Orangetheory Fitness Employee Reviews

Good experience
HEAD FITNESS COACH (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
The head coach position became less about coaching and more about developing coaches, managing the studio, generating retention or new revenue, attending meetings and doing what upper management had asked which had helped me develop and gain the tools to one day own and operate my own studio. Overall, it was a good experience.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Development and mangement
Hottest 1 hour workout
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 15, 2018
You won't find a better HIIT workout. Orangetheory provides a great experience and with consistency, results are endless. Helpful staff and a life changing, hour group workout.
Great work place
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Amazing facilities and culture, fun environment and nice place to work. Competitive work place but lots of turnover. Gaining a health life style is a benefit to work here.
Fun High Energy
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2018
Lots of fun energetic people and always a positive environment. Really enjoyed helping people reach their fitness goals and to see the satisfaction it brings
Upbeat work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 7, 2018
Enjoyed working here due to the upbeat clients that are happy to be here. Sales were easier due to the high quality product. I was not happy with the hourly pay or lack of benefits. The upper management was not always organized. Getting to work out is a nice benefit
Otf
Membership Advisor & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 6, 2018
Depending on the location, your manager may or may not be incredibly absent and impossible to get a hold of. It's a difficult job even if part-time because it's heavy sales.
Pros
Free workouts
Cons
not fun
Great environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 30, 2018
This is a great job opportunity for someone that wants to work part-time only. As a manager I really never left work because my phone will never stop working and I did not mind that at all... what I wasn't ok with, was the pay.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
you really never stop working...
Relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 29, 2018
Provided flexible hours that worked with my summer. Co-workers were enjoyable and collaborative, helped each other with sales but kept a competitive environment.
The employees and members are great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  WIAugust 27, 2018
when applying and interviewing for this job i was completely blindsided. the pay is not what i was told and its not for me. some people do great here but if your the type of person who wants to make a difference i do not recommend this at all. I wish it was better for me but it just isn't the place for me.
OTF Edina
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 24, 2018
Great family. Excellent opportunities to network and share interests with like-minded professionals. A healthy atmosphere to improve as a person and working professional.
The best company I've ever enjoyed working for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 20, 2018
Orangetheory Fitness is an amazing company and it was a sad day when I decided to leave for school. A typical day includes prepping your day for classes, taking care of members, and getting ready to pitch and sell memberships. Management is amazing and is really looking out for its team. The workplace was supportive and encouraging of you as an individual, not just another employee. I always left work with a smile and felt better with incredible members, supportive coworkers, and trustworthy management.
Potential to Grow
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 18, 2018
I've had the opportunity to grow within the company. I've been to Summits and Conventions to learn more about the company and the direction that it's going long term.
Not a good place to work
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2018
All they cared about was money. Not a nice place to work for especially in Tampa. Very unorganized and very cutthroat. They don’t care how your career advancement is.
Super fun place to work
REGIONAL FITNESS COACH/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work and highest paid group training in the industry. Corporate studios might let you go for no reason. Blind sided! The members are the best. Family atmosphere.
Pros
Free workouts, discount on clothing and best pay in the industry
Cons
No health care.
Loved my job
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 13, 2018
Greet company, great people, great environment. Enjoyed the members and the employees. Laid back, fun environment. Great facility with energetic staff.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun environment, daily workout
Good part time
Orangethory fitness coach (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 13, 2018
Good part time job lots of positive energy members are great and you get a free membership with the gig. Just was not enough hours to go around. People are great owners are great staff is awesome.
It was alright. Hard to make commission
Membership Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2018
Working at OTF was a bit overwhelming. Unless you live in a rich area it's hard to sell $160 gym memberships. The pay is hourly plus commission but again it's kinda impossible to make the commission when nobody wants to pay that much for a gym, especially if there are other gyms nearby.
Pros
Pros: Easy work
Cons
Manager is cut throat
very fast pase, with great members
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 10, 2018
A typical day coming to Orangetheory would be cleaning, checking members in, making new profiles, scanning documents, and making 40+ calls a day no matter what. By the end of the day cleaning again before we left too.
good
Sales associate and trainer's assistant (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 30, 2018
it is a simple job , management and staff are nice people that are easy to work with. hours are available and opportunities to learn sales are always there.
Best Job I've Ever Had
REGIONAL HEAD COACH (Current Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 29, 2018
I absolutely love my job! I love the company, my coworkers and my owners. I started this second career after spending 10 years in a highly stressful corporate job. While I don't make what I made back then, my quality of life is so much higher. I can honestly say I've never been happier in a job than I am now!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orangetheory Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight