makes you feel proud and motivates you to want to succeed even more.

Productive and fun place

In my 1 year and 4 months that i worked here, never really had an issue with anyone. Everyone is welcoming! CEO is very welcoming and they prioritize their employees.

Ehhh

Worked for the company five years. So many changes, none for the better. Attendance system is pretty much unfair. Not so family friendly or understandable when you have kids. If you don’t kiss up to management.... you basically stay put.

Uplifting

You always have something to look forward to. This company constantly challenges you to do your best by creating goals and incentives to reach and make these goals. Family and friendly oriented environment. Lots of amazing activities inside and outside of work including charity work. By far one of the best jobs I’ve ever worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Tax Relief. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Optima Tax Relief with

Learn about Optima Tax Relief in Santa Ana, CA

• Optima Tax Relief
  • Santa Ana, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?