Optiv Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Benefits are bad
IT Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
i enjoyed my time at Optiv. I left mainly because of travel and i was having a new baby and the health benefit cost were way too high. My direct manager was great. he shielded us from the upper level management, so can't speak too much on them. I was paid a decent salary, but probably should have been paid more. They change the bonus structure which went from pretty good to pretty bad.
Pros
Work/life balance, vacation time
Cons
health benefits and salary/bonus
Remote worker - no management provided
PUBLIC SECTOR OPERATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 22, 2018
The position and responsibilities didn't receive the support or development needed to grow. There was self paced training available such as Excel and Salesforce.
Pros
Recharge
Rocky times for Optiv
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 23, 2018
Very unstable company. No clear direction, losing employees left and right, poor culture that is ruthless, volatile, unmotivating. No stability, numbers, numbers, numbers....

People are insignificant, just another cog in the expense cycle.
Horrible place to work
It Asset and Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 21, 2018
Service desk in Overland Park is really an adult day care. Employees endure favortism, gossiping and rumors. Management and HR don't do anything about it even if they know.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
People
Growing pains
Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 24, 2018
Optiv may be a great place to work for a new applicant. Those who previously worked for Fishnet or Accuvant before the merger fought through the challenges of being acquired by two different private equity companies, the merger that resulted in Optiv, and a lot of hard work and growing pains that were not recognized or rewarded after the dust settled.
Presently Floundering but has Potential
Director (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 7, 2018
Optiv struggles to find it's identity. As the largest cyber-security provider around, we seem to be more focused on growing bigger than takin care of our existing customers. We lack a true vision and direction for where we want to be in 5 years other than the largest provider of blah blah blah....
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Fast Paced and High Profile Industry
Cons
Uncompetitive Salaries and Benefits
Lack of Trust in their Employees
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2017
Optiv wants to be better to their teams and employees but that is not happening. Leadership doesn't want to listen to their employees. The employees have ideas and opinions on how to do things but they don't seem to matter.
Great people, Poor leadership
Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2017
The industry attracts passionate people who are the best at what they do, but the leadership cannot figure out how to deliver solutions to meet the customers' needs.
My Personal Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 20, 2017
You can make greatness here. Like any employment there are strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for individuals and the organization to grow. I will say the efforts and support put in by my management and leadership is just one reason why I like working here.

With an organization such as Optiv, it does have it's growing pains it goes through as it adjusts to become a more well refined/oiled machine.
Pros
Recharge, Remote Work, Flexible Hours
Cons
Salary, Benefits, Processes
Evolving company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMay 30, 2017
Company was in the midst of going public, when I joined for contract work. Account Manager was great and always accessible to discuss client issues. Good pay for the level of work required.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Bad customer

Want to know more about Optiv?

Ask a question
Awful Work Environment- Keep Searching
Threat Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2017
This company has gone down since the merger. The new management has turn a once solid IT security team into a chaotic help desk. With the old thinking that audits, cyber forensics and overall IT security issues can be handle like a password reset call.

Typical day is being complained at by members of your management, the sale team and various members of other teams. They segregate the teams and overload the hardest workers and then expect them to work hard while strictly criticized for any push back to have the appropriate team to work on the issue.
Overall punish the innocent environment.
Even if you prove management wrongdoings, they will have clandestine meetings to create policies they can hide behind.

Nepotism and cronyism is abundance, so don't expect a fair and equitable pay or promotion from within.

Keep searching
Pros
Work from Home, Free soda & coffee
Cons
Management, Culture, Everything
Optive as a place to work
Member of Advisory Board (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2015
I don't really work there. Being an advisor on the board provides me a limited view. However, everyone I know that works there loves it. They are all extremely excited and energetic. The CEO is amazingly supportive and helps drive the mission.
Co-workers
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 20, 2015
Co-workers are wonderful and the company take care of Temp workers very well. Breakfast and Lunch are offered by the company.