Orange County Employee Reviews

Relaxed Teaching environment with friendly employees
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Was a TA, responsibilities included reviewing course material and assisting students in their coursework. Environment is rather lax and enjoyable, being able to work on your own schedule is a big plus to work here.
Law Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 12, 2019
You will get a lot of experience. You will get to do legal research and writing and work with some of the top attorneys. You will be able to see interesting court proceedings.
Caring and professional environment
Certified Alcohol And Drug Counselor (Current Employee) –  Trabuco Canyon, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Fast paced, need to be able to multitask and handle frequent interruptions. Flexibility is a must. Professional atmosphere working with several collaboratives.
Excellent growth opportunity
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 8, 2019
The County offered me the opportunity to learn and grow in the field of transportation planning. It opened the door to many other opportunities. It offered excellent benefits and a great working environment.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Slow salary advancement.
Not a positive place to work
Office Specialist Administration (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 5, 2019
in a word, think about working for donald trump cloned a million times. You have to learn survival techniques or sell your soul. You have to maintain your ethics or sell it to the highest bidder. You have to have principles or sell it to the highest bidder. Trust no one and stand for something. Be able to look in the mirror. You have to have a strong sense of self and not willing to compromise.
Benefits
Cons
The Devils Workshop
Prodcutive and challenging work place
Corrections Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2018
Work is what you make it. If you have a positive "go getter" type attitude, you can make this job a career. The work day depends on the position. In my position, my average work day can vary from 8-10 hours. There is never a dull moment with all that can happen inside a jail. The staff are more than competent and professional. There are opportunities to learn and grow. However advancement opportunities are smaller for civilian employees versus certified employees.
Great job low pay.
VPK Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 21, 2018
Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs
Responsible for record-keeping of all documents for the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program, some of which are confidential in nature
Perform research, collection and analysis of data related to area of assignment and communicate developments to management
Prepare statistical charts, tables and graphs for use in reports and meetings coordinate and maintain calendars for professional staff
Coordinate and schedule appointments, court appearances, lectures, seminars, and prepare daily agenda
Participate in interview, selection and training of other staff members
Participate in emergency activities/response
Pros
Company vehicles
Cons
Low pay
Underpaid and Discipline is not important
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 20, 2018
Discipline in public schools no longer exists. The superintendent is all about politics and money. Its sad the direction that education has taken in Florida. The governor did away with step raises. You made less every year you stayed teaching.
Pros
summers off
Cons
no discipline, safety with rise in school shootings
Excellent place to work.
Systems Engineer (Telecommute) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2018
Excellent place to work. Great work environment, culture is good, managers are excellent. Ample room to do work without micro management. Ample room for growth.
Short Time at the County
Learning and Organizational Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 14, 2018
My review is a bit biased as I did not spend much time there.

The culture was very dry and slow-moving at the time.

The organization was filled with smart people and plenty of resources.

Great potential for good job security and benefits, but may not be worth it for many people.
Westminster vote day!
Westminster Voting Booth Associatte (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CADecember 10, 2018
As a youth member in this country it is so important that we all get out and VOTE. It may not be the fun night out at a party, but it will help you realize your role as a citizen in this country. It is difficult, but I was often ready to managed! Vote at every opportunity that you have in this country. Every two-four years is recommended.
Pros
Hands on
Cons
Long day of over 12 hours
Black Ball
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
Doesn't matter how qualified you are, what training you take, if the boss doesn't like you, you're not going anywhere. Very political and petty. Doesn't matter how good you do, your raise is the same as everyone else
Pros
Pension
Cons
No flexibility
I had the greatest time on this journey!
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 17, 2018
This job offered me so much that I wasn't even thinking of when I started. I was given a great opportunity to learn a whole new career without asking to be transferred and the opportunity to become very good at it!
Pros
Opportunities to grow and be a mentor.
Cons
Some of the people and their restricted mindset, even in leadership positions.
Nice place to work and learn about voting.
Election Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 8, 2018
Even though is part time work, it great place to work. The people are great to be a round. Ever new election we get to meet new people wanting to work the Election process..
Pros
You have work for a long time.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Interesting Work & Nice People to Work With
Office Assistant - Community Services (Former Employee) –  Stanton, CANovember 1, 2018
I was kept busy at the front desk in dealing with the public by distributing food, answering phones, helping the children with reading, and other administrative duties.
Pros
Nice people in the office and the public.
Cons
I was part-time.
Professional and well organized managment
Special Education Paraeducator Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 21, 2018
I did not work closely enough with many people in this district to be able to provide any accurate or impactful information regarding working in this company.
Wonderful People
Florida (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2018
It takes a very special person to work at a dmv. The people in this office are kind, patient and knowledgable. They are always there to help you out. The unfortunate part is having 3 managers who can never seem to get on the same page. Laws are constantly changing and each reads it a different way. Perfect position for a stay at home mom or dad to work during the school day. No nights, weekends, or holidays.
I would never go back
SSA, Eligibility Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 17, 2018
Government work is unlike corporate work. It's all about who you know/who likes you/who your relatives are. Intelligence is threatening to management, and when you show initiative they black-ball you. I couldn't wait to leave.
Pros
Flex schedules
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun work place
Lawn Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 12, 2018
It was a good place to work and everything that I done was easy nothing really hard and it was pretty good place to work and everything that I was asked to do I done it to the best of my knowledge.
Pros
I was able to have a good lunch.
Cons
Take breaks when you get a chance.
Supportive work environment with colleagues who genuinely care for their employees.
Public Health Nutritionist II (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 12, 2018
Working at Orange County for 17 years provided me with an amazing amount of education, training, and leadership skills. Management is supportive and flexible, expecting high quality work with appropriate resources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange County. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

4.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight