Opus Inspection Employee Reviews

Stressful , and unrealistic expectations
Assistant Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHAugust 12, 2019
The best part would be fellow employees but who goes to work to make friends. The hardest thing to do is remembering all the rules.

I was a member of management and they really give you no real power to make decisions, they micromanage most. For example you fill out a schedule for the week it has to be approved by the D.M. and if you schedule yourself for 40 hours that's probably gonna be sent back with a suggestion that since your management you should cover this or that to save hourly employee hours. It was normal for me too work 45 hours a week, and as salary employee there was no incentives for the extra hours worked.

I did develop customer service skills with sensitive situations. A normal day as an inspector can be hard on your back getting in and out cars all day especially sports cars. Overall I would not suggest this job unless your a student and just need a part time job for a short time.
Pros
Normal work hours
Cons
Stressful situations
Great part time job
Lane Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 9, 2019
The manager at riverfront is absolutely awesome. They work around your schedule if you have a full time job or go to school.The job is about as easy as it gets. Just pay attention to what you're doing. Opportunity for advancing is there if you want it. The only bad thing about the job is of course some customers can be...less then plesant to deal with... but thats anywhere.
Has a great atmosphere/work enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  98 Niver Street, Cahoes, NY 12047July 13, 2019
Nice and clean work space, freedom to go on breaks and lunches, great atmosphere. Never a dull moment. A great manager who is fair and tolerant. A fun and great place to work.
Cons
short lunch, and pay is too low
If you love drama this is the place for you
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 1, 2019
Work too hard for the money you make. Pay is poor, upper management is poor and full of drama and nepotism. You will not be held to the same standards as others. If you make a mistake you hear it from 4 different departments due to loose lips even though you only have 1 boss. Managers get fired for having input and opinions. Salary employees are expected to be there from 7:30am to 6:00pm Tuesday through Saturday and only get paid for 40 hours. The pay is too low to live off of. It's getting to the point that women are being kicked out and replaced with men. Harrassment happens at all levels and there is no local HR department. Now managers are required to work 1 Monday a month for training so you end up working more hours for less pay. You are expected to do everyone's job including testing cars, running the BMV booth, hiring, firing, paperwork and nonstop reports all while running a station with very little staff due to unhappy work environment. Customers tell you they cant wait for you to lose your job because they hate emission testing and the state is going to shut them all down.
Pros
Off Sundays and Mondays
Cons
Too many to list
great wirk environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTJune 23, 2019
enjoyed my time working there. great people, great managers, great pay, overtime when was great as well. Would recommend job to others. good benefitsn
Reliable company very passionate workers and management
Emissions Inspector (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2019
I Love my job, room for advancement, honest management, teamwork is the key to success. Fast paced detailed oriented. If you love customer service and like working semi-outdoors in all weather types, this is the job for you. Great Crew. Can't say enough about Opus...Great Company
So So
LANE INSPECTOR, VEIP (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 19, 2019
The pay rate is below average for living wages in my opinion for a state contracted job. Did have paid holidays off that was cool. When MVA closed Emissions was closed.
Pros
Holidays off and advancement.
Cons
The pay for a State Contracted job.
Workplace culture
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTMarch 19, 2019
Over all an employee friendly environment. There are more things that could be done from an employee engagement and morale standpoint. Overall management is open and compassionate.
Just another customer service job.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 13, 2019
It’s irritating to listen to customers complain all day about this state required test, We don’t have a choice in the matter either but they love to blame you for it, It is super hot in the summer and frigid cold in the winter since you are basically standing in a garage that is opened at both ends.
Pros
Most customers won’t take longer than 5 minutes to be gone, Hours are guaranteed, You don’t have to see the same customers everyday for the most part.
Cons
Practically an outdoor job, Climbing into people’s nasty vehicles, Constantly having to repeat rules or guidelines to the ignorant customers.
Fun place to work with great people
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 11, 2018
I really enjoy my work life here at Opus. The hours are flexible the supervisors are awesome for the most part. I have been able to grow in my profession and I feel that I am a valued member of the team! There is a family feel to the office, everyone works and gets the job done but we still have some time to interact with each other. The only thing I would change if I could would be the rate of pay. The pay is about the same as everything else in the area but I feel we do a lot of work in this office.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great management
Cons
High volume of work sometimes
Fair
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 27, 2018
It’s hard to make a career out of this place. Salary for station managers it just unfair. As long as you are willing to work the hours you sign up for they are very flexible with your hours.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Stay away
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  s.caSeptember 7, 2018
Technicians you work with are ok manager was great but upper management horrible they do not care about any people who do all the work unless you in the office forget it . They are very cheap
Pros
little freedom working if you have parts
Cons
cheap bad managment
Fast paced work environment working in all elements
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDAugust 31, 2018
Worked there 2 years. Moved up to manager position within 6 months. Fast paced job which makes time go by fast. Downside was working in ALL the elements and the customers always complained about having to be there.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Working in all weather/customer complaining
Very excited about testing different cars
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2018
We basically do the same stuff everyday, but just with different cars. I learned a lot about cars. I had one of the best bosses u could ever have. Friendly Environment.
Extremely difficult work to setup and maintain work zones
RSD Operator (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 10, 2018
· Erected remote sensing detection stations on metro Denver roadways to record emissions & licenses
· Performed frequent audits throughout the day of collection stations to verify, record and collect data
· Dismantled remote sensing station at day’s end and backed up audited data for a system administrator
· Windows 7 desktop on a Panasonic Tough Book laptop connected by WIFI to a remote sensing station
· Collected the data and image files: detected emissions, speed acceleration, and license plate images
Pros
Free hard hat and uniform
Cons
Extremely dangerous work environment
beware of working at this location! I guarantee you will rethink this company. .
customer service (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAMarch 9, 2018
the women at this location are very shady. They talk about you behind your back, and when its no work, you have to go home without pay. which is not right, that happened like every week,
Pros
weekends off
Cons
everything else
Avoid working for this company
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAMarch 9, 2018
This is a unprofessional company! The VA LOCATION IN LORTON. Management talks about the employees behind their back, NO JOB SECURITY, the pay was horrible, if there wasnt any work, you had to be sent home without pay, very unprofessional. If you want to work here as a female, you will be verbally harrassed by one of the male supervisors, and if you are a man you will be talked down to as an employee
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Management, pay, hours
yep
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2018
Opus has been a good learning experience. Unfortunately,upper management is suspect at best and hasnt kept previous promises. I've only stayed on as it pays the bills.
Ok job, very little room for advancement for technicians
Field service representative (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 30, 2017
Ok job, very little room for advancement for technicians. very good health insurance and life balance. must self starter because management does not always give directives
Not a job for everyone.
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 22, 2017
Opus inspection is not a job for everyone, especially for those who are just getting started in the work force. I appreciate the opportunity that they gave me, but I can't help but feel that they don't care for their employees like they say they do.
Pros
Three breaks, sometimes nice customers
Cons
Work conditions, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opus Inspection. Our community is ready to answer.