Orangetheory Fitness
Updates from Orangetheory Fitness:

Orangetheory Fitness Employee Reviews

United States673 reviews
Featured review
Orangetheory Fitness selected this as a representative review
Fun and high energy
Orange theory fitness has some of the best members, fun studio environment, and supportive management. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking a job in this profession.
Easy Job
Overall really was an easy job. Very customer service focused and if you get along with people you'll really like it. Sometimes it can be challenging because there are lot of things out of your control. Pay sucks, you can earn commission but don't expect to make a lot more.
Rush, rush, rush
Unrealistic deadlines, poor incentives, lack of proactiveness and direction. Many days have various project surprises that does not encourage work life balance.
fun with a fitness orientation
I love going to work every day because each day holds something different. I love the personal connection I have formed with members outside of the studio and that my job combines the two things I love, fitness and business!
Make sure management is good
The management was terrible, I had to deal with an aloof and stressed out assistant manager as the GM was stepping down management flipped 3 times and there was poor top down communication. Work was easy AF but management made the job unbearable
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Awesome class structure, culture varies greatly by location
Fabulous place to be temporarily. Opportunity, advancement, continuing education, and culture are highly variable from location to location. A good manager will create a good experience.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no benefits and can be unorganized
Fun place to work
Management & corporate are too focused on the business & finances rather then caring for the employees. Communication between management & employees is lacking.
If you can engage an audience and coach a motivating fitness class you can make a good livung here
Enjoyable! the culture and members make this a dream. The formula is already in place you just need to step in and put on a performance that people love to workout to.
Great Atmosphere and Important work
As a coach you make as much as you would as a sales associate that works 40 hours but only have to teach about 16-20 classes per week so the time to pay ratio is really good. You get at least 25$ an hour as a coach and scales really well depending on how many people show up. Great energy while coaching and most members are awesome to work with.
Depends on your long-term goals
When I first began working here, I enjoyed the environment and the support from others. After working for 8 months, I began training for Assistant Manager. Sadly the pay is very minimal. I started at $9/hr plus commission, but only advanced to $10.50/hr before being let go due to COVID-19. The training for AM would have taken 3-4 months as well as waiting to get approval for regional managers. It was a great environment due to the members and management, but it was not something I could see creating a long-term position that would be able to pay well enough for me to work here after getting my Bachelors degree.
Pros
Free workouts. Great management.
Cons
Low pay. Sales vary greatly. More work than what paid for.
Great atmosphere and a positive environment
I loved working at Orangetheory Fitness. All of the members there as well as my coworkers were all great people. I learned a lot about sales which I wasn't super familiar with in the beginning. I learned how to be a good sales person and the importance of customer service.
Different working environment but in a fun way.
This office utilizes the modern approach to its culture. Group activities focusing on mental psychical health. The benefits are great. The work load can be challenging and plentiful but the incentives make it all worth it.
I worked here for a while and overall I enjoyed it. Management needed way more training.
I had a good first half working at OTF the free classes are a great perk. At first management was excellent. There was quite a bit of drama between coaches and sales and it was tough for some people to handle .
Pros
Free workouts, community, flexibility.
Cons
Drama poor management
Great Company
The office culture is one of the best things this company has to offer. As the company continues to grow it will begin to change the culture in the office.
Overall the best job to have as a fitness coach!
I have had so much fun working with Orangetheory and helping the membership grow! Being a coach to open two locations and helping them turn from a business into a safe place where families go to get fit and make friends and connections in their community.
Great job, great people, terrible pay
I really enjoy the work that I do, love the members that attend, and really enjoy the team that I work with.

However, you can expect to be paid pennies for the work that you do, all hidden behind the excuse of commissions. Management usually gets upset if you bring up pay issues even though you're promised a raise after the probation period even though you'll never see it..
Pros
Great team. Great members.
Cons
Terrible pay.
Great, positive atmosphere
learned new software, dealing with all types of people and situations, got to show my interpersonal skills and learn new sales techniques. Great workout
Productive, Community building workout studio
OrangeTheory is a company with plenty of growth opportunities. The workouts are challenging to coach but they offer you as much guidance as possible. I started as a Sales Associate and worked my way up to a Head Coach in just a few years. Doubling my salary in that time. The studio is an incredible place to be apart of with so many engaging member activities outside of just the workouts. Its a place for great minded people with a true passion for fitness
The best company I've ever worked at!
- What we did changed lives of the people we came into contact with.
- Training was provided.

- Communication was top notch.

- Feedback was constant and constructive.

- Culture can be a little like high school, but was overall great.
Awesome company
Love the members and the company want like work
Great team and coaches , love the environment : clean organized and new , amazing workout I lost 30 pounds
Productive and fun work space.
Orangetheory Fitness allowed me to gain experience in the 3 1/2 years of working there. I was able to learn from my peers and my management who were very respectful and accommodating to a full-time student. The workplace culture was very welcoming, I never felt like I was left out at any point.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orangetheory Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Orangetheory Fitness.