Oracle Employee Reviews

Found 2,154 reviews matching the search See all 4,486 reviews
Lack of direction
Principal Member of Technical Staff - Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CADecember 8, 2018
Learned about test automation and exposure to great cloud services and infrastructures.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with manager when no clear direction is given. Job is not secured as new invested group gets all the investment and old obsolete groups either get laid-off or luckily move into one of the new group with no support.
Good pay, bad culture
Director (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 8, 2018
While the pay and bonus was solid, all other aspects of the job were sub-par. Work life balance is typical to the IT industry, managers don't care about staff. Often felt disconnected to sr management with no voice for change.
Oracle
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CADecember 7, 2018
Great place to work and grow. A typical day at Oracle is working with your internal teams in strategizing a solution based on client needs. Developing a plan to implement. Bring to a close.

You are not at Oracle long in sales or sales management if you can not bring the revenue in and meet or exceed your goals.
Great learning environment
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 6, 2018
During my time at Oracle, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to be involved in several projects that either expanded or augmented my technical skills
overall environment
Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 6, 2018
average work environment; helpful co-workers; busy environment; time to learn new things; management was encouraging employees to give feedback and tried to improve their knowledge.
one of the best companies
Senior Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf StatesDecember 6, 2018
Oracle is one of the best companies to work for .
Great company atmosphere -Fantastic coworkers -The work is so enjoyable -The clientele -Wonderful communication and transparency -Benefits.
Great development program
Sr Technology Account Manager - National Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2018
met great people and had fun working there and developing throughout my years here. There was great opportunity and I excelled at my job, they treat their top performers very well and have incentives.
Non Productive
Support to Board of Directors, Chairman, CEO (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CADecember 5, 2018
Employees are just a number. Pay raises are rare. There are no real incentives besides working remotely. There is no loyalty to employees and Sr Management under the new President are extremely aggressive and very unprofessional.

Human Resources works for upper management and not for their employees.
Oracle Environment
Manager Marketing (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CADecember 4, 2018
Oracle is a pretty fast and in some lines of business, toxic work environment. There is some good management within the company but they are far out shadowed by management that does not develop its employees, does not delegate responsibility. Nor does most of the work force receive any bonuses or raises for meeting and exceeding goals or achievements.
Great place to grow as a professional
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
Oracle is a great place to learn how to build professional relationships with customers and coworkers in a dynamic environment with the technology indistry.
Oracle puts itself first, then its clients, then its employees
Oracle Consulting Leader (Former Employee) –  USADecember 3, 2018
Oracle's focus for consulting services has become "chargeability". Whereas previously the focus was customer satisfaction and employee development. Since the advent of new leadership at Oracle Consulting, the focus is now billing hours to clients. Now each level of service has to bill a specific percentage of their weekly hours to clients regardless of how much work there is to do, and irrespective of the client's budget. This was also implemented without good communication to clients. Now even VPs have to submit a time card and bill time to clients, and any work performed for a client that is a fix or is part of training has to be accounted for by submitting a no-bill code which entails quite a bit of administration. There is now an enormous administrative burden placed on people working in Oracle Consulting. People in the lower ranks do not have enough hours in the week to meet the requirements of chargeability and complete all the admin tasks expected of them - therefore they are forced to work additional hours in order to meet these requirements. Those that are overtime-eligible are also barred from working more than 42 hours, so they end up working the extra hours to meet the administrative requirements but not logging them. The culture has become lackluster and there is a fear of leadership and deep concern about job security that did not used to be present. It used to be a delightful place to work, with fun people and everyone enjoyed performing their roles for the client. It has now become a place where we have to say "no" to clients because "that's not Oracle  more... policy", and we have to bill clients more than we used to to meet internal targets, and we have to spend amazing amounts of time completing administrative tasks to account for all the time that we spend accomplishing.....administrative tasks. I would say that the typical Oracle Consulting employee works at least 50 hours, some considerably more. Also, Oracle has taken the path of not paying bonuses to the "bottom 20%" of the organization, regardless of how well they are performing. This means that you can be doing an amazing job, but if 80% of people are perceived as doing a better job than you, there will be no bonus for you. Along with this change, when reviewing talent, managers are forced to place at least 10% of the workforce in a low type of category even if those people are doing a good job so that leadership can then consider removing them as the lower-performing layer in that "Jack Welch" way of thinking. If you like working upwards of 50 hours a week, are confident that you can be better than at least 20% of the workforce, are wily enough to bill at least a specific percentage of your work to clients regardless of how much work there is, enjoy filling out complicated time-cards and approval request forms, then Oracle Consulting is the place for you! :)  less
Pros
Great people, amazing products.
Cons
Terrible administrative burden, disingenuous billing practices, low morale
Great first out-of-college job to learn the corporate world
Technology Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
The job is great for college graduates to learn how the corporate world works, but things are very disorganized and there are unrealistic expectations set for sales representatives after the first promotion. Constant changes (I've had 7 different "direct report" managers in 14 months, and turnover is very high.
Pros
On the lake, decent base salary, youthful office
Cons
Unrealistic quota, micro-management, no "work from home" days, very few PTO days
Good salary/benefit, but no raises and limited geographically
Principal Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 3, 2018
In Cloud Technical Support, if you are in in FL, MA, CO, or CA, you cannot work for Oracle due to their 'support centers' policy. Management beyond my immediate superior was solely metrics based and I never spoke to my manager's superior once in the 7 years we were on his team. Workplace culture was good and we collaborated closely with other internal teams and worked remotely for eight years. Better support from upper management would have helped greatly, but it seemed they were more focused on finding ways of removing legacy employees not working in the 'support center' cities. I did learn a lot on the job, but that was mainly due to the close support of the employees immediately around me that came into Oracle via acquisition the same time I did. Due to our reduced Support Request volume toward the end of my tenure at Oracle (as we were end of life-ing a product line), there were no raises for 3 years, but, overall the compensation was good.
Pros
Great collaboration and communication between teams working on my product line
Cons
No raises
don't get hired as a temp employee
Tax Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CADecember 1, 2018
If you want full time employment here apply for a permanent position, don't come in as a temp hoping to be converted. Temporary employees are expendable and not give much consideration as part of the Oracle family. I was loyal to a fault and was thrown out like trash.
Stay away if you can...
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2018
Worst place I worked at in 25 years. Management only cared for the favorites. I achieved 135% of my sales targets yet was laid off, since I was over 50.
Oracle has the worst Customer Success Program ever
ERP CLOUD PRINCIPAL CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 30, 2018
The management teams at most companies are trying to figure out the best ways to restructure Customer Success. They don't realize that the teams in place already have a number of great ways to save clients. They need to focus on Development no fly by the pants development but true development focus groups and enhancement request as well as implementing correctly. If every company did implementations correctly and product development they wouldn't be looking at restructuring Customer Success all the time. To restress the point, they need to restructure implementation and ensure successful go lives Customer Success can't do anything about poor implementations also develop the product.

