Option Care Employee Reviews

Good company to work for if you need industry experience
Reimbursement specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 14, 2018
The company does not care for their employees. No incentives and management is very poor. Very low compensation for billing specialists for the amount of job responsibility they throw at you. The only enjoyable part of the job are the people and the culture that makes work tolerable. However, theres no such thing as job security. During my time working at Option care, i saw many experienced and loyal employees who have been with the company for a long time get fired simply so they can hire newer talent for lower compensation.
Favoritism is HUGE when it comes to keeping your job.
Director does not approve higher pay.
Lunch breaks feel rushed.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, poor management, overworked, no incentives
Busy growing healthcare company
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2018
Work long hours, busy and high paced environment. Typical healthcare environment, pharmacy with focus of patient care being done on phone. IV pharmacy
Stressful environment. Technician aren’t proactive
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 9, 2018
Unstable company. Constantly changing due just business only. Doesn’t care about their staff. Unstable crew. Management needs to improve hiring experienced technician rather than taking short cuts
Pros
Lots of OT if your desperate for $$
Cons
Poor management
Do not work there!! You will be doing the work of 4 ppl for the pay of one
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 5, 2018
Management makes their own rules for different staff and does not follow through with promises. They also do not listen when you explain that something needs change. They don’t let the ppl that do the job make suggestions to improve processes. They don’t value their employees or show compassion unless they are obligated to do so.
Pros
It’s close to the mall
Cons
Frustrations and problems that led to many staff leaving
Every day is different with a fast paced work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 26, 2018
Great place to work in a fast paced office setting. Every day taking care of patients needs. Providing the best customer service. I would stay until the patients were all taken care of with getting out the enteral needs.
Pros
benefits and taking care of patients
Cons
can be over whelming due to the nature of the business
Micro Manage/Favoritism
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 21, 2018
Lots of favoritism and a fair share of harassment. Not family oriented. Managers talk to others about others performance. Expect OT but hard to take time off.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Overall poor senior leadership and HR support
The title doesn't matter (Former Employee) –  Corporate CultureNovember 20, 2018
Option Care was purchased by an investment firm in 2015 and has been on a rapid transformation since then. They are pushing change fast and hard but their change management is poorly executed. They are working from the Lean Six Sigma philosophy to standardize and maximize efficiency which is great but it's not been a smooth road at all. They are centralizing a lot of areas which has been a disaster because there is a lack of accountability. They push out initiatives for everyone to follow with a start date yet the centralized "hubs" don't ever know about it. Just very unorganized and they are stretching the local management teams thin. Unfortunately the profit/bottom dollar really does seem to be the driving forces vs. patient care these days although you won't ever hear the executive team say it.

The HR department is a nightmare. They have a robust HR department for the entire company with several HR partners, talent acquisition, and several other departments. The talent acquisition people don't have a clue and are slow at getting applicants in the door. The HR partners have moved to be employee advocates vs. employer/manager advocate/advisor like I have always been used to. It seems like HR is coddling employees and afraid of the whatif. They are catering to the "me" generation. They work off "perception" not proven accomplishments, evaluations, and other employee/peer interviews.
Do not work at o c
Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 15, 2018
! Poor pay, benefits "ify" NO autonomy, NO ability to self schedule patients or on call, Minimal time to go to MD appointments. patients never get same nurse even if they request a certain nurse. Very poor management.
They state the mission values but are not followed.
work- life balance: no way. don t want or think uyou will have a personal life....a lot of work for little pay and a lot of driving..usual mileage is 1000+/month/ incredibly stressful with no input on scheduling or on call. Schedule can change night before at 500 pm.
Others have commented not enough work...not the case here. work work work, stress, stress, stress then drive drive drive for more stress.
workplace culture: pharmacy supports nursing minimally, AIS is seperate from rest of office and difficult to get help if emergency arises.p[atients have a lot of complaints,DON slow to return calls or resolve issues
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything..would be OK if u are robotwanting work work stress stress & lowest pay in the area
The next step in technician progress
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  NebraskaNovember 9, 2018
I worked in retail pharmacy for 10 years before making this career change. The original transition was a bit difficult as I felt like all of my retail medication and insurance claim knowledge isn't useful in my new role. With time I learned about sterile compounding of anti-infectives and running a BAXA compounding machine for TPN preparations. I had to learn about enteral formula and supply needs as well as supply needs for various IV lines. I am thankful that my office works well as a team of pharmacists and technicians, and my management staff is very involved and upbeat. The whole process of starting new patients can be a little overwhelming due to the number of people involved. It seems to be a lot of hurry up and wait, then we are rushing to complete the pharmacy tasks to get the med out the door in time. The job outside of the clean room is very clinical, you call many patients to get assessments for every fill. This was the biggest change for me from retail was the sheer amount of forms to fill out for every patient contact.
Pros
Good local management, good team, manageable workload
Cons
Old computer operating systems, complicated order entry process.
feels like working in a call center, if that's your thing
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILNovember 7, 2018
To be honest, i really enjoy my job for the most part. However, they are very sneaky when it comes to change. Me and my fellow associates would not be informed of any change in our daily work routine until the day and minute upon arrival and clock in. Every day was different. You never knew if you were actually doing your job well and the way you should be. Never received any praise or a job well done. Feels like the carpet is constantly being pulled from underneath you.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2018
My manager takes the time to hear me and help me with improving my skills. I have a great work life balance and I am very happy with Option Care. I also have room to grow.
Ping pong
Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 6, 2018
Work your butt off literally, from the moment you come in to the moment you leave New management took over and they sucked No Compassion at all !!!!
Pros
the money and it was still not enough
Cons
Started out as a great place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 2, 2018
My coworkers were amazing. Middle management changes happened twice within the one year I was there. The upper management was wonderful when I first started, but then out of nowhere replacements started happening. When I left OptionCare, the entire mood of the company had totally changed. Now the company moral plummeted and upper management is money driven, not patient driven. Patient care is in the toilet with all the outsourcing this company has decided to do.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
money driven company
bad communication
Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 31, 2018
Supposed to be 40 hr/week, but some days I would not work at all and other days I would work 12-16 hour days.
When I had trouble understanding my assignments, my supervisors would give me a 5 minute how to session and then assumed that I understood the problem without asking for feedback. Communication was definitely a major problem.
Supposed to be on call once a month, but rarely had a month with less than 4-6 nights on call, including at least on weekend a month.
horrible place to work
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDOctober 25, 2018
I have never been employed for a company that lacks structure and is very unorganized with poor management that lacks training as well as give no good training to onboarding employees. I suggest no one works for this company as it is a complete nightmare.
Pros
location and overtime
Cons
training
Low stress environment with friendly people and excellent benefits! Great company culture!
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 24, 2018
From my first phone interview until now, being with the company for several weeks, everything has been seamless. Everyone I have encountered has been very friendly and helpful! The company culture is relaxed and low stress.
Unorganized,Constant change,management very rude.supervisor never have answer. You are actually on your own.trying to obtain contracts.always trying t
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 21, 2018
Constant change,management very rude.supervisor never have answer. You are actually on your own.trying to obtain contracts.always trying to figure out on your own
Waste of time
Home Infusion RN (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILOctober 19, 2018
Company has changed tremendously in the last 3 years since taken over by optioncare. Money focused not patient focused. On call is abused. Hours per week have also decreased and as a full time employee you may not even get 20hrs some weeks. Work is not fairly distributed with favoritism running rampant amongst the schedulers/supervisors.Management will retaliate, bully and flat out lie to you. Pay varies from one nurse to another with no rhyme or reason. Upon hire you are told you will be kept within a 15 mile radius of your home but again not true. You can expect to drive 75-200 miles a day.
Dont waste your time with this company.
Pros
Good pay, if you are given the opportunity to actually work.
Cons
Everything.
Prefer not to discuss
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
The company was going through re-structuring and not a good time to be hired. The position was terminated almost immediately upon
hire.

The economy was in trouble. Very bad time for everyone.
n/a
Office Coordinator/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 17, 2018
Not all, but part of management was not very professional. The dress code was not professional, however I did like the fact that I could wear scrubs to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Option Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight