Orange Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  4westJuly 10, 2019
Great staff, great pay, flexible scheduling and clean work environment
Everyone from each department works together. Work equipment is all up to date and in good working order. Delicious cafeteria food for staff and visitors
great place to work
Hospitalist Physician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 25, 2019
7 am to 7 pm schedule
teaching service
great management
great culture
great teaching interns/ resident
great working wiht consultants
teaching is the most enjoyable part of the job
great nursing at ORMC
Mostly a great place to work
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 13, 2019
I started as per-diem but was working full-time hours. Which became an issue for me since I was working full-time but receiving no benefits. After 4 months or so, I transitioned to an available .5 position and received benefits and similar hours. I want to say about 90% of the people who work there are incredibly nice and want to help as much as they can. The rest can be snotty and make you wonder why they entered the healthcare industry.

Management (for Transport) is not great, you basically never see them unless you do something wrong. A lot of miscommunication but can be avoided if you're not around their office and just float around the hospital.

The job itself and the patients are probably the best part (IMO).
Pros
Benefits, free food sometimes, mostly nice people working there, patients are awesome
Cons
Can be catty, management issues, some people can be difficult to work with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 10, 2019
Management is the worst. Your co-workers are lazy, and they put a lot of work on the technician so that they can stand at the nurses station, and talk about their latest Keto diet. Management and the nurses are bullies. Some of the nurses are friends with management. As soon as you do something remotely wrong, they tag team to get you fired. There is one tech during the day and one at night. You work under four nurses during the day, and three or four at night. Plus you have sixteen patients to take vitals for, and answer to every single demand that they request. You have to abide by all the demands of the nurses and the patients while multi-tasking to get your job done in a timely manner. You are responsible for vitals, urine and stool samples, as well as cleaning up incontinent patients. The nurses ask you for everything, which doesn't allow you to focus on your tasks. this makes you more liable to make a mistake. Did I say the nurses don't help? The nurses don't help! You may get one good nurse that is willing to save you from drowning in your work, but that's about it. The supervisor is extremely manipulative, and she has a little pet worker that will watch everything that you do, and then report it to her in order to get you in trouble. The amount of drama in this facility is outrageous and not worth it.These people even attack people with the thickest of skin. No one deserves to be disrespected or belittled. You will be happier working in another facilty. Maybe even in another department. I do not recommended working in the clinical decision area.

CONS:
There is no
  more... confidentiality, all of the nurses know your business. If they don't know your business, your supervisor will tell them.b You're barely able to go to the restroom without the nurses having a panic attack because they're too entitled to help you with your work, and they need something now! You're barely able to have things work around your schedule. Other techs will not switch days with you if you need a day off to get something done.
Walking patients to the bathroom which takes a large amount of your time, Nurses will come get you to do a job instead of doing it themselves. Supervisors pretend to empathize with you, and then talk about you behind your back to the nurses, but there is always one snitch that will put it out there in the open.
This is not a good place to work if you want to keep your sanity.
Pros
You will encounter some of the sweetest patients.
Cons
Short break, or no break at all
Good
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 10, 2019
Receive lab specimens and prepare them with the correct data intake for the lab technicians.

Go to the different areas of then hospital and pick up specimens.
Pros
High paced and everyday was different
Cons
Lack of leadership
Good nurses
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 7, 2019
needs More staffing, big management turnover all the time. Good benefits, salaries are good. Raises every year, would recommend working here. Hospital is beautiful but really needs to work on staffing
Food Service Worker
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 1, 2019
I worked at Ormc in Food Service for five years. Management is awful. Supervisors are great, but directors are awful. They do have a no tolerance policy when it comes to sexual harassment. Benefits are offered for both part time and full time and the benefits are fantastic. I had the opportunity to grow as they saw potential in me. I learned a lot and was offered more hours/more responsibility. They pay is great. You must work every single holiday the first few years you’re there unless you’re a favorite.
Pros
Free lunch on break, Lead Workers and Supervisors are great and helpful, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Directors are awful, physically and mentally exhausting, No communication, work every holiday, spoken down too by directors, favoritism
Good training experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 25, 2019
Learn a lot from company. Would accept permanent position with company. Overall great experience. Helps build my confidence. Clean and pleasant working environment.
Pros
Great training experience
Cons
More hands on for students
Promotes further education,
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 12, 2019
Excellent working conditions, flexible hours, vreat benefits, opportunities for further education. I would recommend this facility for experienced nurses and nurses with a little or none experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no breaksshort breakes
Good place to work, Great benefits
Phlebotomist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 11, 2019
I had a good experience working here for the most part. The department I worked in was well organized. I personally like that they have the union but some of the rules established by the union as far as hiring and advancement can use some review and tweaking in my personal opinion. I have seen quite a bit of advancement as far as hospital unity among the different departments but can still use a little work. They do give workshops here to try and improve workplace unity and the relationship between pts and staff.
Overall it was a good experience! oh and they have weight watchers here and some fitness groups that do challenges and different things to promote weight loss/ weight management and overall physical health.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Need to review hiring and advancement based on unioin rules
A good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2019
ORMC is a good place to work if you just need a job. There is no cursor line for advancement and management, has no answers. Not a supporting culture,
Excellent employer
Staff Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 27, 2019
A great place to work. My co workers were like family. Never regretted going to work. I had great times with my co workers and management. Go Orange Regional Medical Center
Nothing to say
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 26, 2019
This was a temporary position that provided the income needed at the time. By the time I was offered a permanent position it was too late and I had found another full time position that I was happier doing.
Cancer Center
Nursing Unit Coordinating Clerk (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 20, 2019
Dealing with patient who has a terminal illness is difficult. we try to do everything we can as staff to make their visit at the hospital as smooth as possible. We assure we have the medication orders, authorization and a reserved seating for every patient that walks through our doors, All staff are great, helpful, empathetic, sympathetic to both patients and relatives
Pros
Meeting great people both staff and patient
Cons
salary
Ormc
Ob Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 7, 2019
ORMC had great staff on the labor and delivery unit. They were always there to help and answer questions. Most of the nurses had been there long term and there was little turn over.
Flexible hours and a great team, great hospital setting
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 3, 2019
A typical day at work is different everyday because you are in a fast-paced hospital setting. This has been an amazing opportunity because I was able to brush up on my clinical skills and critical thinking, and learned so many new nursing skills. The management side of things I have felt mixed because I have seen favoritism and if the higher ups don't like you, how they can make it their mission to target you and get rid of you.Personally, I cannot say I have experienced these issues. I would say my fellow nurses and nursing assistants played a huge role in team work and lending a helping hand. The hardest part of the job is at times feeling like it's unrealistic for one nurse to be able to do everything all at once because the workload is so heavy and hard to keep up. And just feeling like there isn't enough time to spend with patients that might need it more than others. Also, when we are short staffed, it feels unsafe. The most enjoyable part is working with others that "have my back" and the ability to self-schedule your shifts.
Pros
Self-schedule, excellent learning opportunities
Cons
Management, time constraints, short staffed at times
Bad management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 23, 2018
The supervisors were awesome and worked around your schedule. Some of the upper management were poor to deal with . Don’t work on the food department. That director is horrible and rude. Some of the other kitchen employees disappeared for hours. The director wouldn’t even know or care. I liked the job and some of the people. Like I stated before, Nancy the food director is the reason why so many people want to leave the department. She’s prejudicial towards people
Benefits
Great
Psych Tech (Current Employee) –  NYDecember 21, 2018
Great place to work, amazing teamwork. If you have the chance to work here I recommend it great experiences. Downfall, they need more staff and security.
Not Bad
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 11, 2018
Orange Regional (I worked Food Service) pays well and offers full and part time status. Competitive workplace. Fast paced. A typical day consists of looking on a deployment chart, going to your station and you are there the entirety of your shift. You get one hour break if you are in the kitchen, and room service assistants (RSA) get two 15 minute breaks I believe, I don’t 100% remember.
There is very little room for career advancement, Little to none. That may put some people off.
Employees often don’t include you or don’t like you. At least, that was my experience.
You don’t leave until everything in the kitchen is done.
Pros
Discounts on food, frequent breaks, good pay
Cons
Little to no room for career advancement.
productive and fun place
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 28, 2018
working at orange regional was a great experience, i was able to be apart of the new building that they created. i also had the opportunity to work in the clinic drawing blood as a phlebotomist

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location