Optimal Employee Reviews

good company
COMBINATION WELDER (Former Employee) –  exxon baytown texasMay 22, 2019
it was a good company to work for and the staff was great. it was a long shut down and met a lot of interesting people. i would like to work for them again.
Great people and company
Service Parts Cataloger & IT Support (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIDecember 2, 2018
Everyone was friendly and fun to work with. The CEO would throw a great holiday party in the winter and a picnic in the summer. the open-style workplace allowed collaboration with coworkers.
Overall a good company
Senior Product/Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 20, 2017
A start-up company. The leadership was a bit hard to figure out, and to know with any accuracy where you stand. A bit tricky to work remotely, better to be there in the office.
Pros
People
Benefits
Relaxed but competitive
Representative (Former Employee) –  Alamo, TXSeptember 17, 2017
good place to work at if you NEED a job. its relaxed, the pay really isnt that great. management can sometimes be a pain but they only go by once in a while
Some Company Perks
Quality Control and Disposition Lead (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 20, 2017
Once a month, the company has free food Friday. The company is given a budget to order food for all the employees. The budget is alternated to all departments so every department can choose the lunch for that month.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lately its been pizza for the past 4 months
A very nice company
Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 23, 2017
Optimal was a very nice company to work, I enjoyed my every day there, and all workmates are my friends. I mean "are". We have lunch meeting from time to time even now.
Stratus/OPI Audio Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 18, 2017
A typical office job. Come into work and perform your duties. Provide all the reports and information needed, process calls or handle internal problems. It's a great job but there is always need for a change.
Great money
INTERPRETER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2016
You get the opportunity to meet a lot of people and everyday is different, however , hours are not consistent. You never know how many cases you will get on a weekly basis.
Satisfying job
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2014
Extremely mentally stimulating. As I work from home I had a very strict work schedule and ensured that I worked at a rate of 6 - 8 hours per day.

I learned many aspects of thousands of brands all over the world.
I was able to see which companies had the biggest market share in their particular products.

Contact I had with co-workers was only via email and when I needed help, all the people I had contact with were very helpful.

Management was also only contactable via email and I found management to be fair and helpful.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring that I kept a very strict time schedule.

The most enjoyable part was getting to know lots of information from the internet about various companies and brands.
Pros
Chose my own working hours
Cons
Missed company of people at times as I worked alone at home.
Diversity Combined with a lot of Community relations opportunities
Consultant /Owner (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Self employed. Spent a great deal of time in the community networking and creating relationships with business owners. I served on several non profit boards which was very fulfilling. I was able to utilize my Financial, marketing, Fundraising and management skills with each contracted job.
Pros
Make as much or a little money as needed.
Cons
no health insurance
basic help desk
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2012
It was a basic help desk job. Fill in tickets and escalate them to the higher up teams to get them resolved.