Option Care Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Home Infusion RN (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILOctober 19, 2018
Company has changed tremendously in the last 3 years since taken over by optioncare. Money focused not patient focused. On call is abused. Hours per week have also decreased and as a full time employee you may not even get 20hrs some weeks. Work is not fairly distributed with favoritism running rampant amongst the schedulers/supervisors.Management will retaliate, bully and flat out lie to you. Pay varies from one nurse to another with no rhyme or reason. Upon hire you are told you will be kept within a 15 mile radius of your home but again not true. You can expect to drive 75-200 miles a day.
Dont waste your time with this company.
Pros
Good pay, if you are given the opportunity to actually work.
Cons
Everything.
n/a
Office Coordinator/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 17, 2018
Not all, but part of management was not very professional. The dress code was not professional, however I did like the fact that I could wear scrubs to work
Work somewhere else
Billing & Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 16, 2018
The work environment was very stressful and toxic, the manager treated the employee with little or no respected. The work was not hard but the condition in which I worked in was difficult. Had to leave the environment was taking a toll on my health. Not a good place to work.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Toxic work environment
Terrible place to work now
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILOctober 12, 2018
No Loyalty to long term strong employees
Constant consolidation eliminating great employees
Used to be a great place to work before getting rid of good leadership.
No work/personal life balance
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Terrible Company, poor patient care
anonymous (Former Employee) –  IdahoOctober 11, 2018
I worked in home infusion for 7 years. The company started as a small, local company. Then in 2013, we were purchased by Walgreens, then sold again in 2015 to a financial company in NY. This resulted in a complete turnaround in philosophy from excellent patient care to not caring about the patient at all, everything was about saving money and making the company look great financially. Patients used to call our local office and talk directly to pharmacist, dietitian, intake, billing. Now they call a number that sends them to different offices in Seattle, Chicago, etc. The patients are now just numbers and do not have a personal relationship with their providers, with the exception of nursing. At least they were smart enough to keep local nurses. When I left, they refused to pay me for my PTO accrued. I never called in sick and was responsible enough to keep a lot of PTO built up in case I ever needed surgery or got really sick, this totally backfired and in hindsight, I should have used it up and instead lost a great deal of $$. My plan was to give 2 weeks notice and instead they made me leave the same day I gave notice. HR was no help. My reviews were A+ for all 7 years I worked there. I left because I felt the patients deserved more and there was nothing I could do to make it better. I could go on and on about how the company operates to save money at the expense of patient care, but I will spare you. Never worked for a worse company in my 28 years as a professional!
Pros
no weekends, hours 8-5pm
Cons
disrespect for employees and patients, poor pay
Been under restructuring for years
Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 10, 2018
No accountability. Management is not qualified. It is clear, to never say anything that needs addressed. Restructuring every few months for last few years, causing numerous people to lose their jobs.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Micromanaged to death
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 10, 2018
Download bank statements to post manually to patient accounts
Performed entries to 2 spreadsheets
Management did not listen when concerns were brought up
Enjoyed posting and met all requirements
Pros
enjoyed the work
Cons
Being micromanaged to death
There's always a place for someone
Former member (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 8, 2018
Some people enjoy being intimidated or bullied on a daily basis. This is the place for you. If you've ever been in an unhealthy relationship, then you should fit right in. If you value your health, then maybe you should go elsewhere. The staff employees are amazing, but the supervisors and the management staff need to be replaced to enhance the work atmosphere. I've never seen so many people thrown under the bus until I worked here. There's no accountability whatsoever.
Pros
Neat and friendly co-workers
Cons
management is terrible
Largest independent provider of infusion services
Senior Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 4, 2018
Working with professionals was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Getting patients their medications on time some time was a challenge. The teamwork culture patient care focused was outstanding.
Pros
The people
Cons
spread to thin
Productive workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 4, 2018
top notch facility, great working environment. Always work to do. Long hours. Mostly work over the phone and computer. Hard working people and okay management
relaxed work enviorment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 2, 2018
option care had a relaxed work enviornment,with a grraet staff at my time of employment.it was a great learning experience.as well as a place to make great friends
Pros
great work envirnment
Cons
no advancment
Close to everything.
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 30, 2018
I wish I could get a job at option care in Texas.Love to taking care of Cancer patient.Provide them there need and sometimes love to talk with patients experiences in life.
Terrible place to work
Clinical Coordinator II, LVN (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 29, 2018
This is a terrible company to work for. The RN supervisors are very knowledgeable, and helpful when you have a problem.Corporate doesn't have a clue how to run the nursing department.There is more patients then schedulers.You are over worked and can be overwhelming at first.They are extremely short staff in the field and all the RN nurses are over worked.They accept most patients because they want the money.They love you as long as you do what they need.They do not hire people that are qualified to do the position.The turn over is high.So,its constant training.People stay for a few months then leave.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
Management is horrible.
Great team environment
Benefit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 24, 2018
a real family work environment where all teams; nurses, intake and pharmacy work together for a common goal; patient care. I would like to advance but there is not much room to grow.
Pros
Family like company
Cons
No growth
Learn a lot, Good place to work
ENTERAL PATIENT SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GASeptember 20, 2018
I actually liked it at this job would have loved to cross trained to learn more, I changed jobs for personal reasons but would consider reapplying for a different position.
Pros
Friendly staff, one hour lunch breaks, overall good place to work
Cons
Overtime without warning, late orders that may cause over time, Don't be in a hurry to go home
Bullying, favoritism, unsafe and illegal work practices
Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Illinoi, INSeptember 12, 2018
Horrible experience. Benefits stink, huge disconnect between corporate and the local cmc. Communication horrible, pharmacy puts other orders first before filling the nurses new admit therefore making the nurse work late into evening. On call half the month, never know what hours you are working day to day. Absolutely no work life balance. Manager accepts all referrals regardless of geographical location, placing nurses in unsafe situations. Nurses don’t get the information needed for patient visits. Orders incorrect and most times expected to make visits in the blind.
Pros
Cons
As stated above
No Support
Corporate Cash Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 11, 2018
This company doesnt support their employees in making sure they have the right tools to do their job efficiently. They set their Supervisors up to fail instead of doing good for the company.
A typical day at work
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 6, 2018
The job consisted of meeting quotas and deadlines. Working solely on your own with spreadsheets emailed to you to work from. The spreadsheets could remain the same for weeks on end or they could change to multiple different spreadsheets in one day to review and analyze. The work was extremely repetitive and the goals that were needing to be met were set extremely high so bonuses were unattainable.
Benefits Coordinator
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILSeptember 4, 2018
I’ve worked there for over 8 months and still there is no structure or organization and it’s not gonna getting better. Favoritism and unprofessional from everyone. No people skills whatsoever or communication skills. I was a benefits Coordinator and was expected to be a receptionist claims rep biller collector and authorization follow up. Even HR wanted me to get my W2 so that they can verify my employment. Management don’t assist when needed. The director screams and yells at you.. My hand to GOD. No proper training and training is 4 weeks long the training gives an overall view of everyone job but doesn’t in depth tell you what specifically your job duty is. They are reactive versus being proactive. Over worked and under appreciated and definitely underpaid. Bad leadership. High stress job where everyone throws everyone under the bus to save themselves even management. The system is setup for you to fail.
Pros
Location was ideal for me
Cons
Stress Headache
A job
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2018
It's a place for people with experience in pharmacy. They pay well, you know what to expect from day to day. My only complaints are work/life balance (I work a ton of overtime) and being able to get help for major problems (I have to solve those myself with little input from upper managment on how to appropriately proceed).
Pros
Expectations are clear. Work can be counted on.
Cons
Short breaks, no lunches, lots of overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Option Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight