Optimus Health Care, Inc Employee Reviews

IT/EMR/System Administration
IT (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Optimus. If you are willing to work hard and learn new technologies , this is the place to work. You have the full backing of your manager to do your job. The IT director and top management all support IT staff .This is a job for people who are self starters and organized. As in all communtity health centers you will find yourself wearing many hats and can be stressful at times but you are working with some great people and that makes working there worthwhile . The job is rewarding plus you have the satisfaction of knowing that you made a difference in the community.
Pros
Great co workers, new technologies, good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 27, 2019
Work days are busy put productive.
Management is very inclusive and it down to earth. I love working in an organization that makes you feel like family.
Pros
Great Management
Fast paced, friendly, competitive providers, good benefits and good managers.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 1, 2019
I worked at Optimus Health Care for 10 years I earned knowledge on how to understand the progress notes contest. Providers where a good resource at time of need. Heavy phone calls to schedule many appointments on a daily basis for all providers. I moved then to work at St Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport, Ct as a Patient Registrar.
Pros
increase medical knowledge
Cons
no promotions
Very Stressful Work Place
Call (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 17, 2018
This will be the most stressful job you will ever have and it has EVERYTHING to do with management. If you’re seeking a stressful work environment with a controlling atmosphere and very low morale and a manager that does nothing but sit behind a screen ALL day instead of assisting when needed/encouraging you then OPTIMUS is the place for you! Oh, and don’t expect to be able to converse with your co-workers because that’s certainly not allowed and you will be written up. However, do expect to often have to figure things out on your own and be trained only by email. Retaliation definitely enforced if you choose to seek help from senior management. Optimus has no respect for it’s employees, a majority of management lack proper schooling/credentials to be an effective manager who choose to make their own rules and can not be trusted. A company that claims to be all about patient care but are more focused on numbers rather than patients or motivating their employees. Save yourself the headache and find a job elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management, Low Wages, Low Morale, High health insurance, Short breaks.
Poor Management
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Extremely low employee morale; very high turnover rate. Horrible communication. No one cares about the work you do or how well you do it; tons of negative criticism and feedback; constant changes on a daily basis; everything is about numbers NOT patients. Incompetent management that trains you by email; management retaliation when you seek help from senior management. I loved working with my co-workers and enjoyed helping patients as best as I could with the little resources given.
Fun, Learning environment
Receptionist/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 22, 2018
This was my first job. Here is where I learned at the early age of 16 what my future could look like I am so grateful for the learning experience. I started as a clerk working for the Human Resources Manager then works my way to different departments in the healthcare facility.
Stressful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 7, 2018
The job wouldn't be so badd if they hired better people management sucks and they expect you to do 10 people's jobs at once. The job wouldn't be so bad if the practice manager had brain and helped the team out instead of sitting behind the screen and call phone. You can't even have a conversation with coworkers... they think they run a slave shop
Pros
Hours
Cons
Slavery
Awful place to work !!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 8, 2018
Management is horrible! nobody knows what they are talking about. Low morale, no respect for their employees, no considerations in family situations, you are just a number in the company! Manager has less credentials and schooling than you. Managers look down to others, don't appreciate anything you could do.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Everything else!
Horrible place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 25, 2018
The management is horrible & it keeps getting worse. No one knows what they’re doing and it’s frustrating working here. The pay is horrible and they want you to do ten jobs . Do not work here even if it’s a last resort. They say they care about the quality of care that they give patients but honestly it’s just about the numbers
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Everything else
Best Experience.
Receptionist/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 9, 2013
I was given the opportunity to learn and escalate on a professional level. I am very great full for this. I worked under pressure and I loved all my patients.
Pros
Over-Time, benefits and much more
No growth advancement/ bad management structure
Former Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 8, 2018
The organization will always have difficulty reaching excellence because they are not focused on motivating their employees. Most of the managers do not have the competencies it takes to be a an effective manager; which is a reason most have no desire in motivating their direct reports. Controlling atmosphere!!!! Employees do not have autonomy here, even if you master in a field. You will have to go through 100 approvals from every C-level position within the organization. Regardless of there being a policy displaying the guidelines for every procedure. They need to focus on diversity, retrain the managers, and removing three C-Level position to change the tone from the top.
I love my job
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 1, 2017
Rewarding, I work for a non profit organization where the need in the population for heath services are great. Helping the undeserved makes me feel good.
Pros
I get to work with a diverse population
Data Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work. I enjoy very much interacting with patients. Work well with staff. I love it so much I thought I would retired there. I miss working there
Fun work place
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 1, 2016
A typical work day for me would have to be assisting patients with all their daily needs, Working closely with providers and front staff to insure a smooth work flow.
Extremely busy
Data Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 11, 2015
I enjoy going to work. I have a good working relationship with co-workers. I am always busy and looking for the next challege.
Pros
Positive attitude
Cons
no commit