Options Clearing Corporation Employee Reviews

Featured review
Options Clearing Corporation selected this as a representative review
Outstanding Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2017
The Options Clearing Corporation plays a critical role in the financial industry. As such, everyday matters. Hard work will pay off in salary and career advancement. The high performance culture is appreciated by those who like to be rewarded for hard work.
Freedom to Excel
FP&A Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2019
The organization give you room to excel by given you new task that requires you to research and use your best judgement to solve such task. You are required to present your findings for peer review and suggestions before finalization. The result will be place on the department share folder for general use withing the unit and department to guide upcoming young accountant joining the firm in future.
Pros
Group dialogue
Cons
Fun time
Strategic Sourcing
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2018
I contracted for a short time here. I worked with Oracle which helped me expand my skills. I worked with the developers which were great people to work with. Everyone is on the same page on achieving a common goal.
Pros
It was a great work environment.
Cons
This was only a temporary position.
Less than zero
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2018
This place IS the systemic risk. There is near zero integrity and a definite lack of granular understanding of the business as a whole. "Leadership" does almost nothing with the exception of "controlling the narrative" to cover their gross inadequacies.
Pros
The checks clear...so far.
Cons
Everything else.
Strong Company with Room to Grow
Application Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Strong Company with Room to Grow! OCC is strong market utility that demands organization and well defined processes. The company is going through a major transformation in terms of technology and implementation strategies. Great opportunity for anyone looking to learn something new.
Pros
Salary, People, Industry
Cons
Stressful at times, Organizational Change
N/a
Corporate Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2018
Good place to work. Management was okay. Location was bad. Cubes were small. Culture was not diverse. Enjoyed salary and benefits. Did not learn anything.
Production Focused Family Environment
Clering Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 1, 2018
The OCC was a great employer that focuses on efficiency and enhancement of processes, and innovation while maintaining a family environment. Great place to work!
People at OCC are great.
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 25, 2018
The people at OCC are wonderful to work with and overall folks have a great attitude. Software development has recently shifted away from waterfall toward agile/lean processes. Unfortunately there continues to be a need to streamline the controls for moving code into production, however progress is being made in this area.
A great place to work
Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
I have been with the company for over 30 years. I have enjoyed my tenure there.

In the beginning of my career at OCC it was "family" oriented and I enjoyed going to work every day. Over the past 5 years the company has changed...new CEO and corporate management. Hiring more and more employees to where the company doubled in size. The "family" feel was no longer there. All the original employees either retired or was let go myself included.
Challenging environment but callaborative
Manager, Storage Technologies (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2018
There is a good working environment at the OCC. It is a by the book environment, so there is not a lot of ability to travel too far outside the box. It is very process and procedure oriented.
Pros
Social events
Cons
Fairly unforgiving of lapses or mistakes
Interesting and challenging work
VP (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Days at OCC are not boring, there is a lot coming at you each day but there are also many people willing to help. There have been clear messages about what to focus your time on, and for those who enjoy variety there is plenty to be had here.

If you are organized and flexible and embrace challenges this is a fantastic place to work where you can be visible and make a difference.
Pros
Fast pace, collegial environment, location
Cons
Not many, OCC has a lot going for it
A Place where we can Explore New things.
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
I learn many new things in this organization.
A good management where they support to explore things.
A work Place where one can enjoy as well work with peace of mind.
High stress and turnover
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXSeptember 11, 2017
HI stress, high turnover. One manager was absentee and would rarely respond to anything. You were told work was being assigned and it never happened. Long period waiting for next steps, that often don't happen. Other bosses largely absent. Lots of turnover. Big boss frequently walking through office screaming loudly at any and everyone, and then sometimes nice. Nothing was open or clear. One day's direction became the next day's "why did you do that"
Pros
high pay, task oriented
Cons
very stressful, disorganized, angr
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Keller, TX relocating to Las ColinasSeptember 1, 2017
Because of the SEC and OCC being considered one of 8 companies that are "too big to fail" they're extremely key on security and doing this perfect. Some people think it's over board and too much but I loved that amount of attention to detail.
Pros
Monthly free lunches and competitions for who made the best hot sauce
Nothing goo
CLEARING MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
I really have nothing to say about this company. It is full of empty lies. The managers and for the most part VP and higher are terrible. I can say one thing, I have met some nice people there.
Had great benefits and salary was good
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Since we were a satellite office, we were out of site, out of mind and therefore Head quarters would tend to forget about us. Our NY office was small but I ran the office with a great group of people.
Work here as a last resort, job instability
Sr. System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
Job security is unstable due to continous management changes and non transparancy from management regarding goals and changes of the company. Take caution accepting the role.
Unstable work environment
Sr. Cloud Architect Consultant (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXMay 30, 2017
All the wrong people in the leadership roles. Extremely territorial where leadership looks for their benefit instead of company's or organization's as a whole
No fun gamwa
Software Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXApril 20, 2017
Good place to work but not good work life balance. I would rate 3 out of 5. The reason why is because the raises are so low and they work their people to death.
Benefits
Cons
Long working hours
More Compliance work than technical work
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2016
Since becoming a SIFMU, compliance and regulation have taken over every facet of work at The OCC. I would not recommend this company unless you enjoy paperwork.
great talent and great place to work.
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 19, 2016
great place to work. There is a lot of talent here, people are friendly and willing to help each other out.
Typical day: balance of design and code
coworkers are honest and trust worthy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Options Clearing Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Options Clearing Corporation Reviews by Location