Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced, unpredictable, challenging but satisfying
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Great learning experience, nurses and physicians are overall great to work with. Case managers do not work collaboratively and there is constant in-fighting and turf wars. Manager is newer and working on improving department, but faces a lot of challenges with changing a cut-throat culture that has existed for a very long time.
Productive and friendly workplace with hardworking employees
Physical Therapy Office Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 18, 2017
The mornings are a bit slow but pick up around noon. Typically i do clerical work and interact with patients as they come in for their appointment. I manage my time from checking in patients and doing routine checks of the treatment rooms. The hardest part of the job is admitting a new patient because it involves a lot of paperwork. The most enjoyable part of he job is seeing the patient get the help that they need
Quick paced work enviornment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 7, 2017
I have definitely learned a great deal from Orange COast. They are really flexible and have a great culture. Could receive more pay elsewhere. Great for transferring within.
Avoid!
Internal Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 3, 2017
No autonomy, and we are micromanaged despite telling us we are not micromanaged. Minimal to no opportunities for growth were presented. Would not recommended.
Pros
Competitive compensation
Cons
Poorly managed, micromanaged, no autonomy
family environment
Clinical Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 13, 2017
Great place to work with good benefits and great people. I would not leave but I need to relocate. I have worked here for 15 years and it has been a great experience and opportunity for me.
Productive and busy workplace
Executive Assistant/Projects (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 10, 2017
Great company and positive culture, great benefits, flexible hours, overtime, training, advancement, fun environment, engaging leaders, paid time off/vacation time
Very fast paced, and talented coworkers to collaborate with
GI Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 26, 2017
Preop patient, provide conscious sedation for GI Procedures, recover patient to discharge home. Collaborate with other nurses in department and various floors during communication of patient status. On-call after 5:00 P.M. for emergency procedures. A very culturally diverse population of nurses, physicians and patients. The hardest part of the job is on-call being called in during early morning hours, and then working your regular shift in addition.
Pros
Team collaboration, fun, and helpful nurses and resources
Cons
Not enough nurses to take call
Team player, multitasker, customer service friendly , self motivated
Medical Records Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center is a magnet hospital that is always looking to grow and strive for the best. I've seen this in the 16 years I have been working there. In my field of work as a medical records technician II, the medical center is good with time management. For example, getting patients and doctors health information they need in a timely, efficient, and correct manner. The doctors and census have grown since I've been here and continues to grow. Team work comes in handy in these busy times, which is also a benefit of this hospital.
Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center has a great benefits package for its employees.
Pros
Time management, team work, high census, benefits
Cons
More staff needed
Great for patients
Admitting Rep (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 19, 2017
The company itself is great, however in certain departments management is not so great. Some workers may find it pleasant to work for this company, but others not so much.
Pros
Great company
Cons
horrible management and lack of support for human resource.
good
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  fountain valleyOctober 3, 2015
Over all is a good place to work. Not very big so generally not to busy. One down side not a for profit so pay is not that good.
Great atmosphere that encourages work life balance.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 10, 2015
Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center is a great company that encourages cooperation among their employees as well as positive work life balance.
Supportive Management,professional co-workers.
Regiesterd Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 8, 2015
Management and co-workers works as a team, gives good quality care to patients and families,well culturally diversified,respects each other,has open communications ,discussions to to meet the needs of everyone. A place like a second home.
Pros
Awards, incentives.
Cons
None I could think of.
Is a fun place to work and flexible with involves family needs.
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMarch 12, 2015
Is a great place to work with co-workers.
I get to interact with patients, insurances, and doctor;s offices.
The hardest part of my job is nowing that we need, in my department, more help and is not help is provided.
Is it hard to not be able to help a patient because an insurance denial.
I enjoy being able help patients to the authorization process and obtain one and they are able to have surgery.
Pros
The company provides a Good Life Program for employees
Cons
No room to grow or advancemend in this company
Crowded
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 19, 2015
The Hospital is crowded and no room to work efffiently. patient privacy is a problem in the OR. Supplies where hard to get because of the tight space
Pros
area
Cons
no room to work
A great place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Senior leadership is engaged
collaborative work environment
good benefits
good work/life balance
opportunity for advancement
caring and proffesional workplace.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Love to greet patients and make them feel supportive on there visit.
I have learned to multi-task rapidly with a large amount of patients daily.The management at OCMMC I feel is great with trying to understand the needs of availabilty and productivity in each eployee. I work very well with others, I have never had a problem getting along with anyone i have ever worked with. There isnt really anything hard about my job dutties, the most enjoyable part of my job is when the schedule for the day is on point which makes everyones visit fast and on time to see and enjoy patients smile as they leave satisfied.
Pros
we get two 10 =min brakes and a 30min lunch
Cons
lunch brakes should be a little longer.
all new equipment
Pharmacy Technician Inpatient (Former Employee) –  fountain valley, californiaApril 16, 2014
I was only there for a short amount of time. daily assignments consisted of narc delivery, ivpb, phone calls, packaging, and chemo or tpns
Employees are taken care of
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 18, 2014
The work place is nice especially when they renovated the hospital. The Managers are nice and very flexible. Some Nurses on other floors can be a snob but some are really friendly
Pros
Freebies during nurses week
Cons
scheduling not that flexible
Wonderful organizational culture, great staff and management.
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 21, 2013
Comfortable, family like working atmosphere.
Great multidisciplinary team relationship.
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 18, 2013
Nice place to work, enjoyed working with my co workers, always busy.

Management Could be better.

rating 4
Pros
nice
Cons
management