Orange Park Medical Center Employee Reviews

Job description
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 16, 2018
Cardiac monitor technicians are responsible for watching patients' heart rates and reporting important changes to the nursing staff; they often use equipment that tracks several patients simultaneously. They also help clean and maintain equipment and ensure batteries are charged and installed properly.
Pros
Make own Schedule
Cons
Manager was not respectful, didn't care about your health
Hostile work environment
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2018
Hostile work environment, very clickish CT dept. They smile in your face while they conspire to throw you under the bus and ruin you. Beware, they cover each other’s dirt, if you’re not in; they jump on you like a pack of dirty rabid wolves. Worst, you complain and they will attack you any way they can and management is just as horrible. Stay away from them!!
Pros
Going home
Cons
Toxic coworkers and hostile work place
Decent pay but bad management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 9, 2018
Little for advancement from within. Good pay and decent benefits. The turnaround rate of employees was pretty high. I worked here as a trainer and phlebotomist.
Horrible upper management
Surgical services employee (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 28, 2018
They keep people in upper management that make decisions based on money, not on patients. They cut the staff's hours and don't even allow them to properly care, clean, or do their job.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
everything else
im so glad i have the opportunity to work for this company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2018
since i been working for this company I`ve learned so many things to further my career as a health care working I'm so excited about the up and coming things to learn working for this company my supervisor always try her best to help with any problems or concerns that i may have I'm looking forward to working for this company many years to come
Time to get the job done
Registation (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 5, 2018
With working for this company I learned a lot about time management and how to get a job done in the quickest most efficient way possible. I would say that this company also made me learn how to stay focused on getting a task done in the best time possible.
Good team work enviroment
RN (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 29, 2018
At present, work in PACU with flexible hours and on-call, as needed for department converage. Nursing care at BS, initial focus on maintaining pt airway, upon arousal from anestheisa.
N/a
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 17, 2018
Enjoyable part was the patients , the worst part was the turnover with staffing, never could find help when needed, management more concerned with scores.
Workplace Culture
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 14, 2018
Everyone is friendly and works as a team! The nurses as well as the PCT's work as a team. The In-patient Rehab is awesome. They have great therapy. The goal is to get the patients back to their normal state before they have entered into the hospital.
great ER
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2018
Great ER love working in the ER . staff was great. great team work. miss a lot of my co-workers and volunteer's such beautiful people. upper leadership was great and personal knew everyone
Pros
Great ER
n/a
Admit Clerk/Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 16, 2018
Great company to work for! Provide a great opportunity to expand your work knowledge about the hospital environment and the relationship between all the departments.
Productive and past faced environment.
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 4, 2018
It was great working for this institiution. My coworkers are very helpful and I learned a lot and developed plenty of experiences upon working here. I would recommend this job to anybody.
Friendly and taught me many new skills
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 27, 2018
I worked there as a CNA student from Orange Park High school and the workers we shadowed were very friendly for the most part. The hardest part is trying not to get attached to patients while working there.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Understaffed
Difficult
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 6, 2018
It was hard working here. Some co-workers were out for self and would try to undercut the leadership. I was glad to find a position with a new company and would not go back to Orange Park Medical Center.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Staff
wonderful work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 19, 2018
I worked as a CNA on the 4th floor for about a year. I really enjoyed working there and I made alot of friends while I was there. Every body is so down to earth and respectable. If I didnt have to relocate to another state I would still be working there. I would refer anybody to work there
Pros
Fair pay great benefits
Cons
non
Like much of healthcare, not enough people to do all that is expected.
Director Risk Management and Patient Safety (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 13, 2018
High expectations and high standands meant many long work days. Management not transparent. They kept plans and true goals close to their chests. Great group of Directors who know how to get the job done.
Pros
Many talented employees.
Cons
Lack of administrative support.
Medium-sized suburban hospital with generally positive work environment.
RN VA Navigator (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 5, 2018
OPMC was a generally positive place to work, with a somewhat small-town feel to the organization. That is not to say there weren't "office politics" because there were, but generally, the folks are nice.
Fast paced environment
Patient care assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Love this place great place to work fun people great hours good pay good management great services good doctors great nurses quick service clean environments close to food and stores
n/a
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2018
i always love working at this facilty. great people and staff. it is a fast pace and safe envirnomet. As well as friendly and with a helping hand. great custumer service
Good company to work for
Staff Nurse, R.N (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 31, 2017
Labor and delivery department is very busy. I have learned a lot from the experienced staff. I started off with no labor and delivery experience and have been given the training to properly care for my patients.
Pros
Beautiful environment to work in
Cons
Busy unit - sometimes don't get break until late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Park Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange Park Medical Center Reviews by Location