Optovue Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good company to start. Bad management
Product Development (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 25, 2018
You would gained a lot of experience working in medical device company and working with cross-functional department. Learned a lot on product development cycle, NPI process, manufacturing processes, logistics & cost analysis, root cause analysis, FDA audits & compliance, etc.

However, this company has no culture to work together toward common goals. Every divisions care only for themselves. IT'S START FROM THE TOP. Every poor management decision, incompetence new executives, underachieving new hires, lack of products and customer understanding, causes so many chaos in day to day task and projects. Frustration and low morale!

Arguments among individuals from different departments, conflicting decision making, meetings after meetings with no solid solution, broken processes/rules, changing documentation/BOM/ECN were shortsighted that causing project delays and failed audits (internal/external). Out of control!
Pros
Flexible work hours. Great coworker & team. Free coffee & cup noodles
Cons
Poor management, no real project manager, short-sighted decisions, no advancement.
Energetic and friendly workplace
Sr. Planer/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Most employees tend to start the day early. Employees are able to start the day by having free hot coffee or tea, also healthy snacks. Problem solving becomes routine which motivate employees to think outside the box and be creative.
Mixed feelings
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 22, 2017
Certain departments are well-run with great managers, but some are not. Employees are culturally divided and it is very unfortunate. It was a good experience to get the exposure to production, design, and marketing. Once hired, salary does not move much.
Pros
certain department managers
Cons
cultural divide, low compensation
More disappointment than excitement on a daily bases.
Sr. Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 25, 2017
Lack of communication from the top down increases the frustration and confusion of bad decisions. Many factors such as in fighting between departments has created an environment where important departments do not work together very well.
Pros
Some friendly people
Cons
Very separate culturely, no focus on team work.
Great company but terrible management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 28, 2016
The CEO of this company is great. I loved working here until bad management change.

I gained plenty of experience in many different fields in a short amount of time. However, the workload here is quite insane. Overtime was common and many of my co-workers would work weekends more often than not.
Pros
Great experience, Great co-workers
Cons
Micromanagement, Low pay, High workload without proper compensation
Great place to work at.
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 28, 2016
Optovue is a fun place to work at. They keep you busy through out the day so time goes by fast. My boss was great. I had many friends there.
Great Co-workers and Friendly Place to work
R&D Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 8, 2016
Optovue, Inc. is a friendly work place to start your career, but not such a great place to further advance. Hardest part about this job is the fast paced environment of a startup, but that is also the most interesting part of the job. I learned a lot from working here because this was my very first job outside of college, but I would not recommend staying in this company for long unless you are in a management position or higher.
Pros
Incredibly friendly coworkers and management, Yearly company dinners during holidays
Cons
Very slow advancement to a higher position, Small cafeteria with little to offer for snacks
As Manager I always Respecting all my co-workers and Fully support them always there when they need that why I cam in 2-3 hours before and stay 1-2 ho
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 27, 2015
My attitude not let it fail!!
So I always take challenging last minutes task to complete it then create stress for self.
More than company expectation.
Winning team and 59 Second management. Using Theory X and Y Management Skill.
Always Happy and Respected.
Materials Shortages but I can create work around to by time when materials arrive then quick turn around to meet customer expectation.
Meet the company Goal Target.
Pros
Free Lunch montly if Company Goal meet Target
Cons
Plexible due to require if need to get rusk order done for ship.
Love this job.
QC Packer/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 17, 2013
Wake up 7 in the morning, but worth it cause the people there are great. I learn how to package different materials, how to stock and organize. Hardest part about the job is the Schedule of the shipments cause you gotta get it done by a certain time. Most enjoyable are the people that work there.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Shipment Schedules
Produtive
Assembler / Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA.March 27, 2013
Mon. to Friday
Optovue scanner
Good management
To assembly the laser sub-assembly
To learn the new career
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It was an excellent position
Receiving/Stockroom/Inventory control (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 7, 2013
Everything was good working for this company, proffesional managment, co-workers and conditions.
Pros
excellent manufacturing environtment
Cons
not a steady work
Start up with some a good CEO, but lots of mis-management
Sr. Master Scheduler & Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 17, 2012
Nice place with a good product, good President, but some mis management of growth. Some of the managers get put in charge of things they don't know anything about.
Cons
minimal benefits