Oracle Employee Reviews

41.5K
Found 1,750 reviews matching the search See all 3,761 reviews
Low Pay
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 20, 2018
Oracle CPQ Cloud customer support group do not appreciate their employees and drive them away. It's a revolving door which almost seems intentional to avoid any raises. Oracle does not get what retention means.
Pros
Knowledgeable and collaborative coworkers.
Cons
Below market pay, little actual career advancement.
Gym
Principal Developer (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMay 18, 2018
Meetings,
Planning
Designs
Coding

There may be weekly presentation

And team meeting with IDC folks in the evenings.

We are using ADE source code control for peer to review the code.
Pros
Free drink
sales environment
Application Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SoutheastMay 17, 2018
very high=pressure sales environment with little autonomy to make decisions in my territory. too many approvals needed to make a deal. and now I am just writing some words so that the system will allow me to progress
Pros
big company benefits
Cons
too much bureaucracy
Independent Work Environment
Publication and Hosting Associate (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMay 17, 2018
The good thing about my job was that managers do not micromanage. The hardest part of the job was that most managers work from home so as a new hire it is difficult especially to getting consistent training as the training period is broken up.
Progressive, aggressive work environment
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMay 17, 2018
Progressive work environment with significant room for professional growth. Clear company growth vision with strong engagement from senior executives.
Excellent people and great work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Oracle. The people were great. The company had clearly defined work/life balance and excellent benefits. The team had clearly defined goals.
Pros
Great people, benefits
Cons
internal processes were sometimes frustrating, work space was dismal but may have been updated since
Tough Environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
Oracle was a tough environment. There wasn't a sense of collaboration internally or team play. Great product but needs more team development to go to the next level.
Great start to a career
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 14, 2018
Oracle is a great start to a sales career. Their training is top notch, and the skills acquired here will be carried for a long time. The most valuable thing to take from this job is the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with C-suite executives.
Work life balance
Project Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaMay 14, 2018
Flexible, Best Exposure to Financial Services, Single Domain - Banking and Finance, Lot of Training (Technical, Functional and Behavioral), Employee Friendly Policies
Oracle
Senior Sales Manager - Global Sales-Java (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2018
Decent compensation - Weak Culture - Complicated Quote to Contract process. The overall experience is neutral. The hardest part is learning the backend process and protocol to complete an order.
Good Workplace
Managed Cloud Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 11, 2018
Good Workplace, management is decent, bad pay master....extremely good learning....raise is every 2 years which is not good at all....old school company...its all about standards & guidelines
Blessed to work here
Application Sales Executive - Florida (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2018
If you know how hard it is to get a job, this place is the best you can get. They are committed to the people they hire and their new campus is very nice. Never felt like we weren't paid attention to.
They hire through acquisition and outsource to cheaper locations
IT Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2018
Working in IT for Oracle in the Bay Area likely means you were acquired or have been there 20 years (or both). New jobs are usually sourced in India or on the east coast where people are cheaper. Advancement is unlikely unless someone retires (and then it's more likely they will eliminate the position and roll that team under an existing manager).

It is generally stable and typically allows a good work life balance, but don't expect to ever get a raise.
Oracle is a big demanding place, but generally good.
IT Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2018
Oracle is a place with lots of smart people. One needs to pay attention to do well there. But it is possible to succeed and thrive. I left there in good standing and now wish I had not left there as grass in not always greener at other places.
Productive look into how a company organizes its success
Intern/Mentee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2018
I found this internship at the end of my senior year of high school. I was tasked with going through some training that delved into microprocessors design and testing. Although I was there for a short while, colleagues were quick to help and share their talent and knowledge with me. I felt respected and honored to be there, frankly, and I would not hesitate to go back if I were hired.
A strong company with corporate focus
Services Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 8, 2018
Oracle is a very large, diverse company with many organizations. Whether you like it will depend on your goals and corporate cultural preferences. Oracle is very process driven and self reliant in learning and problem resolution. In my role I love to work with my accounts directly, understand their issues and work to a mutual satisfaction for both entities. However, the role is very administrative and much time is spent on searching for assistance online and through forums and self help sites, which can be very time consuming. First line managers are helpful and willing to engage. Peers are also eager to assist and brainstorm if necessary. In my role annual goals are capped and difficult to exceed.
Pros
good benefits/flexible work life balance
Cons
process and policy driven
Great while it lasted
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 7, 2018
Oracle has a flexible working philosophy which is supposed to help with a work/life balance. This only works if your management is fair and accommodating.
Pros
Healthy benefits package including unlimited time off
Cons
Salary, being expected to constantly work unpaid overtime.
Great technology, execution of long-term strategy a work in progress
Account Manager, Platform & Architecture (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
Great legacy technology. Good front line managers. Still formulating and executing on future strategy. Great breadth of technology offerings on premise, Cloud still growing.
Pros
Breadth of solutions
Cons
Maturing as Cloud company, low agility internally and externally
Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2018
Excellent place to work! Great training on products. Great benefits and work culture. Changes occur constantly to keep competitive edge within global environment.
Overall great company, but CSM role was just not for me.
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 6, 2018
no advancement for customer success role. not enough help/training for new people. I had a MIS degree and ended up in a wrong role.

the following role requires constantly talking with customer which is not for me.
Pros
dont have to work outside of work hours
Cons
no work from home, poor training, poor pay, not worth it if you have a decent degree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight