Oracle Employee Reviews

Found 1,935 reviews matching the search See all 4,131 reviews
Dba
Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIAugust 20, 2018
Challenging work environments while on contract. Mostly good mentors and team players. Great travel opportunity around the country and abroad. Good promotion and salary increases.
Overpromise, Underdeliver
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2018
While Oracle has been a great place to work at, changes within the organization of our department has caused disappointment and confusion. The benefits are phenomenal, my manager is great, and I couldn't ask for a team that is more willing to help and collaborate. We all learn with and from each other and the available resources are abundant. The only complaint I have is the inability to follow through with promises made for a promotion schedule. This was caused by a rapid change in executive management and laying off many of the managers for not meeting goals that were set well outside of their normal expectations. Hopefully, as the business unit grows, the changes will catch up and level out.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible Hours, Varying responsilbilities
Cons
Rapid change, disappointing promotional opportunities
Trash
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 17, 2018
Just trash. Poor management. Kind of racisiam, they don’t keep their promises. Stressful. They don’t care about employee health. Just waste management
Pros
It is brand
Cons
Lack of management
Large Company with great employees
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
Large Company with plenty opportunities. Plenty of training available on-demand. Getting in person training my be a bit more difficult though. Good work environment.
Pros
lots of opportunites
Cons
my need to relocate to take advantage
Surrounded by bright people
Prime Technology Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAAugust 16, 2018
It is very relaxed here in comparison to the start-up lifestyle. The salary is minimal if you are hired out of college but it is a great way to get into sales.
great work environment
Complex Cable Build Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 15, 2018
I was apart of comple cabling. I worked closely with technicians and responsible for installing, cabling, and repairing cloud servers. I worked with USB cables, cat 5 cables, fiber cables, and infiniband cables.
Oracle
Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAAugust 14, 2018
All part of the experience
some days are great, others are not.
remote from home environment
No travel at all
Not much interaction with your colleagues
Excellent Workplace
Application Specialist - Cruise Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2018
The environment is friendly and conducive for career development.

Unlimited access to training, learning and self development.

Research and ideas are highly encouraged

The enjoyable part of the job is that it's always challenging and interesting. You can't be bored at work, because the environment is dynamic.
Pros
It's a good place to work
Cons
Unknown
Great Place to work
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
I had a great experience working at Oracle. Extreme professionalism and great work enviroment. I would be delighted if i were given a chance to be employed with Oracle again.
Pros
Cons
Travel
I had a great experience working in ORaclee
Enterprise Level System Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 14, 2018
I worked in different technical skill groups in Oracle/Sun Microsystems for 18+ years.

I had a great experience working in Oracle. Would love to work here again.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 13, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits, I worked with a great team of people.
The hours are flexible and the managers will work with you. I there is a need to work from home that day that is also an option.
Pros
free coffee, tea, sodas. Great walking trails, exercise gym downstairs provided for employees
Cons
they are a software company and my department was in the hardware business.
Laid off
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Oracle does not give pay increase. They automated their renewal process meanwhile telling employees not to worry about their jobs.
As soon as the automation process starts to work they lay off most of their account managers.
Pros
work from home
Cons
cancellations was always look at as your fault
Decent place to work
Solutions Director / Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAAugust 12, 2018
i work within one of the smaller business units and it is a decent place to work. They acquired a number of companies to build this business unit and many of the people i work with have been with the company and product for a very long time.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
drive to revenue
Productive an fun workplace
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Remote working available. Plenty of computer equipment and ergonomic equipment available for those that would request.
As senior admin for global customer support group, I was scheduler and gate-keeper for my VP and the chief communicator for the global team.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAAugust 12, 2018
As a remote worker, the day began by logging in to the Oracle environment where my daily tasks were generated. I handled matters in order of importance and timeliness, with the needs of the VP I supported put first. This involved scheduling meetings, arranging travel, communicating with the team, organizing events, and anything else required. I learned that as admin to a global team, I was the glue. I managed my time independently and with excellence. The hardest part of the job pertains to working remotely as it was difficult to turn off the work day and keep it to an 8-hour day. I loved every aspect of my job.
Pros
No micromanagement; independence encouraged.
Cons
None.
Good work/life balance with independence in decision making
Senior UX Designer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 11, 2018
The onboarding process was a little confusing and could have been smoother. Communication from direct management was lacking at times. However, there was always a variety of projects to work on and contribute to. Unfortunately, feedback was not as frequent as one would hope. You essentially wear all hats from start to finish.
Slow to adopt new outside technology
Consulting Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 11, 2018
Slow to adopt new outside technology. Came very late to the Cloud offering and is lagging behind companies like Amazon (AWS) and Microsoft (Azure). Excellent quality Engineered Systems (Exadata, Exalogic, SuperClusters).
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 9, 2018
I made many friends on my sales team and had plenty of good times working in the office, it was a great way to start my Solutions sale experience, would tell anyone who is starting off in corporate sales that this is the place to do it.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Not a good location
Good place to work at
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 9, 2018
Overall, Oracle is not a bad place to work. You get some training in the beginning to get you hit the ground up and running then you're mostly on your own. You learn on the job with minimal supervision/mentorship. It is usually very busy everyday during 8 hour shifts. You are volunteered to work on call shifts to make extra money.
Pros
It's oracle
Cons
Advancement is slow and no bonuses
Fun place to work with plenty of perks
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed working there and was well compensated.
Pair programming environment that helped foster growth, but half the team left and pairing stopped all together after that.
My team was very autonomous from the rest of Oracle so experiences will vary.
Pros
snacks, drinks, happy hour, 2 free lunches a week
Cons
growth stopped on the project and was eventually slashed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.6K

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Oracle.

Powered by Comparably