Orange City Area Health System

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment

Excellent start of a career

Small Critical Access hospital with around 25-30 bed general medical-surgical nursing floor, ER, and OB wings. An excellent team work/collaboration unit. Rather conservative in philosophy, but excellent caring management/administration. Many friendships formed here.

Pros

Payroll deducted meals, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, IAPERS retirement fund.

Cons

low-level acuity patients.

Amazing coworkers and exemplary healthcare

OCAHS sets the bar for both work place and health care. It is a small town hospital, but has amazing, highly trained and knowledgeable medical providers, professional coworkers, positive environment, and great management. Such a team!

Pros

Amazing staff and positive work place

Cons

Beautiful and safe place to work

I worked as a per diem interpreter here for Spanish a couple years back. Also been a patient here. It is actually quite impressive how beautiful this facility is aesthetically for being such a small town! Beautiful and clean. While I did not work with all the doctors since my position was only per diem, I thought they were quite easy to work with and professional. A lot of other small clinics and hospitals would not live up to these standards. Pay was pretty good too, though I can't speak for other employees who were full time and in other roles.

Pros

safe, beautiful environment, pretty good pay

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange City Area Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Orange City Area Health System Reviews by Job Title