Oracle Employee Reviews

Found 2,032 reviews matching the search See all 4,301 reviews
Good place to develop skills
Security Vulnerability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 14, 2018
Oracle is a good place to develop and practice new skills. There are opportunities if you are willing to seek them out. Has a diverse and eclectic culture, which is good.
Pros
Free sodas including La Croix
Cons
No work from home condoned
Excellent work place
Deal Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2018
Management and co-workers are great. You constantly learn new processes and it is an intellectually challenging job. The pay is fair and benefits are one of the best out there in the market.
Typical Work Dealing with Customers
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2018
A typical day of work for technical support engineers at Oracle involved reviewing customer issues and updating customers regarding their issues. Initially, we had more autonomy in working at home, but then upper management made us work at the office and we were tracked by strict metrics in logging in and working on customers' tickets. All in all, I had a good direct manager that promoted learning so I took a lot of courses to improve my skill set. The hardest part about this job was dealing with cranky customers and managing a huge queue of tickets. The workplace environment was good since co-workers were willing to help you resolve complex issues.
Pros
Benefits like most of Healthcare covered and Dental benefits fully covered
Cons
Micromanagement from upper management, lack of advancement and raises
Beware of this company.
Senior Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 13, 2018
No advancement opportunity once in the company. I worked for Oracle for over six years on the retail end. I worked with a software called Xstore. Was unable to to advance in the company due to politics and then was laid off after worked slowed down without warning. Beware of this company.
Very competitive environment
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 12, 2018
My experience at Oracle was not a positive one. Most managers seem to micromanage and do not value suggestions from team members. Some managers seem to have this master-slave mentality, which is part of the reason why they do not value team members and their suggestions. Also, in general, there does not seem to be any yearly salary increases. This may not be the case in all of Oracle, but unfortunately for myself, it was mine.
Pros
Great company to have on your resume.
Cons
Unpleasant work environment.
Worst experience
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAOctober 12, 2018
While others have good reviews, likely they were lucky, under nice culture.
I had worst experience there in my whole career.

Depends on which department people are in:
Culture can be totally different.
- No life and work balance; work like a robot
- Not less bad team mates, which need lots of baby sitting.
- Those performers, who worked more, more are demanded; more to be blamed as well.
- Play favorites; someone may not even have technical sense and knowledge, can be in a leader role.
- Middle level management (some), is supper aggressive without solid technical background; so they don't know what to do, they may put on and pressure their subordinates.
- There is no respect, you are the tools that they can use. Constantly dissing people without encouragement and appreciation (if ever done it, it sounded fake);
The whole company wise, less innovations; so many layers, processes, which make things moving slowly.
Cons
No life and work balance; work like a robot being underpaid
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 12, 2018
Lots of meetings

Work in teams and everyone is happy to work with

Lots of Dead lines due to customer demands

Flex working plans between office and remote. Meetings via conference calls are common
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Alliance & Channels Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 11, 2018
Loved my tenure at Oracle!! During my time here I learned a lot that I will not take for granted. This was a good step in the door for me when it comes to Corporate America.
Excellent Company
Planner Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 10, 2018
New to Oracle. Love the culture and work life balance. It is great to be able to work a flex schedule and have unlimited PTO. My manager is excellent as well. Great so far.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Lack of direction
Oracle was a fun and challenging place to work
Network and Telecom Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 10, 2018
At Oracle I worked closely with a team, monitoring Oracles World Widw Network and provided intrusion detection. We used HP Openview and other monitoring apps to determine the health of the entire WAN. If a problem was detected, I would log into a switch or router, check the logs, bounce ports and remotely power cycle the equipment if necessary. If I was unable to resolve the issue, I would call the site or region's local network engineer to provide hands on troubleshooting, 24 hours a day. We were also responsible to provide intrusion detection of the entire corporate worldwide network using McAfee Intrushield. When suspicious traffic or packets were detected, I would determine the level of the threat and respond by shutting down sessions, network nodes and activating a call bridge if necessary to address the issue.
Pros
The job allowed me to work 2 days a week from home
Cons
Writing the training material that was used to train my replacements in India
Decent Job
Senior Member Technical Staff, Sun (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 8, 2018
There is not much innovation. But with the constant new mergers, there is a chance to learn about new technologies. But most of the job is maintaining status quo. There is a lot of new college grad recruitment in lieu of experienced staff.
Work life balance is good. Different departments/BUs have different work culture. So, it is hard to rate across the company.
It is a regular job, with not too much work, which allows good work life balance. Reliance on NCG is not a great solution, as they stay only for a short time and newer employees have to be trained again.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Low salary, less innovation
Meeting with Enterprise customers
Applications Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 8, 2018
I was responsible for securing software sales solutions for both on-premise and cloud based products. The job was challenging, but very strategic and rewarding. The best part of the job was meeting with customers, solving problems. The hardest part of the job was the internal processes that crippled the sales process.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
lack of upward mobility
workplace culture
Alliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 7, 2018
Mixed culture driven by acquisitions. Mixed management quality as well. Oracle can be a place to thrive if you are in an division with good management.
Pros
flexible work hours and locations
Cons
culture
Good and Bad
Staff (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 5, 2018
Company has changed unfortunately and leadership does not stay intact with the company. Direction changes based on market competition and while Oracle is great there are great people.
Typical large compay
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 4, 2018
I enjoyed m time at Oracle. Worked with great people on interesting projects and products. Great benefits, and a good work atmosphere. The one complaint I have is that it is run like a typical large corporation, as soon as profits start to drop a bit, the RIFs begin. I had worked for a small company that was willing to invest in it's employees before Oracle purchased us. This was not a welcome change.
Pros
Flexible schedule, challanging work, great people
Cons
After purchase, difficulties adapting our product into the Oracle model caused significant drop in orders
Oracle is a well established leader in cloud computing
Senior Manager Level II-Fusion SaaS (Former Employee) –  ReadingOctober 4, 2018
Oracle was a great company to work for, as i did twice. I would do it again if given the chance. They take care of their above average producing employees.
Great at the time.
Oracle SMB Applications Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAOctober 4, 2018
Was a great company. but the selling to customers with the Oracle Bus on board was not only confusing for customers, but frustrating or both parties. The bonus structure was deemed somewhat unfair as well.
Pros
Great team and moral.
Cons
No growth
Excellent management team
Senior Product Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 3, 2018
The most challenging part is to lead a global technical support team.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my management and product development team.
Excellent place to learn, innovate and grow
Director (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 3, 2018
One of the best places to work where you can learn and grow, fast pace but with good work life balance. Freedom to work remotely and company where you will find workers that have worked over 10 years, Diversity focused
Pros
Learning Organization, Latest technologies, excellent products, remote working
Application Sales Rep
APPLICATIONS SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 3, 2018
Company went through organizational changes and had a bad experience at the company. Too much burocracy.
Base salary was not as great for a big of a company that it is.
Benefits
Cons
Bureaucracy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.7K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight