Optimal Health Care Inc Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDMay 8, 2018
A typical Day at work is busy the company have diversity of workers and work ethics. The company is well organized. Everyone is a team player. Staffs are friendly
ohc.
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDApril 7, 2018
not a very friendly work place unprofessional you get blamed for things that are not your fault you don't get paid for hours worked no over time and no paid holidays your life and care comes second not very good place to work for but if you need the job you don't need much to get accepted they offer insurance but it over priced
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
no ensentive
State needs to shut them down.
Staff (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 19, 2018
terrible management, not client oriented, below par wages with no room for advancement and no yearly raises. Missing hours on paycheck, assistant manager has a probationary nursing license. Management is far away and not involved. Caregivers treated unfair. Hostile work environment. Verbally abusive Director. No drug testing. Company clearly going under. Terrible reputation in this area. State needs to shut them down. Doesn't follow rules of Maryland Home Health.
Pros
Cons
Not following laws
Caution
HHA (Former Employee) –  Mchenry, mdFebruary 4, 2018
Please be cautious of this company. The turn over in staff is terrible. When your interviewing everything seems great, as a matter of fact too good to be true,( listen to that little voice and gut feeling ) because once you're hired the real mess starts to surface like missing time from your paycheck, policy's changing constantly, yet no policy in place for real issues, poor training, poor follow through, poor management, poor Adminstration, lack of concern, patients care below par and disconcern. Management turns into a real nightmare and then runs staff off very quickly. As a nurse I would not want my license jeopardized by an agency. Please check out the nurses you are working with and assistant directors license at MBON because YOU ALWAYS want to know who your working with so you can practice safely and feel comfortable. I personally think that a company should be responsible enough to check these things and not put other nurses in this position but the fact is you need to be due diligent. Also the environment is very cut throat, and intense. The pay is always quoted much higher than they actually pay. Always double check your paychecks and vacation time. Overtime is never paid. Raises never happen. Job security is also a real issue here. Don't let this agency ruin it for other agencies their are good ones out there this one is just not it.
Terrible company, not reliable, not client oriented, dishonest, horrific management, , below average pay,
HHA (Former Employee) –  Friendsville mdJanuary 8, 2018
Worst place I've ever worked. Management is horrific, policies are not followed, training is below par as well as pay, clients suffer from the rotating staff and they are not reliable or consistent in care. The go through staff like wildfire, this should have been my red flag as their were many. Their reputation is embarrassing. No loyalty to clients or caregivers. Payroll is a mess. HR is lacking. Management is by far the worst ever. Lost paperwork missing forms. This place is the biggest mess. The poor clients suffer as a direct result. Below par
Pros
Cons
Client care is non existant... treats staff horrible, non compliant with laws, management and nursing is lacking follow up, paychecks messed up
challenging and energizing - innovative
employee (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 4, 2018
I have worked for OHC for three years, and have found it to be a positive environment. If you are willing to work honestly and reliably, taking on predictable challenges for growth, you have a good chance of advancement. Most of the admin staff have been direct caregivers at some point, and they worked their way up. It is very challenging for any home health agency that accepts Medical Assistance, since the state sets the pay rates. There has been some reorganization, expected from any progressive and growing company, in order to streamline processes and the outcome has been very positive for staff and clients. I thoroughly enjoy the collaborative and energizing environment.
Pros
honest, open communication, respect and ethics
Cons
Patients abandonment at its finest
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  MdDecember 13, 2017
I have never seen such a dysfunctional company. Management is almost non existent. Patient care is below par. Pay is below par. HIPAA is a concern as I've heard too many things. Changing hours and pay. Cut throat. Horrible reputation. Pt abandonment is a real issue
Pros
Can think of any
Cons
Pay, care, management, Hr, HIPAA Breach, lies
Not client oriented They dont care about clients just money
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oakland mdNovember 14, 2017
I have been a caregiver for years but I have never seen a company is so much disarray. I tried to stay for my client but I just couldn't. My client ended up leaving as well because she was fed up with the changes. First she lost the nurse she loved, then they changed her schedule, they haven't been out to do a nurse visit, new nurse won't return calls. It's unacceptable, disorganized, the office is tense, the pay is below par. You are expected to drive clients but not get paid. It's a huge liability for $10 and hour. They call you at all hours to confirm hours, not sure why because I clock in and out. They make you run to the office constantly to sign this or that or have mandatory meeting in which you ARE NOT paid for. It's just not worth it. I paid more money in gas, transportation and vehicle repairs than what I ended up making. Mgmt doesn't care about anything about the people who make them money were all replaceable I've been quoted. All areas in this field pays more than this place so look around. Don't let this place ruin your love for Healthcare, a great nurse once said this to me, I miss her!
Pros
Cons
Pay, paycheck.issues, horrible manahement, no room for growth, not client oriented
Very Good Place to work at
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDNovember 8, 2017
the company is a very good company i highly recommend working there, the staff members are professional, i dislike leaving clients i cared for, i enjoyed my clients
NURSE please beware. Not worth losing your license.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 29, 2017
I worked at this company as a nurse and I wouldn't suggest this company to any NURSE. The place is very unorganized an unstructured. I was asked to do things that went against my nursing license. I witnessed a constant breach of HIPAA. My paycheck was always incorrect. Administration was a mess policy always changed or were bent in situations which made it very difficult. When they get audits they make the nurses and caregivers run to the office and sign papers that they "forgot" to have you sign leaving the client without services, your paycheck short because your not paid to run to the office 20x unexpected at the last minute driving sometime 30 minutes one way. Then your expected to make up the time you missed. Nurse have eorked with out licenses and cpr cards only to be caight when an audit came about. Scary. What kind of company does this? The kind so of company that gets fined everytime the commission come because of wrong doing. It's not the kind of place you want your license attached to. It's not worth it nurses.
Pros
I cant think of one???
Cons
No breaks, HIPAA breach, paycheck izsues, underpayed, legality issues
Worst place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mchenry mdOctober 18, 2017
NOT client oriented. No room for advancement. Management is the worst. Low pay. Assistant program manager is hot headed, hostile, and a bully. HIPAA breach is a constant issue at this place. Good luck getting your paycheck. Good luck getting paid all the hours you worked. Company is fraudulent. They won't last long. Upper management never involved.
Pros
Cons
Pay below par, management, no structure. Hostile office
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDSeptember 3, 2017
I love working here. The management is great I haven't had any issues. Everyone in the office is so fun and you can count on them to be there for you.
Pros
Fun, honest, caring
Cons
No cons
Excellent
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDAugust 21, 2017
I love working for this company and the clients I care for. The office atmosphere when I need to go in is happy and fun. They are very caring and put the clients above all.
Pros
Good pay, Flexibal
Great Starter Job
Coordinator of Community Service (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Nice place to start a career working with individuals with intellectual disabilities. Benefits are expensive, but the company is still new so it's understandable.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Health insurance not affordable
Not a bad place
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJanuary 9, 2017
I personally did not like working to this place because they are not family oriented at all. The people whos houses we worked at were nice but the company was not.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not family oriented
Fun and productive workplace when you put your mind to it
Accountant/Payroll and billing manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day consist of reconciling the state approved hours, the hours worked by the caregivers, making necessary adjustments or initiating conversations with the State too correct the various discrepancies.
I learned to develop strategies to balance the multiple work duties.
The management is alright.
My coworkers are great, easy to get along with.
The hardest past of the job is to know how to transmit the various information received.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am dealing with numbers.