Optoro Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Exciting and growing company
Senior Product Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2018
Optoro has an enjoyable environment that seems to always be moving and changing, mostly for the better. Company has been on a steady growth curve the last few years and doesn't look like they're going to slow down anytime soon.
Pros
Office perks and Working remote opportunities
Cons
Pay vs other similar industry companies
Poor Management with lack of HR training
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 10, 2018
I recently worked at this company through a temp agency. During my first week I was amazed at the music that was played with all kinds of profanity, racial slurs and offensiveness. They finally stopped doing this after complaints. The management talked to the employees any kind of way or was too much of a buddy with certain employees to correct inappropriate behavior. They would match you to do production with people that made it difficult to complete your assignment without slowing you down. Overall I didn't have a good experience working here. Unless you are desperate, I wouldn't recommend this place.
Pros
Working 4 (10) hour days allowed you to have weekends off
Cons
Management lacked training to be professional.
It's a open door to get ahead or well on your way to what you truley want to do in life .
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 27, 2018
Do what you have to do while you can. It's a Warehouse in My Juliet it's more competitive than anything within the work place . Great people hard supervisors could be better in tune with the employees
Pros
Social
Cons
Competitive
very fun
Return department /Receive Intake/Shipper/Tester (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 12, 2017
Best job .sad part the close the Maryland location down..it was very nice place everybody there was so sweet and we had celebrated every Holiday.at the job they would bring us lunch and plus we had fun on the time we work on Saturday ,
Pros
very fun
Cons
warehouse
Electronic testing specialist
Electronic Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 13, 2017
Not so great of a company as management does not keep true to their word. they tend to string people on with their job positioning and do not give out good promotions.
Very relax, employee friendly work experience with ok compensation.
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 2, 2017
The job of testers are to test the product for functionality, condition & then grade the item based on what you have tested so the item can then be resold on companies retail site. It's not the hardest job, you just need to be very detail oriented & focused. Tester are required to test as many items a day as possible with great accuracy. Sometimes management could make the job much harder than it needed to be but overall management was ok. Culture of company was a very laid back one with young owners who would pay for monthly lunches & summer trips to the beach. Most enjoyable part of job is the people who work here are just great. Hardest part is being promoted because of office politics & favoritism.
Pros
Free monthly lunches, paid summer beach party & really great co-workers.
Cons
Politics, Have to be friends with management to advance regardless of how well your doing at your job.
over all a good place to work
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 24, 2017
This was a good place to work. They are a new company and have many things to improve and are working on that. The HR is a very caring lady and tries her best to take care of the ppl there if there is a problem she will try her best to fix it.
Pros
the company provides free meals every once in a while to show appreciation
Fun and friendly enviorment
Returns (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNApril 13, 2017
Very fun place to work, lots of friendly faces and very easy. The only problem I had was the management. They belittled the workers and tried to make us out to be simpletons. They would give false promises and not deliver.
Great people, culture, and space
Office Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  HQ in DCFebruary 23, 2017
Optoro was an amazing place to work at, especially for my first internship experience. The people were kind and helpful, and every day there was something new and exciting. All the departments work well together, so you get to know the company and it's employees very well.
It's a great place to work but...
Test and Grade (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 21, 2016
There is a lack of communication between upward management and departments. The job is pretty easy but micromanaging is a problem in the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the employees and also some of the perks we get here.
Pros
Company Lunches, Outings and Events
Cons
Micro-managing.
Great up and coming com;any
Electronic Testing Specialist- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
All around great company. Must be willing to go above and beyond everyday. Everyone is held the to same standard. You can come to work in slacks and a tie. Or you can come to work in tennis shoes and shorts.
Fun workplace with a wonderful Company with great co workers
Office Manager/Onsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNDecember 18, 2015
Was a lot of fun working with employees helping them succeed in a long term career. The Company loved coming up with incentives for employees to let them know what a wonderful job they where doing. Being able to go out on the floor and interact with the employees and assist with any needs or questions they may have.
The management took us to company beach trips and had fun christmas parties
IT Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 11, 2015
The company is a growing one that focused on computer refurbished fixed goods and helped me maintain the experience I needed to grow in my field so overall I am thankful.
Pros
Com[pany lunches to review the month expectations
Cons
No sick leave or paid hoildays
Productive and Fun Work Place
QualityControl Specialist/Lead Trainer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 17, 2015
Optoro was Productive and Fun Work Place taught me new skills and ambition my favorite part was training the new employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optoro. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Optoro Reviews by Location