Orano Culture reviews

great place to work
Mechanical Process Units Responsible Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 23, 2018
This has been a great place to work because I have a great boss and a good group of coworkers on my team. I hope I can stay with Orano and don't have to change companies.
Pros
Great groups and training
Cons
Telecommuting not available
Relaxed work environment
Constructability Engineer - (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 6, 2018
Management is the best it could be and they have made the job a fun and enjoyable place to come and work. If the job was not shutting down I would stay forever.
A Great Culture
Design Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  SCJune 6, 2018
One of the best companies I have worked for! Orano invests heavily into its employees with more than just compensation and benefits. Orano's culture is focused on a work/life balance that fosters great professionals.
Working for AREVA/Framatome
Training and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 26, 2018
I worked for them for 26 years and enjoyed the nuclear service business, travelling across the country and world, performing new and interesting tasks.

AREVA, not Orano.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
It was a cut-throat business.
Great Place if you have Work
Workflow Technician II and Technical Editor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 17, 2017
AREVA was a great, very fair place to work when we had work. That hasn't been the case recently. The hardest part of the job was finding work. Flexibility to work at home was a plus.
Pros
Telecommuting was fine. People were great.
Cons
No work
Great work environment
Helpdesk Support Specialist II/Workstation Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2017
They are always having something for the employees and the people are great and professional. The culture is relaxed and non stressful most of the time.
Must be Single and Complacent
Engineer (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 27, 2017
This place is a mess. They underbid their jobs and expect employees to work overtime without compensation. Meanwhile other employees have no work and are asked to take a pay cut. Managers are disrespectful and don't appreciate the extra time employees put in to get the job done. The pay is the only positive from this place but in the long run is not worth it.

Expect a lot of travel without any notice. Also expect to pay you own way and not to get compensated for a month. Make sure you have a nice savings to afford the thousands of bucks you'll spend on the travel.

They are just getting worse and veteran employees are starting to quit while they can't even get new employees to stay. I don't see how this company can stay competitive when they continue to treat their employees poorly.

If you are looking for a permanent career with advancement in your future...keep looking.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule, lack of respect, travel
Areva
PDMS US ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2017
Areva is a French based company. The culture is very EU and I enjoyed working there. The wher willing to send me fortraining to improve my work value. The last USA administration killed projects.
Pros
Cons
EPA killed work
Tried something new
Senior Support Manager (Automation Support) (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 20, 2017
This was truly a try something new opportunity. Old technology but stable company with some really good people that work there.

Enjoyed the office culture and the people.
This was the best career job I had.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at AREVA. I had great management team, great co workers and most of all I loved my job. A lot of growth within company they would train you and educate you to move to the next level. The pay was excellent.

Want to know more about Orano?

Ask a question
Very great
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PAMarch 26, 2017
I loved working here the other employees were great. My boss was very helpful and kind. It was unfortunate that it was a temporary position or else I would have stayed.
Pros
Great environment, boss was great
Cons
Temporary
good company
Piping Works Package Manager/ Vendor QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 6, 2017
good company to work for. I traveled to world for them building solar power plants with good advancement. I really enjoyed seeing many different countries and cultures.
AREVA is a good place to work
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 10, 2016
Good place to work but a lot of politics and lack of job security - lots of cuts lately in all areas

Friendly employees but management seems distant
Well paying, long hours, multiple contracts
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 25, 2016
Transnuclear is the u.S. leader in nuclear Dry Fuel Storage. Their pay is competitive, hours are long and hold multiple contracts throughout the United States.
Struggling ompany with smart people
Engineer (Former Employee) –  USOctober 6, 2015
The best part is learning from knowledgeable colleagues. The second best part is learning from knowledgeable colleagues. It is unfortunate that there is no growth in this industry.
Areva is Areva
Nuclear Fuel Inspector / Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 29, 2015
Not a bad place to work, and a great location. Traveling is required so that is the only downfall. It takes away from the time with your family.
Great Company
Verification and Validation Manager (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 26, 2015
Great company, struggling to compete in North America in the nuclear industry. Outlook for next 5 years seems stable but very competitive industry
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Productive and fast pace environment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 21, 2015
I learned a lot with the help of supportive admins. I did the normal duties such as faxing, scanning, copying, writing in travel expenses, compliance matrix for a multimillion dollar proposal that passed. The management was ok, it was incredibly competitive and that made it more difficult to advance because people who had been there for a long time were determined to push anyone out of their way to make it to the top. I always learned to work together and advance together, so being pushed down to the very bottom, wasn't the best feeling, especially since I worked really hard and was an asset for the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and gaining contacts for references for jobs.
Pros
Gaining experience, meeting new contacts
Strong engineering expertise lacking in business savvy
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousFebruary 26, 2015
Strong project management and engineering culture. Very cool technology. Need to improve business side of the company - far too focused on technology and engineering.
Engaging workplace with can do attitudes.
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 29, 2014
AREVA Solar has great people in a difficult field, wonderful time working with this company. The most enjoyable part of working for a green company has been that it has given me an entirely new approach to life. My co-workers have been awesome, making it a pleasure to come to work. I am sorry this assignment is coming to an end.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orano. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight