Options Clearing Corporation

United States51 reviews
Featured review
Options Clearing Corporation selected this as a representative review
Outstanding Company
The Options Clearing Corporation plays a critical role in the financial industry. As such, everyday matters. Hard work will pay off in salary and career advancement. The high performance culture is appreciated by those who like to be rewarded for hard work.
Excellent place to work
It's a fantastic place to work with a great environment. I would highly recommend job seekers to look for an opening with this company. They are very supportive of your professional career.
managers dont care
the supervisors dont really give you help on new products . they have you read and sign on how to do it but first day when you male a mistake they say that you agreed to knowing how to do it. You need help when it is something new they dont do that
Ok Culture. Management has much to be desired
Benefits are great. Company going through transition and a lot of changes. Company is moving to full DevOps culture and micro-services Infrastructure with the goal of building a lean technology team.
They don't want to help you succeed
I spent a year and a half at this company and they did not offer an improvement plan until they offered Severance papers. There was no coaching or help given. Just get better or get out.
Dynamic
A great place to learn about the option clearing process. You will be able to learn about the derivative's markets, infomemos, member firms and how the interact with the OCC.
Challenging Work
Opportunities to gain experience across a broad spectrum of domains within the financial services industry, particularly in a highly regulated environment.
Productive worplace
Skilled employees in an easygoing environment. The management tends to be dull and not especially accomplished in their fields, but what do I know, I'm working for them.
It was great
My experience working at The OCC was great! I really enjoyed working with everyone in my department and people in other department. Everyone was really helpful.
None at all. Bad management and lack of thought leadership which resulted in lot of attrition over the last few years. Recently there was a SEC fine totaling to $30M due to non regulatory compliance issues
Starts out fun with a smile and later looking stressed. Fun activity are the grill-outs.
I recommend anyone to try the company and make their own assessment. It could be good for some. I enjoy my job because no two days are the same. I get to work with different vendors.
There are a lot of volunteer events
The culture is fast paced and they company is currently undergoing a change. The benefits are competitive and there is a work from home program, the company supplies you with a laptop.
Enjoyable place to work
Friendly employees, management allows flexibility for a great work/life balance. Free food provided often. I have been given opportunities to learn a lot and try new things.
Pros
Free lunches, great salary
Strategic Sourcing
I contracted for a short time here. I worked with Oracle which helped me expand my skills. I worked with the developers which were great people to work with. Everyone is on the same page on achieving a common goal.
Pros
It was a great work environment.
Cons
This was only a temporary position.
Less than zero
This place IS the systemic risk. There is near zero integrity and a definite lack of granular understanding of the business as a whole. "Leadership" does almost nothing with the exception of "controlling the narrative" to cover their gross inadequacies.
Pros
The checks clear...so far.
Cons
Everything else.
Strong Company with Room to Grow
Strong Company with Room to Grow! OCC is strong market utility that demands organization and well defined processes. The company is going through a major transformation in terms of technology and implementation strategies. Great opportunity for anyone looking to learn something new.
Pros
Salary, People, Industry
Cons
Stressful at times, Organizational Change
N/a
Good place to work. Management was okay. Location was bad. Cubes were small. Culture was not diverse. Enjoyed salary and benefits. Did not learn anything.
Production Focused Family Environment
The OCC was a great employer that focuses on efficiency and enhancement of processes, and innovation while maintaining a family environment. Great place to work!
People at OCC are great.
The people at OCC are wonderful to work with and overall folks have a great attitude. Software development has recently shifted away from waterfall toward agile/lean processes. Unfortunately there continues to be a need to streamline the controls for moving code into production, however progress is being made in this area.
A great place to work
I have been with the company for over 30 years. I have enjoyed my tenure there.

In the beginning of my career at OCC it was "family" oriented and I enjoyed going to work every day. Over the past 5 years the company has changed...new CEO and corporate management. Hiring more and more employees to where the company doubled in size. The "family" feel was no longer there. All the original employees either retired or was let go myself included.
Challenging environment but callaborative
There is a good working environment at the OCC. It is a by the book environment, so there is not a lot of ability to travel too far outside the box. It is very process and procedure oriented.
Pros
Social events
Cons
Fairly unforgiving of lapses or mistakes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Options Clearing Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Options Clearing Corporation Reviews by Location