Orangetheory Fitness Employee Reviews

Amazing learning curve
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2019
When you work for OTF it really does change your perspective on bettering yourself. They are amazing at helping you hit your goals and bringing up your self worth. The workouts they provide are amazing and differnt everyday and scientifically proven to work. They really helped me learn more about fitness and how to build your team for success.
Pros
Free gym memberships
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibility
Corporate was horrible to work for
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, CAMay 17, 2019
Corporate in Flordia, vs. studios in California. Horrible skills at knowing anything with California Laws and communication time differences. Awful to work for.
Environment Toxic/Management not involved
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLMay 17, 2019
A typical day at work is not so exciting but the members/trainers are what makes me come to work everyday! I got hired but training was not very thorough! You get thrown on a computer! Short staffed mostly all the time! Workloads that Studio Manager is given (Manager required tasks) is done by you or another SA. but are not ever acknowledged for your work/goal completed. Never see the owners unless they are in the area! Owners are not very involved at all.

Outsourcing is huge for Orange theory! This is where you can gain all your business from & succeed! I had to motivate team to go outsourcing and pitch ideas for events to Studio Manger for outsourcing! Also, when trying to gain new members! Success in making partnerships with other Business's while I was there! But Studio manger never followed through! lost out on a lot due to this.

Sales Associates & Trainers are more the face of the company! We are dedicated to members & Orange Theory! I love this company but it is franchised. So you don't know how management may be like. You go in mostly blindfolded as I experienced.
Pros
Members are amazing! Trainers are awesome!
Cons
Stressful, Competitive, Workload is challenging, Management not strong
Not worth the stress
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA - HilltopMay 10, 2019
Constantly busy and stressful. No scheduled/expected breaks. No support from upper managment. Managment and ownership are not open to feedback from employees and do not care about you. Due to the incredibly high turnover rate you will have to pick up the hours of all your coworkers leaving. The only thing I liked about this job were the other sales associates, coahces, and the sweet members. You can find a job that pays you the same amount of money for WAY less stress.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Stressfull, Poor managment, High turnover
Sales job with Front Desk pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 30, 2019
Job wasn't terrible. Wasn't great. Worked the morning shift, which hardly got any commission compared to the night shift. Culture was decent, although it eventually came down to dramatic employees teaming up on others which is pretty common working in the fitness industry. This made it a divided workplace and almost unbearable. This job you are basically a front desk employee, a sales man, an account manager, and janitor. No matter how much you clean or how much you sell they will never be satisfied.
Pros
Pay is decent hourly
Cons
no set breaks, working 4:15am-1:00 pm and hardly getting any sales in the early a.m., member you sign up has to be a member for 2 months before you get commission.
The BEST in the Industry
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2019
Anyone who's been in the industry long enough knows, boutique gyms are where it's at! I wholeheartedly believe in the workouts and almost feel guilty for getting paid to have so much fun!

Shifts can and will be taken/given for any random reason(i.e.-if they decide to hire a new Coach, someone leaves, management/owner feels like it, etc.) so I suggest you keep as many things as possible going on outside of otf. I plan on owning my own Studio so I'm never leaving!
Pros
Free workouts
Fun group of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 24, 2019
I enjoyed the people I worked with and loved the workouts. The only reason I left was due to personal issues that came up in my life. I would recommend this job to someone looking to make a difference
Otf
Head Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYApril 23, 2019
Great pay...with unrealistic work/life balance. To say that you have to consume yourself with your job is an understatement. Studio goals are often unrealistic as well as studio owners are severely misguided by the company in itself.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Unhealthy work/life practices
Do not work here if you have another option.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2019
The only good thing about the job are the hours. The pay per hour is decent as a coach, but it is also very unreliable and varies pay period to pay period. The worst part about the job is about 1/3 of your working hours are unpaid. It is certainly an unethically ran company and perhaps illegal. I have been working to get out for a while.
Management is also across the board terrible. I have known people who have lost their job because they didn't want to do work without compensation. I nearly lost my job for the same reason. Fitness industry is bad to work in in general, and OTF certainly matches the trend. Terrible job. Reconsider unless you have a partner to support you.
Pros
Hours are off of normal schedule and relatively short.
Cons
Nearly anything you can think of that can go wrong in a business, goes wrong here.
Relaxing place to work but must maintain sales quotas and cold calls daily
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 9, 2019
show up ON TIME, meaning no less than 15 minutes early, and start with cold calls on the lead bucket. At least 40 calls and 2 sales per day

Working at OTF taught me how to be a civilian again and how to speak with our members and interact with them in a way that is not out of line.

work place is great. great employees and if you meet your sales quotas you will be rewarded either with bonuses or parties

most enjoyable part of the job is having members you signed up come up to you month later and thank you for getting them in the door because it changed their life
Productive workplace with a very welcoming and close staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAApril 9, 2019
I loved working for Orangetheory Lorton-Fairfax Station. It is like a family there and everyone is very nice and always willing to lend a helping hand.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 8, 2019
Orangetheory GR is a great community. Working there I have worked with some great people as well as interacted with the members. I have learned more about making positive connections.
Good managers, good team environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTApril 8, 2019
The sales role is fast-paced and fun. At times, it can be a little stressful, but having an awesome team helps. My managers were always motivating and encouraging. They wanted you to succeed and built a great team atmosphere. Really loved working here!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low compensation
Low moral, High turnover
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2019
Very greedy owner, did not really care too much about employees. Management isn't the best, very drama infested culture. Owner wasn't really present at all much in my time working there. Also never got talked to about a raise until close to my time of leaving.
Accommodating
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLApril 4, 2019
I’ve never had an issue. Our owner is flexible and strives to make everyone happy. Family life is important to the owner so it makes working here fun and less stressful knowing you have a support system.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Early mornings
good company to work for
Assistant Manager/ Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 4, 2019
Very flexible with their hours and for time off. I enjoyed the fact that they encouraged all staff members to workout in classes and motivate our members
Pros
free membership
Upbeat environment to work at
FITNESS COACH (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 3, 2019
This company is all about a positive attitude and energy. The staff is really nice and the members are awesome. It is a place for growth and good vibes.
Pros
helping people in a fun way
Cons
no benefits
Great community and environment to balance work and school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 3, 2019
Works well with schedule; great community of co-workers and members; early mornings and weeknights; weekend schedules vary; holidays included except Christmas.
Need better management in the Waco and Temple location
Former employer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 3, 2019
Poor interview, the manager in the Waco location seems like she needs more training, not responsive, lack of communication. They need better operation being that they just opened up in the Temple location. They would pick over people with experience and put put in the front desk positions just for looks instead of, knowledge.. They need more understanding of how to run or operate a business just sad..
Pros
Cons
Poor management skills, and communication
Fun place to work at
Assistant Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 3, 2019
Orangetheory was great to interact with the community. I enjoyed getting members involved in activities. It is a job that you have to be aware of your surroundings at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orangetheory Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight