Orange County Transportation Authority Pay & Benefits reviews

you can run in the back of a car and they will cover for you if they don't like you they'll lie on you and say that you passed a wheelchair . ,
Driver (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 15, 2019
It should be mandatory that management and supervisors. have to drive the buses for two weeks a year, upper management must ride 2 weeks. For change.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
You meet a lot of cutthroat people that will tattle on you it's a lot of gossiping, backstabbing amongst managers supervisors and the drivers
Wonderful Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 10, 2018
The "Workforce Education" and tuition reimbursement offered at OCTA allowed me to receive my college degree. The benefits and "Rideshare Perks" that could be earned were phenomenal.
Pros
I received my Bachelors of Science degree while working at OCTA
I worked here for a very long time and had a great manager however when my manager retired and replaced by someone else it wasn't the same
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 21, 2017
I found OCTA to be a great place to work for a very long time. I had a wonderful manager which I believe has very much to do with anyone's job satisfaction. I believe this is true for most jobs so even within the same company someone could have a great experience and love their job while someone with a different manager and position within the company could have a horrible experience. So it really does depend upon your manager and your co-workers as well as the job itself.

For me, it was a great place to work with really great co-workers, manager and I loved what I did also. When my manager retired and another one filled his position it was ok for another 2 years but then started to change. The environment was not good and more people had decreased job satisfaction. Alot of this was due also to a person that was hired who was unbelievable awful to work with. Before she was hired I never thought about retirement but after she was hired there was a definite decline in morale and I came to a decision that I would retire because she was impossible to work with.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, rewarded for good work, great co-workers for the most part
Cons
Could have a bad manager, could work with an awful person
Fun place to work good training
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 3, 2017
Work in bound call center giving out bus information. Give a cost route them from destination to the end of the destination . We used the Thomas guild micro finche. Employees very helpful. Good hours comfortable environment
Pros
Great benefits, comfortable office, safe environment, nice employees, people are helpful, good health insurance, and he was OK, got raises
Cons
Or to drive, Lope
40 hours work weeks regardless of the work load.
Certified Journeyman Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 21, 2017
If you are interested in working 40 hours work weeks and do not mind working at night, holidays and weekends. The benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision are good.
Pros
There is always work.
Cons
Having to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Good job
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 22, 2017
It's a good job schedules can be hard to maintain and advancement is available,Vehicles are new as of 2016, good salary and benefits along with retirement,Teamsters 401k
Pros
good salary
Cons
Union job, stressful
Great Company
Capital Projects Intern (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 2, 2016
OCTA is a great company to work for and offers maximum job security. I have learned plenty from everyone who works there, and the benefits for full-time employees seems great. My role at OCTA is Capital Projects Intern and only spans the duration of 1000 hours in 12 months.
Pros
Very Structured
Cons
Temporary Internship
worst place to work
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 6, 2015
The only Pro's about working at OCTA, the benefits, and pay.
Con's
The management has a blame the driver policy, where as anytime there's a problem they can't fix are is to much trouble to address, they just blame the driver. They just add a new policy rule that will make it the driver's fault, ex.,if a driver is assaulted and you defend yourself, your at fault and subject to termination. But if you do nothing and ask for assistance in prosecuting your attacker, it's not their problem, and your on your own.
And thats the best that can be said about working at OCTA, it only get's worse.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
everything else
Great benefits.
Meachnic (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 21, 2014
It was a good job. Great benefits. Good pay. Union. It was poorly managed. Good coworkers. Very labor intensive at times. Payed sick days and four weeks vacation after three years. Two payed personal days. Lots of other benefits.
Pros
Great benefits. Good pay. Union
Cons
Poorly managed.
Loved my time there.
former Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove July 11, 2013
I worked at OCTA for 5 years and enjoyed my time there and loved the people. As a Coach Operator I got to know and respect the operations team and and management. Of course business is business and there are limitations as an employee but, overall the job was great. The pay and benefits were excellent at the time and the communication between management and staff was good.
benefits
Cons
shifts
A good place to work very stressful
Journeyman Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana Calif.February 18, 2013
Go into the base and Pre trip your bus, take to starting point and board passengers and start your day dropping off and picking up passengers some with wheelchairs lock them in with all straps (some drivers only use one or two straps) for safty. have a 2 hour wait to go onto your nest route then do it again. inbetween play ping pong workout in the gym. I learned that the bus driving is ok to do as a tempory situation but you need to move up in management or become like the old drivers and get bitter.
Pros
good paying and benifits
Cons
long breaks in between
Productive workplace and very pleasant co-workers
Office Specialist, Senior (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 2, 2012
Very comfortable work environment. Good location, excellent benefits.
Pros
flexible lunches and break times.