Leaders at Oracle like other big corporations want to put the blame on someone when a client leaves. It's not the Customer Success fault when they have a bad implementation, it's not the Customer Success fault when we don't have a product clients like. Big CEOs if you're reading this fix the products and implementations. Leave Customer Success alone and you'll see big dollars start to pour in.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
Management, bonus structure and development of the products
Fun work enviornment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 28, 2018
A typical work day at Oracle was focused on food preparation and serving as well as making sure meals reached their proper destination. While there I learned different recipes, the proper temperature specific foods should be cooked as well as the correct measurements. The managers there were very respectful and answered any questions that I had. Everyone in the work place was friendly , respectful and willing to display teamwork whenever it was needed. The hardest part of the job was transporting food from the elevators to the different specific destinations that they were assigned to. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new things and watch the Golden State Warriors play.
Pros
free lunch learning new recipes
Cons
short breaks
At Oracle, you are just a number
Cloud Deal Management - Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 28, 2018
For every role in the department, there is someone cheaper and willing to work longer hours. You are considered a number on paper, and less a person. If you don't like it, management will remind you where the door is.

The expectation was long hours, and drop everything for your work. Since you CAN work remote, that means you will be expected to check email and respond promptly to late night emails or phone calls. At a certain level, Oracle will pay for your mobile phone, but if you're below that threshold, they won't pay for it, and still expect you to use it for work.

I will give Oracle credit for lots of learning opportunities and willingness to send you to training seminars that are related to your job function (no matter how creative the justification).
Pros
You can work from anywhere
Cons
They expect you to work constantly
Business Driven to maintain margin
Program Manager/Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2018
Make no mistake, Oracle employment is not for thin skinned folks. Expectations are high and poor performance is the fastest way to free up your future. That said, Oracle is fair about the opportunities available to prosper.
Pros
Challenging technical environment with global presence
Cons
High focus on profitability in near term with limited strategic vision
Great company with great benifits
ENTERPRISE APPLICATION SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2018
Oracle is a great company with great benefits. At times its a little daunting, but all companies are like this. Had a great boss that was very supportive and helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight