Oracle

Found 3,177 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,439 reviews

Oracle insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

OK place to work.

Bad management. Good work life balance. No growth unless you switch jobs. Compensation is good. Recently seems to be caught up in Cloud Frenzy, trying to catch up.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

No career growth

Would be more productive if coworkers actually helped one another

I wish there was more schedule flexibility without having to contact a separate department.They need more hands on training and peer to peer training before they allow new employees to support calls

Pros

Access to the building’s gym when the building was available

Cons

Call quality reviews, Lackluster training for clients, which increases calls

Long term company for career

Long term company for a decent career in technology. The focus on Cloud in recent years has made the company more competitive and this flows into employees and makes us more competitive.

Pros

Good WLB, friendly peers, opportunity to learn.

Cons

Low pay, low increase, sometimes sense of lack of vision.

My team was like family but management was aloof.

My team was like family but management was aloof. Salary increases are very rare, same with stock grants. Managers really don't care about their people and played favorites.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Management wasn't friendly.

Great college sales training program

Great intensive training with similarly college students learning with you. Great place to start to gain basic sales experience but your quota/metrics change ever quarter and not paid fairly compared to your coworkers in the same org. It depends on your sales rep and manager and realty is luck of the draw as what org you end up in. However, quotas are still attainable. Good base pay w quarterly commission payments.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Growing pains from an old school tech firm trying to adapt to the modern tech world.

Oracle is a behemoth that is playing the game of maintaining a customer base instead of growing it. The culture is incredibly old minded and not on par with the culture of competitors. Compensation is also not inline with offers at competitors.

Pros

Flexible work from home option, great healthcare benefits, corporate discounts

Cons

Non-competitive pay structure, difficult to move up

Awesome company to work for. Great work culture and no bickering or ego clashes like other big San Jose based companies.

Immediate management is great. But exec level leaves something to be desired. No transparency in bonuses. Work -Life balanceConducive place for innovation

Pros

Autonomy given to Individual Contributors. Work life balance. Best place for innovation.

Cons

No vacation policy ESPP sucks

overall a good environment to work

There are many trainings and opportunities to improve yourself. Working with an international team. Personal and career contribution. Salary could be better

Pros

trainings, Benefit, Multi-internatiol team

Cons

Salary could be better

Not a very friendly environment

Team is so huge you dont understand why it is needed. No interest in innovations. Everybody against everybody. Not very inspiring. Did not know what I was expected to do

Terrible support system

You will never feel valued and will get very poor raises if any. The company does not care about the customers or working together as a team. Every internal communication is someone trying to force you to do something.

Pros

Plenty of time to do your own tasks during work hours

Cons

no raises and no support

No Growth no Raise

Good entry level job, but no growth at all. New hires get paid more than experience. Management tells us to find another job we ask for a raise. Morale is low, and management does not care.

benefits

Cons

Rare cases of raise, self service, no growth

It was a job.

My immediate manager was great, but it is a billion dollar company. It was difficult to stand out and get promoted. Promotions/pay raises were based on your time at the company.

Challenging culture with lack of collaboration across business units; toxic at times.

Great technology and solutions doesn't always equate to a positive work experience or career move. Oracle is a solid proof point for that as the lack of strategic alignment led to losing business many times.

Pros

Good training tools - innovative technology solutions.

Cons

Internal conflicts and competition for share of wallet at accounts hinders success.

WFH since before the pandemic, flexible with time, good benefits

Oracle could be a great company if they wanted to. We've been working for home for years, benefits are good, compensation is OK. This year they even gave us raises and bonus.Currently it's too developer centric and the way they manage their products can be a bit stressful.People stay because of their flexibility with time and working from home. No questions asked as long as you do your work and are available for scheduled meetings.

Pros

good benefits, Wfh, flexible

Cons

stressful, sometimes outdated

Oracle is a fantastic place to work.

Love the strategic direction of the company, management, counterparts and overall culture. Immense amount of training and enablement tools are available for all employees. Encouraged to volunteer in your community.

Awesome

Awesome environment. Friendly team. Flexibility. My manager is great and supportive. Pay us excellent. Work life Babanco is awesome. Nothing bad to say.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Na

Very stressful

Versus feel for a little pay Poor managementCoworkers looking to climb the ladderCould be betterVery not open to inclusive environment Work life balance is not

Love it

I love working here! I feel a sense of purpose and I am often given feedback for the work I do. My coworkers and boss are lovely and make me feel at home.

fun place to work

I found out about this job in my high school year and I thought it’ll be a fun place to work. I was excited to work at the stadium and connect with new people.

Bdc

Overall a good place to start your career solid training. Territory and alignment will dictate how you perform get ready to play politics. Some products are very good some are not a lot of luck going through class of program

Pros

Work life balance good training

Cons

Average pay, territory

Good work/life balance

I was lucky to have good direct management in a decent part of the company. Having been onboarded as part of an acquisition and working remote, I never felt like part of the company. Pay and benefits were decent for the job I was doing and I had a great deal of flexibility to manage my own time and workload.Unfortunately Oracle is constantly reviewing headcount and another RIF is always around the corner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight