Oracle

United States3,310 reviews

Found 3,310 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,705 reviews
cloudtechnologybalanceculturesalesoftwareraiseproduct

OK place to work.

Bad management. Good work life balance. No growth unless you switch jobs. Compensation is good. Recently seems to be caught up in Cloud Frenzy, trying to catch up.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

No career growth

Overall a good experience

Great experiences and colleagues, learned a lot and have great news skills to take away. Grateful overall for my time there. CMO was on the right track before changes in 2022. Downsides - a lot of red tape, archaic systems and rules. Hard to get your job done and compete with such restrictions and processes that delayed projects. Made us use home-grown systems which mostly were bad. Budget very low for marketing compares to industry standard.

Pros

Colleagues, interesting and fun projects

Cons

Low budgets, red tape, old systems

Oracle insights

• Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Remote work and flexibility

It’s a great company since he has international reach, and you can see the true scale of a big company. Pros-Remote workFlexibilityLearning (they cared about me getting three Certs within six months)ConsLeadership/politics hold back a lot of people and teams from getting the job done.

Too much politics

Too much politics. Inefficient management. Slow pace development. Cut cost on tools which would have been very helpful to enable employee work more efficiently.

Not for everyone

Same culture as AWS, that says it all. Poor documentation and a tribal knowledge mentality. office politics rampant in the data centers. You get paid well, but not for the stress of the job requirements.

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

Lots

Training and Management Terrible

Received lackluster Training, manager made the role seem like it would be a simple troubleshoot process and send to level 2, Well level 2 makes it extremely difficult to send cases up and many of the Support Managers do not have the Support Knowledge to help new employees while on the calls, yet they want you to resolve the issues, ridiculous expectations and no sympathy or empathy towards workers struggling

Pros

Coworkers are nice, suffer together

Cons

Managers awful, terrible training, mistreat employees

Good benefits.

Overall great place to work. Good benefits. Culture similar to all other corporate sales. Constantly improving over the years based on customer and employee feedback.

Disappointing

They want you to work as if you were 2 people without paying overtime, they pay a low salary, there is no increase or promotion, people stay in the same position for years and when there is a promotion, the salary increases by 5%. They are very limited in number, they just want to hire cheap people outside the US and pay little. They are increasingly replacing American labor with cheap labor outside the US. I have never worked in such a mean place. And they don't even hide that they don't care about you at all. At Christmas, they don't even give the employees a chocolate, there's no party, fraternization, they didn't even let us go out for lunch together at Christmas (even if each one was going to pay for his own) during working hours. Zero bonuses, zero everything. horrible. I never imagined that it could be so bad to work for Oracle. The only good thing about the company is the medical insurance.

Pros

Medical, vision and dental insurances

I loved working here

I was impacted by a reduction in force, but I loved my time at Oracle! Great team, manageable workload, stakeholders were nice. When the economy recovers, I hope to come back!

Results Oriented

A good company if you are willing to give the extra needed for the results. A very competitive environment where everybody is pushing forward to get the results. Top Management are really helpful.

Pros

benefits above the law

Good

Good place to work. Nice work culture and good work life balance. Joined after college and stayed for around 8 years. ConsGrowth curve is not that great.

Decent place to work and grow

Decent place to have a career, lots of opportunities in adjacent products. Some poor decisions made by executive team in some cases. Overall I had a pretty good experience.

Good

Stress free workplace. But needs to compensate more and avoid contract hiring. Was great to work here and wish to work in future, if given an opportunity.

Great place to work as a recent graduate student

Great place to work as a recent graduate student and if you are at the beginning of your career. There are a lot of great opportunities in order to advance your knowledge, especially if you are talking with the right people.

Pros

Great place to work as a recent graduate student

Cons

Small or never salary increases

It's good working for Oracle

I work has an Analyst for Global Order management and previously for a period of 8 months I worked for License inventory and partner reconciliation Were I have gained knowledge in both streams There is a good corporate culture at my office. I was able to learn new things, had a great support from my managers and colleagues.

Horrible culture. Not a great place to work

They generally don’t treat the most important assets (people) well. A few of the topmost leaders (SVP & up) have no empathy and have a cutthroat, authoritative ant autocratic approach to management. In OCI, this toxic culture is hinged from the highest levels and hinged on success at all cost which has permeated down to lower levels of leadership. Even the language and tone of communication used in meetings can be despicable at times and unprofessional at best.

Pros

None really. Perhaps the fact that it’s an old school technology company with solid expertise in DB.

Cons

Horrible Senior leadership. Horrendous culture particularly in the cloud (OCI) space

Fast Pace

Good overall work environment. Face paces with change to work on many different technologies. You will be able to work with may teams across the globe

great

great place to work nice environment friendly people.There is no time to get bored, so it's a company made for people who like fast-paced evolution and dynamic work environment.

Remote working ability but be prepared to always be on the clock

No such thing as loyalty with this place. Lots of long term, high quality (i.e. high salary) employee layoffs in favor of cheap overseas labor. Long hours, no bonuses for non-sales positions, no respect for personal time, lots of benefits that made them good years ago were taken away.There are better places to spend your life at.

Pros

health benefits are good

Cons

no work/life balance, pay lower than industry, you are just an employee number

A good steady career

If you're looking for a place that you could reliably move up the ladder for 20+ years, this is your company. It does not move fast and it is hard to get much done. The people are nice and generally competent.

productive and fun team

Productive people, fun team with lots of smart people. However, upper management can feel lost sometimes and it was hard to get in touch with them. It also took a long time to get a feedback from upper mgmt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight