Optimal Home Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Low paying orientation in Denver
Case management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
No work life balance. Charted for many hours. Orientation paid $15 dollars a day. No equipment available to take care of patients. little to no help getting the right equipment to care for patients. Too many hours spend at night caring for patients.
Pros
no Pros
Cons
Cost me alot of money to work for this organization
Go somewhere else
Behavioral Health RN (Former Employee) –  Greeley to Aurora, COJanuary 25, 2018
Had to promote my own business leads, even though marketing staff were employed. Only work for my behavioral health nursing was from Greeley to Longmont to Aurora and driving hours a day created long days. Very little availability of supervisory staff with time to address learning needs in orientation activity. Working 7 days a week if counting email responses that were demanded on days off within 24 hours. Oasis had to be reentered with no ability to copy and update. Had to buy own IPAD, No mileage or gas paid. Poor hourly pay for meetings, much computer and emailing required and with behavioral health visits too much time spent on case management and visits for the money. Longer hours every day to get documentation done and correctly. 1 on 1 nursing was the only benefit to me.
Pros
time spent with patients in their home for behavioral nursing care
Cons
too many hours for $ could have flipped burgers for same hourly pay
Subjective management
Home Health Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2018
Owner liked very ow educated staff for his management to puppeteer. PT supervisor was unprofessional and spoke of others she was supervising to her staff,negatively.
Human resources is limited in contact. They hold your paycheck if not take a professional learning course dated 6 plus years ago, out dated.
Pros
If work in Denver
Cons
Don't work here
Great place
HHA (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 2, 2017
I loved working with optimal. Only thing i didn't like was the travel. Otherwise it was good. Management was great. Never had a problem with pay. An got paid every week. That was a plus.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Travel
Amazing Company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 25, 2017
Great Company! I really like the people I worked with. The owners of the company are very caring and want to engage with their staff, which makes you feel appreciated.
Poor salary
Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2017
Poor salary and organization. Constantly "re-structuring". Employees get re-assigned to different departments constantly and there is no consistency at all.
Really take care of their employees
CARE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2017
A typical day involved sitting with nice neighbors and completing phone operations. Paid lunch, AMAZING employee break room, and fairly consistent free food supply. I learned a lot about customer service and vocal skills. Work place culture is laid back but still productive. Management was genuinely involved with staff, sometimes even coordinated BBQs, lunches, and on few separate occasions parties for celebrated staff that were leaving and an expecting mother going for maternity leave. Each time we gathered in that awesome break room, crowded around and shared memories and well-wishes. Hardest part could be the clients, sometimes it's finger pointing. But the most enjoyable part was definitely the workplace culture.
Pros
Amazing Break Room, super flexible scheduling, genuine staff
Cons
Blame Games, Clients, unorganized
No processes in place, severe lack of communication
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2017
Poor quality of care, employees not trained properly, lack of communication, no benefitts or if there are benefits employees paid above what they could personally get insurance for.
Great company
QA / Performance Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 13, 2017
Optimal Home Care is a start-up visiting nursing business that provides quality care to patients on the north-shore of Boston. It is a great company to work for.
Pros
small company, part of team
Cons
It is a friendly company to work for.
RN (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 31, 2017
They offer good support and they also have to have plenty of work available. It feels like a family and the owners are very involved.
Pros
Good support
Cons
You have to dedicate plenty of time to the work after hours.
Medicare/Medicaid Certified Home Health Care Agency
IT/Operations Coordinator - Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Optimal Home Care LLC is a start-up home health care agency in Massachusetts which is just outside it's first full year of operation.
Pros
Professional dedicated caring staff
Outstanding place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
-Friendly clients
-Friendly staff
-Great benefits
-Love making people happy
-Schedule is reasonable
-Gain more experience each day
-Learn a lot more than I thought I could.

Overall I would highly recommend them.
The clients were my favorite part of the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
My favorite part about this job was working with the clients, I loved spending time with them and taking care of them and making their days better. I would not have stayed working at this job for so long if I didn’t love the clients and the fellow staff. Overall it was an excellent job!
Overall it was a great job
Certifed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
Yes I loved this job. I took care of an older couple and they were so great. It was rewarding to help and work with them. I became great friends with them and still in contact to this date.
Awesome job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
I really like this job, it has given me a chance to advance to a managing position. All of the staff got along well, and we were able to efficiently get our work done as a team. The great leadership is also worth mentioning. They were always kind to the staff and treated all of us with respect.
This was a good place to learn various skills, and meet nice people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
This was an interesting field for professional development. I enjoyed meeting new people and networking with staff and people in the medical field. It provided a great opportunity to learn and work.
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
Overall this was an awesome job! The staff was always a joy to work with, the management was respectful and fair, and the clients all had great attitudes. I personally loved this job, and i was so sad when i had to leave for school purposes.
Good pay and a stable job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
A normal workday was relatively laid back, you pretty much choose your schedule so its a breeze to balance your work and normal everyday life. I liked the management because the worked hard with the staff, and always communicated well and respected the staff.
Enjoyed my co workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Optimal Home Care’s management and staff. I had a flexible schedule and I was never micromanaged. The teamwork spirit was also something to mention, everyone worked hard and respected each other. It was a great place to work!
Friendly People
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
It is a great environment, it’s nice to be surrounded by people that care about the patients and their disabilities as much as I do. The management was good as well, they always treated me well and communicated very efficiently.