Oracle Employee Reviews

51.2K
41.6K
Found 1,925 reviews matching the search See all 4,119 reviews
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 13, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits, I worked with a great team of people.
The hours are flexible and the managers will work with you. I there is a need to work from home that day that is also an option.
Pros
free coffee, tea, sodas. Great walking trails, exercise gym downstairs provided for employees
Cons
they are a software company and my department was in the hardware business.
Laid off
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Oracle does not give pay increase. They automated their renewal process meanwhile telling employees not to worry about their jobs.
As soon as the automation process starts to work they lay off most of their account managers.
Pros
work from home
Cons
cancellations was always look at as your fault
Decent place to work
Solutions Director / Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAAugust 12, 2018
i work within one of the smaller business units and it is a decent place to work. They acquired a number of companies to build this business unit and many of the people i work with have been with the company and product for a very long time.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
drive to revenue
Productive an fun workplace
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Remote working available. Plenty of computer equipment and ergonomic equipment available for those that would request.
As senior admin for global customer support group, I was scheduler and gate-keeper for my VP and the chief communicator for the global team.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAAugust 12, 2018
As a remote worker, the day began by logging in to the Oracle environment where my daily tasks were generated. I handled matters in order of importance and timeliness, with the needs of the VP I supported put first. This involved scheduling meetings, arranging travel, communicating with the team, organizing events, and anything else required. I learned that as admin to a global team, I was the glue. I managed my time independently and with excellence. The hardest part of the job pertains to working remotely as it was difficult to turn off the work day and keep it to an 8-hour day. I loved every aspect of my job.
Pros
No micromanagement; independence encouraged.
Cons
None.
Good work/life balance with independence in decision making
Senior UX Designer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 11, 2018
The onboarding process was a little confusing and could have been smoother. Communication from direct management was lacking at times. However, there was always a variety of projects to work on and contribute to. Unfortunately, feedback was not as frequent as one would hope. You essentially wear all hats from start to finish.
Slow to adopt new outside technology
Consulting Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 11, 2018
Slow to adopt new outside technology. Came very late to the Cloud offering and is lagging behind companies like Amazon (AWS) and Microsoft (Azure). Excellent quality Engineered Systems (Exadata, Exalogic, SuperClusters).
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 9, 2018
I made many friends on my sales team and had plenty of good times working in the office, it was a great way to start my Solutions sale experience, would tell anyone who is starting off in corporate sales that this is the place to do it.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Not a good location
Good place to work at
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 9, 2018
Overall, Oracle is not a bad place to work. You get some training in the beginning to get you hit the ground up and running then you're mostly on your own. You learn on the job with minimal supervision/mentorship. It is usually very busy everyday during 8 hour shifts. You are volunteered to work on call shifts to make extra money.
Pros
It's oracle
Cons
Advancement is slow and no bonuses
Fun place to work with plenty of perks
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed working there and was well compensated.
Pair programming environment that helped foster growth, but half the team left and pairing stopped all together after that.
My team was very autonomous from the rest of Oracle so experiences will vary.
Pros
snacks, drinks, happy hour, 2 free lunches a week
Cons
growth stopped on the project and was eventually slashed
Great training - poor execution
Consulting Projects: Sales, Project Delivery (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 9, 2018
Terrible middle management on top of first rate strategy. A victim of their own culture but a decent workplace. I would not work there unless I needed the experience
No work life balance
Senior Director - Program Management (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAAugust 8, 2018
Intense work environment. No work life balance, and the focus is super technical. Benefits are great however and longevity is decent but not excellent
Best Place to work
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 7, 2018
A fully organized and top tier company in Fortune500. All functional groups and internal organizations are well enabled and geared towards achieving main goals of our company, and process is perfectly laid out for each individual contributor to follow. Many provided courses enable employees to familiarize themselves and adhere to required codes and standards. Our customers requirements are the first and foremost importance to daily operation.
Pros
Well organized working Environment
Excellent
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Would work there again due to:
Great learning opportunity.
Tremendous career growth potential.
Excellent work environment.
Challenging and exciting assignments.
Productive Cloud Environment
Principal Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 7, 2018
Work and Life balance
Fast phase cloud environment
Relaxed work environment
Friendly office environment
Treat employees as adults
Independent work force
Did not seem to value employees Talents
IT MANAGER / PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAAugust 7, 2018
I worked at home a lot. I never met my final team at Oracle face to face. Too much time on conference calls. Management decided to adopt a "policy" of not giving raises or bonuses.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No raises or bonuses
Very structured, overall a good experience.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 7, 2018
One of the things I most enjoyed was the clear structure within the company, as far a duties and responsibilities. There's also a clear path of advancement early on.
Not intuitive
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 6, 2018
Works ok but could be better. Oracle was a tough transition for us but the contractors were helpful and respectful. It was a change for our company who had been with the same ERP system for a number of years.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
frenemies
Good place for growth
Field Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2018
Awesome culture where you have the ability to learn and grow in your understanding for all things technology. They have the resources and great management to help you grow where you please.
Depends on Territory / Good products and getting better.
Cloud Application Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 6, 2018
Oracle can provide great opportunity if you land in the right seat. It's hit or miss. For areas where customers are ready for cloud then you should be ok. If not, you may struggle.
Pros
Smart hard working people. Lot of help, but self guided.
Cons
No mentorship or career guidance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight