ORAIKO Employee Reviews

Great Company to Start your career
Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2019
Working with ORAIKO has been such a positive experience. I have learned so much working as a graphic designers. My work day would be to work on marketing materials, banner, social media materials. Project on website design and app development will be in once or twice monthly. Working with upper management on projects was clear and precise.
Pros
Gaining Viable Experience for All other Projects
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wall Street, NYJanuary 10, 2019
They are professional, creative, and overall very customer oriented. Everyone on the team is incredibly responsive and the quality of work is exceptional and fast.
Terrible place to work
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Terrible place to work, would not recommend anyone especially a developer. Bad communication, no room for advancement. Their is no flexibility. You will be within constant pressure. CEO himself barley has any knowledge of coding so you won't really learn much.
Pros
Cons
alot
Not a place to work for web developers or front end web developers
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
High demand and extreme low pay. 15 dollars per hour in new york city as a developer. If you take your career seriously, don't apply here. You will work so hard but the pay will be very low. This is a place where folks from high school should work just so that they can have some experience in the industry. If you take your career seriously, do not apply here. During the interview, they asked me general questions like "can you code this", without actually testing my coding skills. I could have easily lied my way to getting the job. These guys have no idea about web development as a company but want to hire professionals and pay them enough to be able to take the 4 train to work daily because in reality thats all you will be able to aford comfortably in NYC. Do yourself a favor, skip these guys and go and work for a real company that can help you in your future in terms of actual experience.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Small office and bad managers.
Poor Pay, Many Job Role Expectation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
ROLE: I got hired as an administrative assistant. I was expected to take care of basic administrative duties but also fulfill the roles of content management, sales assistant, and also do personal assistant work due to the small company and lack of employees.

PAY & BENEFITS: Very low pay (regardless of having a degree or not, you'll all get paid similarly). A few paid holidays. No benefits or healthcare.

OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: Some of your coworkers may be nice but the bosses are non-transparent and have high expectations from the employees. Lots of unfulfilled promises and stringing you on for as long as possible to save money in the long run.

OVERALL: I would only recommend this job if you're desperate but it won't help you sustain a life in New York City. Work here for the experience on your resume, then go somewhere who will actually pay/treat you for your worth.
Great environment! Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  11 Broadway Ste 1051 New York, NY 10004April 4, 2017
The work-life balance at ORAIKO is great. The company culture is great! I have been working for this company now for 5 years and I can honestly say that I have been very happy with my decision. The work environment/company culture is very positive and makes the work day enjoyable. Its a small company (boutique office) they do good a great job investing in employee development. The owner also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and will put it into practice. I highly recommend this as a place to work.
Pros
great comp plan, flexibility, company has every 3 months sponsored office events
Extreme Low Pay But Extreme High Expectations
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
Owner thinks he can code better than most people.

Guy offered me $15 an hour and expected me to solve bugs at the speed of light. Also, kept reminding me that he was doing a big favor by paying me $15 an hour.

Do not ever apply here.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay Arrogant Owner
Productive and great company to work with!
Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  11 BROADWAY SUITE 1051, NEW YORK, NY 10004August 31, 2016
I have the ability to grow my career, advance my skills, and work on projects directly related to my function. I enjoy working with people and the satisfaction I have for helping individuals find "careers" and not "jobs". ORAIKO has an awesome culture and great company values. Highly recommend this ORAIKO to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ORAIKO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9